What's Expected...?

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Of an Earth theurg in group? Just asking cos exioce was playing my theurg for me in AC this morning/last night for a good 6+ hours. The group he was in was doing well until eventually they had a wipeout. (happens to the best of us sometimes) Everyone else was rezzed first but when it came to exi the paladin insisted he not be rezzed then kicked him from group, claiming he was too inactive.

Now what I want to know is what's expected of me in groups? Usually I run PBT and rebuff haste/DA every 10 mins, throwing in some of my base ice nukes (which have huge variance and usually hit for fuck all) that almost never stick on grape mobs - this is what exi had been doing as well. I find that w/o PoM if I stand up my mana barely recharges and not at all if I am below ½ mana.

What else can I do? I have decent earth pets, but they steal exp; my DD does so little damage per mana point its silly and gets resisted around 60% of the time. My root is unreliable at best and my mezz is around 16 seconds long ^^, I could ASD the mobs I suppose, but is it worth it?

PS They got ialkarn's theurg to fill the spot, who promptly went afk :p

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Sounds like you didn't do anything wrong there, and they were being dumbasses.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Gordonax said:
Sounds like you didn't do anything wrong there, and they were being dumbasses.

Well wasn't me Playing, was Exioce. Must have been his "personality" then :p

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Incidentally, fighting purple mobs your pet effectively takes almost no xp, as they won't actually be hitting much (if it's purple to you, it's uber purple to your pet). However, for a tough mob it's worth pet spamming it, as the additional numbers on the mob will make everyone else hit it more effectively, even if the pets themselves aren't hitting it.
Most people don't understand the pet leeching code: pets don't leech like an extra person in the group, but like a person outside the group, which significantly reduces the maximum they can leech. If your pet does *all* the damage on a mob, it will only take 25% of the xp - so it's pretty easy to see how petspamming a tough mob will be a good idea, as you'll lose almost no xp for a significant advantage.
Oh, and that's 25% for all pets - not 25% per pet.

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
they are stupid

earth theurg is a luxury to have in an xp group...

Silenzio

Fledgling Freddie
as u said u were not ther... so myght be... u friend went afk right after putting on pbt
and wile stuk in his afkyness, he could have pulled tons ov mob that caused the wipeout...

erth theurg or supp runi cant do much but is not supposed they are able to be afk the wole time or for long... aye could be boring... but u choosed the class

so we dont know the real story as u are just reporting partial story...

then have fun and dont share your account ;)

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
I reckon Ialkarn was PMing him telling him horror stories about me, either that or JH killed his main a few too many times :twak:

gunner440 said:
they are stupid
Hehe this was taken from the same group :
nodet.jpg

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Silenzio said:
Something vaguely resembling English
I wasn't there for most of it (at work) but was sitting beside him for the last hour. During the pull that killed them he was rooting and helping the tanks by nuking/petting the mobs until he nearly ran oom and had to stop to keep PBT up.

xoboll

Fledgling Freddie
Boot a Earth theurg.. are they mad.. earth theurgs can't do much after they put pbt on and then eb/haste every 10 mins.. if they do anything else they will have no power for pbt.. even with top lvl pom or p/s, power regen with pbt on is useless..

so inactive.. let me think.. is the pbt pulsing.. r u being eb/haste regularly.. ok so they r watchin a film or reading a book or just scratchin thier bum.. but wot else can a earth theurg do.. and tbh group chat in a serious xp grp is pretty much non existant..

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
I always try and chat in exp groups cos I think if you have fun exping it doesnt seem to drag so much. It's just kinda hard in alb cos I don't speak spanish :(

Filo

Fledgling Freddie
What a friend of mine always does wich usually works out great, is that he with fully dex buffs ofc simply spam single BT on the one with aggro to help...
I.e say the pally is holding aggro from 3 mobs, or a cleric gets aggro cuz of a messup.. he spammed single BT on the target taking a bit too much damage.
And ofc kept pbt on aswell, worked out great for us.

Jpeg QuickStix

Fledgling Freddie
Rulke said:
I always try and chat in exp groups cos I think if you have fun exping it doesnt seem to drag so much. :(

i agree 100% :) not just chattign either tho but avin a laugh :)

*Ialkarn

Fledgling Freddie
Rulke said:
PS They got ialkarn's theurg to fill the spot, who promptly went afk :p

Wtf that was supposed to be a a strict personal confidence ^^

You are just jelous cause my theurg can staff kill yours anytime.

edited:Strafer!

edited2: I 'm actually afk in a DF group , I 'm getting seals too!

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
Filo said:
What a friend of mine always does wich usually works out great, is that he with fully dex buffs ofc simply spam single BT on the one with aggro to help...
I.e say the pally is holding aggro from 3 mobs, or a cleric gets aggro cuz of a messup.. he spammed single BT on the target taking a bit too much damage.
And ofc kept pbt on aswell, worked out great for us.

this also that most earth theurg should do :D

Dole

Fledgling Freddie
Rulke said:
I always try and chat in exp groups cos I think if you have fun exping it doesnt seem to drag so much. It's just kinda hard in alb cos I don't speak spanish :(

ROFL :clap:

Anyways, there's pretty much nothing else you can do as an earth theurg, besides watching a movie, clean up the house, visit a friend etc while being in xp group, as long as pbt is running.. :p
As someone else said, having you in group is luxury.. I guess that pally was just jealous :p

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
Rulke said:
I reckon Ialkarn was PMing him telling him horror stories about me, either that or JH killed his main a few too many times :twak:

Hehe this was taken from the same group :
nodet.jpg
a few things.
alot of ac groups are clueless.
I wouldn't tell ppl you're jh.
spamming pets/single bubbles sounds great but I doubt you have power to do that.
ialkarn > you.
If it was my group I would get both theur and stack the pbt :p

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
Asha said:
ialkarn > you.

bullshit

oh and rulke best bet is to join the early morning groups like 6-7am gmt(?) as these groups are the ones which tend to last throughout the day unlike the crappy ones during primetime

Sepiritz

Fledgling Freddie
Maybe they dont like people being too afk and get jealous of someone getting exp by doing nothing.. Not that theres much an earth theurg can do, I agree, but still.. :)

Stinkie

Fledgling Freddie
theres a few things you can do to make yourself more vaulable in a grp. and wont kill your power bar.

1) Single target root adds if its not a pbaoe grp
2) attack speed debuff mobs ( no point in a pbaoe grp again though )
3) spamming single BT / grp BT when things go tits up can save a grp.

but saying that while i lvled most of my time was spent not exactly AFK but watching my TV next to my PC or reading a book. I can garrantee those that do complain about AFKers be it a thuerg mincer or sorc are all classes that cant AFK themselves.

If somone can do there job in a group and be afk while doing it then let them. Im guessing exi just had AFK envy

Filip

Fledgling Freddie
i lvl'ed as an earth theug.. and after lvl 43 i had 1 rule ...

i pull or i go afk....

the asd is great to pull with for tank groups 1500 range and up every 5 sec

the pally pull thingy is only up every 30 sec ...

allso if you are an exprinced player you are better to judge how fast you can pull. You need to pull so fast that ppl complain but no1 dies...

in a Pbaoe group use pets to pull 2000 range and you can pull 6-12 mobs at duallists..(makes em whine but with a good pally you live)

after the pull spam bubble on the guy who got agro..

but to do all this you need some powerregen(make your own groups is much better than to join a random)

Iceflower

Fledgling Freddie
Sounds like the group had no clue what huge benefit you give to the group with pbt...probably powerlevel noobs, think no more about it. If you used your other tools as power allowed you havent done anything wrong as long as you got enough power to keep the pbt running at all times. Problem is that the pbt is a passive skill with no razzle and dazzle effects. Tanks very rarely notice it, I guess they think the "... misses" combat lines are regular misses :) Ask any healer what they think of pbt for a very different view, it can put them out of work if you got a couple of shield tanks in the group.

>erth theurg or supp runi cant do much but is not supposed they are able to be afk the wole time or for long

Actually, the supp runie got a lot of nice tools to use. They are great pullers with the very low aggro rate and huge range of nearsight. Confusion is also a good spell to use in critical situations. And the DD nuke makes just enough damage not to draw aggro from tanks if you start to chain cast them. However, running the 8 and 6sec pbt powerhogs are a limiting factor on what you can do during lvl 40 -50. You wont get a good power balance until you get a few RAs to compensate the power consumtion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom