Whats the deal with the library?

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
Ok this is order side but may also apply to the destruction equivelant.

So I go into the library in altdorf and speak to the skill trainer. Apparantly after selecting eligable skills only I get a list of skills I can't train in because I don't have the required tome unlock. So what is the required tome unlock and how do I find out what it is without asking on a forum?

After that puzzling experience I then go upstairs to the guys who sell some interesting tat and try to purchase something for a laugh. But my bargain hunting plans are scuppered by what I can only imagine is a fault in the game, because not only can I not purchase anything whether it be with cold hard cash or some reward system I have yet to learn about, but I'm given no reason as to why not.

Seriously if something hasn't been implemented into the game yet don't have the npcs stood around tempting you with stuff you can have. But if it is implemented could we not have a help icon or tome unlock that explains how the system works.

If anyone could explain to me where I'm going wrong I would be most grateful.

caswallawn

Fledgling Freddie
if you look in your tome in the bit were yu can see what unlocked the titles. you may find some pages have multiple things on the page. like so far the critical hit titles I got one at 25 then 250 crits but there are still 2 more on the page.

chances are once I fill them other 2 I can go to the library I get some reward for it. or atleast this is my understanding from the tome unlock quest at the very start of the game.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
If you kill a certain amount of monster/player types, let's say 100 Dark Elves, you can buy the Tactic corresponding to these types.

The merchants on the top levels sell fluff items. You can unlock them by killing named mobs throughout the game. When you do so, you get a short text line about talking to someone in the Altdorf Library.
An Example would be the Shawl of Spring, in Ostland there's a house with a lake next to it, and behind that house is a mob called Shrouded Gloomleaf (or something like that). Kill this mob and you can get a neat looking cloak from the Library. It's this Undead-PinUp one ;)

Aqe

One of Freddy's beloved
If you kill a certain amount of monster/player types, let's say 100 Dark Elves, you can buy the Tactic corresponding to these types.

The merchants on the top levels sell fluff items. You can unlock them by killing named mobs throughout the game. When you do so, you get a short text line about talking to someone in the Altdorf Library.
An Example would be the Shawl of Spring, in Ostland there's a house with a lake next to it, and behind that house is a mob called Shrouded Gloomleaf (or something like that). Kill this mob and you can get a neat looking cloak from the Library. It's this Undead-PinUp one ;)

That everyone is running around with until they get one with stats :)

Faya

Fledgling Freddie
Which is pretty easy killing 20 trolls behind the fence :)

Faya

Dredge

Fledgling Freddie
I have killed over 3000 high elves. I cant get any of the anti-elf tome tactics. I still dont know how to fulfill the 'enter a high elf scenario' one...

caswallawn

Fledgling Freddie
I have killed over 3000 high elves. I cant get any of the anti-elf tome tactics. I still dont know how to fulfill the 'enter a high elf scenario' one...
my thoughts would be to go to the elf lands and join one.

Fitzbert

Fledgling Freddie
I saw my Bestiary hit "1000 Human Kills" today, but was disheartened when I learned I would not be able to get the shoulder pips proving this as not all my kills had been Empire.

Damn it. -.-

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom