What's the least amount of work you've done in a working day?

T

Trebz

I work hard all day everyday, I am a perfect employee. I think I should get a raise. I even work the occasional weekend! Yes, a payrise would be nice.

J

Jonny_Darko

I used to work in games mags - due to there being one PR rep or another there every night with a credit card behind the bar, I spent most days staring silently at my Mac monitor with glazed expressions while feebly pushing a can of redbull around the desk.

Still not sure why they eventually made me editor.

M

MYstIC G

Being paid to admin game servers was pretty bloody sweet :D

P

PR.

I started a new job 3 weeks ago, the person I'm supposed to be learning from has gone on sick leave for a month, now I sit around trying to think of things that need doing :/

I don't know the system well enough to do anything radical, and there seems very few problems on the phone...

No one on the same floor as where I work and 97% of the people there are 20years older than me so no one to talk to

I'm getting bored by 2pm, theres only so many websites I can visit, I'm already the highest user on the ISA logs :(

GIVE ME SOMETHING TO DO, PLEASE!!!!

O

Ono

The whole of the last 3 months (which is my notice period) have been one fucking great big do-fuck-all-but-surf-and-have-long-lunches holiday for me. It's doing my nut in. So much so that I couldn't even be arsed to go in today cos I was *cough* ill.

Thank God next week is my last week and I start a proper job in April.

S

stu

Originally posted by Durzel
The problem I've got really is not laziness, but moreof complete boredom at what I'm finding myself having to do. I guess that's the problem with most jobs really. Oh to have an inspiring job!

No daz. The problem *is* in fact that you're a fat lazy shit.

M

mank!

When I worked in a curtain shop (go me!) I often spent all day wandering around talking to people. One day, I spent at least 4 hours sat on a bed with Louise just chatting about fuck all, occasionally a customer would come along with a question but that hardly constitutes works.

Then our boss returned to work, and I got sacked a few months later :|

O

old.TUG

The least amount of work I've done in a working day is about the same amount of work as I do every day.

Fuck all.

I own my own business too :D Can you tell thats why I'm in debt :(

K

Krazeh

I think it may have been today, went into work an hour late, added about 2 records to our database, surfed the net looking at stuff then at midday went for a meal for a colleagues birthday then sat in the pub for the rest of the afternoon.

L

Lester

Originally posted by ~YuckFou~
eh?

Fuck me I really posted that? Sorry I meant Copyright. My head musta been mashed.

Anyway someone actually copyrighted that picture. Just seemed odd. :)

D

dangerousbry

Hey I work for GAME so i Work hard all the time :)

R

raw

I've done litterally fuck all once or twice.. about 6 years ago i worked for a small company who insisted on using aol for their emails, so i sat there all day long playing VirtuaL pool online through AOL :D

K

kryt

hmm, think here a few days are like that : I do about an hours hard graft in the morning typing up a few whinging letters to clients, then spend the rest of the day testing the new internal emailing system, which involves heavy usage of the internet and solitaire.

On the subject of street signs :

street1.jpg

Not a very good pic, but unaltered. If you don't believe me, try searching for it : it's in a northamptonshire town called Wollaston.

S

stu

Originally posted by Summo
The best non-work day I ever had was a couple of summers ago when I said I had to visit a site and went out driving in my car. I pootled about then went home. That afternoon I went and had sex with my girlfriend before going back to work for 5pm. Peeps said I looked exhausted.

Hehe. I got paid for sex. :)

I've done that. Only it was in a meeting room at work. Result.

L

Lester

Originally posted by kryt

Not a very good pic, but unaltered. If you don't believe me, try searching for it : it's in a northamptonshire town called Wollaston.

Is that the real thing just creeping in at the corner?

K

kryt

hmm if you mean near the right : dunno what that is. That is a real sign though, another angle :

street2.jpg

look on any postcode checker or anything :)

S

SilverHood

I remember our database being down once.

UT all day.

C

charl8tan

look on any postcode checker or anything :)
He's not lying, I'm living in Northamptonshite atm, and I used to have some family in Wollaston. Bell End does exist :clap:

K

kryt

Just a shame I felt like a total tit when taking the picture :| Christ what people mustve thought :|

< rushden bwoy, charl8tan :|

B

bodhi

hmm if you mean near the right : dunno what that is.

I'm willing to bet a healthy amount of money that its your finger.

K

kryt

heh : nah, white thing on the pavement to the right i THINK he was on about. The ugly pink thing as you rightly pointed out is my camera-amatuer finger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom