What's going on with Requiel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
To be fair, I thought he did well with his statement but can see how from a business point of view it was a bad move.

I cant say I've seen a post by him since. Am guessing they have just asked him not to post for a week or two to let things die down...would be a bit silly to just fire him.

I think Requiel (IainC for all you noobs) is a nice enough guy and dont have any problems with him. Thought I'd say that so no one thinks I'm taking the piss etc.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Do you really expect us to know more than you do and do you really expect an official statement regarding this matter?

I suggest to read his non-edited statement a couple of more times btw, you've clearly missed the vital bits.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
yeah,

i hope to see him in action back soon.

i hope he didn`t get too much shit over his very true but somewhat undiplomatic statement.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
am I allowed to post +1? probably not.

*warns himself for posting +1*

I agree anyway, I expect it's just a case of "keep away from the crowd with pitchfork and torches for a bit".

titch

Fledgling Freddie
Would it be possible to let this whole episode die a quiet death. The post in question was unfortunate as any valid points will always be overshadowed by some of the wordings.

Therefore lets play WAR, work with the staff and let sleeping dogs lie as the saying goes.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Do you really expect us to know more than you do and do you really expect an official statement regarding this matter?

I suggest to read his non-edited statement a couple of more times btw, you've clearly missed the vital bits.

I read the original comments (from what members on here quoted) along with the edited copy.

I don't get too much time for forums compared to what I did a few years back because of my job. I was late hearing about the original Thread so I expect I have missed some more information.

So to answer your question, YES I do think people know more than me.

oh and I never asked for an 'official statement', all I hoped for was someone to say "Yeah he was on <random forum> talking about <random subject>".

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
What kind of valid points please?

It has been stated so many times by so many different people that no matter how much you try to cover it up, bringing different services up at the same time was a very bad move by GOA.

Some people have paid for open beta access (a point Iain totally missed), all have been promised same level of service by MJ, to tell those people that there is something wrong with them was just additional and unneeded fire. To edit the own post to do some damage control by bringing up racial stuff and death threats was just even worse.

Some unhappy people evaded to the US open beta and decided to stay there.

Just close this thread please and focus on the game, but please don't bullshit the community by trying to find valid points in Requiel's posts. Rarely one of them had any and if pushed against the wall he went always silent and started to post with an anonymous forum alt.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Lol stop 'assuming' and stop 'putting words in others mouths'.

I am not attempting to "bullshit the community by trying to find valid points in Requiel's posts". All I am doing is asking a simple question to see if he's made posts since the incident.

If he has made posts on forums then we kinda know he's still the CM etc.

If he's not made a post since, it does open up a barrel of worms as to what's happening.

Manisch don't get so angry with me here, I know you are not his biggest fan, but I'm not trying to undermine your opinion or 'lessen' the severity of his post.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Lol stop 'assuming' and stop 'putting words in others mouths'.

I am not attempting to "bullshit the community by trying to find valid points in Requiel's posts". All I am doing is asking a simple question to see if he's made posts since the incident.

If he has made posts on forums then we kinda know he's still the CM etc.

If he's not made a post since, it does open up a barrel of worms as to what's happening.

Manisch don't get so angry with me here, I know you are not his biggest fan, but I'm not trying to undermine your opinion or 'lessen' the severity of his post.

The one using the words "valid points" was titch I think and since I didn't quote you I don't get why you feel addressed. You've posted while I was responding so that's why my post is below yours, I should have quoted him to avoid confusion.

You've just found Iain'c post well (whatever that means) and Muyl very true (truer than true!11!oneone11) so calm down please.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
The one using the words "valid points" was titch I think and since I didn't quote you I don't get why you feel addressed. You've posted while I was responding so that's why my post is below yours, I should have quoted him to avoid confusion.

You've just found Iain'c post well (whatever that means) and Muyl very true (truer than true!11!oneone11) so calm down please.

Sorry for the confusion on that *rolls Manisch a beer*

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I posted a response to Mark Jacob's blog comments on this. It was on there a few hours but I guess it upset someone because it was removed.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
I posted a response to Mark Jacob's blog comments on this. It was on there a few hours but I guess it upset someone because it was removed.

thats a pity i always like to see both sides of a discussion, obviously someone did not like it :-(

:m00:

pikeh

Resident Freddy
thats a pity i always like to see both sides of a discussion, obviously someone did not like it :-(

Let's just say, the post didn't do much to quell the tempers of many people that day.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
It didn't need to be posted again IMHO. That "discussion" has been had.
Both IainC and the would-be beta testers were wrong in saying some of the stuff that was said. Let's just leave it now please, and enjoy the awesome game.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
google cache got me what i wanted.

Actually i think Requiel post was spot on until he got to the sociopathic bit :-( he is right there is more to life then playing a game and throwing your teddy in a corner when you dont get your toys

Then again saying that there is something wrong with you for wanting to play the "product" (warhammer online) you bought, smacks of foot and mouth.

then again how man people who play MMORPGS are mature enough to have a real life...

Its just bad PR i would say it would blow over, but the odd thing about the Internet is that its there for all to see, forever.......

Mey

Part of the furniture
Do you blame him?

Some of the comments were fucking pathetic.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
True but so was the service.

But, its GoA. Working as intended! (Still don't get why they are not changing their slogan to this??!?) I wouldnt be let down by the service if i knew what was coming :p

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Then again saying that there is something wrong with you for wanting to play the "product" (warhammer online) you bought, smacks of foot and mouth.

There's a difference between being angry/upset at not getting to play the game you've been promised you can play and threatening to set people on fire ;)

Similarly there are reasons that "FOADIRL!" is not allowed on FH.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
There's a difference between being angry/upset at not getting to play the game you've been promised you can play and threatening to set people on fire ;)

Similarly there are reasons that "FOADIRL!" is not allowed on FH.

There is a difference in bringing such a thing up in the original post or adding it later in order to do damage control too.

But I don't get what you're trying to bring across anyway, it's not like the DAoC community hasn't told him (and there is no way to put this politely) to fuck off couple of times before (see his-holy-plan-to-save-dyvet, TT-accident, SotG-guard-spawning).

Mey

Part of the furniture
I used to think you were alright when I read a few of your posts and saw people flaming you, now I realise why they flame you. You are a tool.

You play like a broken record, jesus christ.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
I used to think you were alright when I read a few of your posts and saw people flaming you, now I realise why they flame you. You are a tool.

You play like a broken record, jesus christ.

Do you want to say that people are flaming me because the broken record of truth is annoying?

I take it as a compliment. FYI I asked to close this thread somewhere at first page.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
it's not going anywhere good anyway...

PS.

Broken record of truth... isn't that a band or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom