whats the best proffesion?

Jerbear

Fledgling Freddie
hey all i was wounderin what profession is the best that can make u some money? cuase i went leatherworking and am currently at 191 i think and from everybody i talked to they siad that leatherworking is a waitse of time (BTW im a rogue skinning/leatherworking) and i was juts wounderin if anybody knew that if this was true and if so what are the best professions to learn... mainly to make money!! thanx guys

Spix

Fledgling Freddie
The "best" proffesions is probably Alchemy/herbalist. Since everyone want pots of different flavour they sell well on the Auction house, and one consumed pot is a sold pot for the alchemist :) ,
It may be a timesink to gather the ingrediences though, but you can always cooperate with a friend that takes up herbalism aswell to get alot of herbs and he/she gets free potions or a % of the salary.

Another good sport is to be a pure gatherer and simply sell all raw material on Auction house.
A good combo is mining/skinning or herb/skinning.

Athinz

Fledgling Freddie
mining / skinng is definately the best i've tried :p

my 16warrior on sunstrider has level 15equipment *minimum level* and around a gold to spare...

selling copper for cheap prices is good... sells SO fast

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
I want teh bestest!!!

Seriously, if there was anything that was vastly superior to everything else; you reckon there would be any other crafters?

That being said; using two gathering skills and selling the stuff cheap at Auction House is easy money. Learn how supply and demand work and you'll make a nice load of cash easily. (No, selling stuff as expensive as you can get away with isn't the best option)

Phusion

Fledgling Freddie
i think enchanters can make money well at 300 skill.

crusader. 150g per enchant (costs for to make it is about 60-70g i think)
icy chill. saw those going for 250g in beta Oo (crafting costs for this thing is about 50g)
the rest of the enchantments sell good aswell.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Blacksmithing can be good, but only if you have the time to farm for all the drops needed, cause if you buy them on the AH you will loose alot of cash. Was looking for Core of Earth and saw it on ah for only 17g and i needed 4 for a weapon, so dont think its worth it. And problem selling a weapon like http://www.thottbot.com/?i=4488 for anything above 8g. Have one up on AH for 4 days now for 15g no buyers. Highest bid in a tell was 8g, so will be more cash selling the resources instead.

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Phusion said:
i think enchanters can make money well at 300 skill.

crusader. 150g per enchant (costs for to make it is about 60-70g i think)
icy chill. saw those going for 250g in beta Oo (crafting costs for this thing is about 50g)
the rest of the enchantments sell good aswell.
Apart from the fact that the "crafting costs" doesn't really mirror well on Enchanting; and the top-tier stuff either requires a very friendly guild or weighted dices on raids - yes, it can be good money.

It's not by a longshot as consistent and cost effective as gathering professions though. (once again; if sold at a good price the crafters will buy instead of farming it themselves.)

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
i found the best is skinning, i usually have 3 bags full of leathers, and go onto the AH, look what the lowest price is, then usually knock 20 silver off that, so selling about 60 a stack. Then announce in /2 that there is a shitload of leathers, 20 silver lower than the lowest price, and the buyers come flooding in.

Vesuvius

Fledgling Freddie
i enjoy herbalism/alchemy
Nice being able to make your own Major Healing Potions and Major mana potions

but i only use it for myself and guildies - never sold a potion in my life so dunno bout the potential for moneymaking.

Marczje

Fledgling Freddie
Tailor / enchanting.. can disenchant the items i make with tailoring.. very usefull

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom