What's Stoke like?

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
There is a sensible reason for that though bobz0r.

See above comments :D

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Well yikes, it looks like I'm moving to Stoke. I was offered the job on Saturday night, I said I needed a couple of days to 'mull' and I officially accepted it about an hour ago. :)

What I saw of Stoke wasn't too shabby at all. I was staying in the Quality Hotel (emphasis on quality). From what I'd read on here about people's experiences/opinions I was expecting something that looked like Beirut and the inside of a busy nightclub to be a warzone, but there wasn't one single fight in the club all night long.

So in a couple of weeks, my plan to start stalking Trem will official kick into action! :D

TUG

It's my birthday today!
So come on, what's the job title? You da new bossman?

Let me rent it out for cheap if so :D

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
So here I am in Stoke! :)

And it's pissing it down. :eek:

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Have you accidentally trod in human shit while walking down the road yet?

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
caLLous said:

MUWAHAHAHAHAHA THERE IS NO ESCAPE!!

It may be piss rather than rain Cally, especially if you are walking by flats.

LMAO @ Wazz as well (bastid :eek: )

venus

Fledgling Freddie
caLLous said:

well thats what you get for leaving us here in smelly plymouth so ha ha

(love you really)... sometimes ;)

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I also live i Stoke at the moment. It's lovely really. Best thing to come out of it is the M6 South........

Fast

Part of the furniture
Toe Reet duck me an mar lady of doown hanley!

Stoke where Shellys once stood the home of Sasha, 2min sweeping intros of pure lush 1990 ahh..

Entropey 1991 Guy dies on dancefloor from "e" gets carried out mc at time screams "they droppin like flys tonight" Stoke hard but fair.

Stoke has a good nightlife lots of clubs and bars :)

Creation: cheese on toast for the student masseeve

Bodhi

TUG said:
What are you still doing here :mad:

;)

Trying to leave. And fire this bird I've met in Stone. If I do I might not leave for a while.

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
look on the brightside.

You will be closer to Paradise (a.k.a. Scotland)

Bodhi

P.S. Cally they got any more jobs going there? I am in urgent need of cash and have a degree to waive around to get it. Even like bar manager or something would do, I just really fancy working in a club. I've been to quite a few events across Scotland over the past few months, and wouldn't mind working behind the scenes for a while.

TUG

It's my birthday today!
I can imagine the amount of glassings going on in that place if Bodhi was bar manager! :D

Fast, sounds like you got a nice bit of nostalgia going on there... gutted I was a tad too young for all that malarky :(

I want outta Stoke but I also wanna buy a house, so I'm fucked and looks like I will be stuck in Stoke for life unless theres a massive drop in house prices. Will have to keep up my pimpin' game innit :D

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Stoke isn't a bad place. I worked there for a few weeks 'back in the day' and have been back a few times since. Not an entertainment metropolis but full of good northern folk ... much better than those southern poncies!

That said my abiding memory of Stoke will be a blind date that I had there. Wish that she'd told me she was a post-op transexual before our goodnight kiss.... Ahh, memories :eek6:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom