whats salvage?

J

jim_01

would some please explain the in's and out's of this.

apparently its good for makeing money.

TIA

V

vindicat0r

you salvage items that drop off mobs or indeed old armor you dont use anymore.

the command is simple enough /salvage with the item targeted on the ground :D.

From /salvage depending on the item you will get some of the basic elements of the item.

For Example, A piece of armor will salvage for metal bars to which the quality of bars will depend on the AF of the armor, like af98 being arcanium, correct me if I'm wrong, so you get a certain amount of arcanium bars for /salvaging it and with those bars you can trinket them to make little hinges which sell for alot more money than is worth selling the pure bars them self.

So ppl go kill mobs, or buy DF items with seals, and then sit at a forge and /salvage all the gear for bars and then trinket < in metal working> to make hinges and sell the hinges to the merchants.

On a sidenote. You must have enough skill in metalworking to be able to salvage certain metals, for the highest metal salvage arcanium I believe 800+ will do for you and with that you can salvage the drops that necros farm with ease :D = lots of cash.

DF items are the most popular items to be salvaged i would imagine.

Hope that helped some :D

And anybody may feel free to correct me on any little parts here and there ^^

C

Chrystina

Originally posted by vindicat0r
the command is simple enough /salvage with the item targeted on the ground :D.
right click on item in backbag, press SHIFT+R and select Salvage ... easier imo tbh

C

chretien

If you sell an item to a merchant you will get a couple of gold. If you salvage the item you will get a varying amount of metal/wood/leather/cloth. Selling the material to a merchant will get you half the money it would cost to buy that material. If you 'trinket' the material by making it into breadboards or hinges for example you get back 95% of the cost to buy the material.

J

jim_01

im a minstrel so i caN only learn tailoring and fletching.

these 2 skills dont have metalworking as a material skill.

does that mean i cant salvage?

TIA

J

jim_01

also i learn't alchemy (thinking you could have one of the new crafts{sc alchemy} and one of the old {wep, armour, fletch, leather})

but now the master fletcher wont talk to me either.

so am i doubly screwed?

TIA

C

chretien

You can only do one tradeskill - weaponcraft, armourcraft, tailoring, fletching, spellcraft or alchemy. As a Minstrel you can choose from Alchemy, tailoring or fletching. Once you choose a tradeskill you can't change your mind (well you can but not in your case I'm afraid).
As a tailor or fletcher you can advance all the material skills (clothworking, leatherworking, metalworking and woodworking), alchemists can't do any of those which means that no, you won't be able to salvage anything.

O

Ocalinn

u can change the tradeskill from alchemy/spellcrafting to the old tradeskills, there is someone u can talk to in camelot i think. have to do a short quest and then u can go talk to the other masters

J

jim_01

ocalinn

are u sure there is a quest for alchemy/spellcraft to the old tradeskills?

there is deffo a quest to change from old to alchemy/spellcraft but noone at the forom at www daoctradeskills com knows of a quest for alchemy/spellcraft to the old.

if so, do u know the name of the npc or the quest name please?

TIA

C

chretien

You can only change from one of the old skills to Alch or SC and not the other way around.

Users who are viewing this thread