Whats everyone up to (game wise?)

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Moved house around two months ago and have been too busy to play DAOC - but now things are settling down I have some spare time and need to find a cool game to relax with.

MMORPGS are out - I dont want to fall back into that social trap ever again :)

Really enjoyed Zelda on the Wii so something similar would be great, love RTS and RPG kind of games, hate FPS tho.

Bank balance is health enough to buy a 360/PS3 if there are some good games out there.

So whats your game of choice ?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well i play EVE nowadays again, it's good 'cause you can evolve without being online 24/7 so it's not such a social trap :)

Waiting for tabula rasa and a couple of other games.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
TBH id just love another console game - this PC is getting old now so its not gona run much, but then I only use it for web browsing and to log into work from home - damn im sad.

Looked around on play.com but cant find any game that makes me want to buy it.

Solo

Fledgling Freddie
Getting back into bf2, found a nice server so only playing there atm.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
CnC3 is good Alan but quite demanding.

Other than that i've not played much recently, haven't picked up cnc in over a week either, uni is more fun :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Alan if you liked starcontrol 2, the 3do version is hellacool. All spoken and stuff :D

And it's completely free. Would waste a day or two atleast.

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
Stalker... Creepy game :)

Also a bit Evil Genius - if you liked Dungeon keeper you'd like this one also hehe

Alan

Fledgling Freddie

Other than that i've not played much recently, haven't picked up cnc in over a week either, uni is more fun :p

Avoiding C&C3 due to the shit poor zoom out - shame as I loved the first ones but theres no way I could put up that piss poor small size battlefield, gave up on the demo and heard it hasnt changed since then.

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
Btw, anyone know if theres a co-op mode in stalker? And how does it work? Can you duo the singleplayer campaign?

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Buy a 360, they are pretty cheap these days and have a host of good games including (in a few days) C&C3 if you wanted RTS and some decent RPG games with several more coming later this year (Blue Dragon, Mass Effect, Bioshock etc).

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
or save up for a DX10 PC and get the likes of crysis :p in less than a years time all consoles will look dated (in comparison) the only way you can keep at the cutting edge of games is by PC. most half decent console games make it to PC eventually anyway, usually far more life to them (with mods and un-official expansions) than their console versions. Though in saying that the only real console (as in group of friends sitting around the TV on a Sunday afternoon) is the Wii, the rest are wanna-be PCs.

anyway, just played through stalker, an absolute gem of a game. going to play it though again on a harder setting, rushed through it a little first time, missed a load of the side missions

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Buy a 360, they are pretty cheap these days and have a host of good games including (in a few days) C&C3 if you wanted RTS and some decent RPG games with several more coming later this year (Blue Dragon, Mass Effect, Bioshock etc).

Shouldn't you be boycotting Microsoft anyway? :p

Laddey

FH is my second home
I really enjoyed/enjoy Gears of War on the xbox 360. It's a good game story to it, and good live gaming to it. If you get on it, give me a shout. Host a few matches and woop some ass.

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
Playing on silverfall on pc (coop rpg over lan/internet)

It's very diablo ish tbh

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
im still into WoW atm, the new expansion is spectacular :) im all kara attuned and stuff but the amount of content is staggering.

also enjoy the occasional blast on that oldie but goodie that is Freelancer. and some emulator fun from the guys at fruit-emu.com (a must for anyone who used to play fruit machines)

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
Stalker... Creepy game :)

Also a bit Evil Genius - if you liked Dungeon keeper you'd like this one also hehe

Evil Genius is a great game, the base defences are fantastic.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R - got a copy at the weekend (legit! no actualy copy) so will give it a try tonight, looks good.

Alan - Supreme Commander is good, C&C3 is another decent game at the moment. MMO wise, into Lord of the Rings Online. Got back into Planetside and its real lot of fun now.

Corran

Part of the furniture

C&C3 is way to easy, especially on the normal difficulty. Completed GDI and NOD campaigns in a couple of days and was part way through the Scrin campaign when formatted and forgot to back up saved games :( so working through it again. Completed the first 4 missions in a total of about 32minutes which is stupid (especially as i do all bonuses still :s )

Supreme commander was good, but after a short time you know every sides weakness and can easily abuse it. And more to the point on the off chance you do fail a mission, next time round you can manipulate the game mechanics in order for on the next map expansion you in position to slaughter what it brings (funny one was launching a nuke at a totally clear area just before destroying the final part of a base, the map expands and the nuke then lands on the prototype units the second they appeared :p )
But then that not in the spirit of the game, still possible and in general game was fairly easy, but then that normally true on modern strategy games.

Not really many games have appealled to me lately, thats why i been thankful for all the top class football that been on 4 days a week

Chronictank

FH is my second home
I'm waiting for Jericho :), If you liked Dead Rising this one is prolly you wont want to miss
http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/adve...ml?om_act=convert&om_clk=tabs&tag=tabs;videos

Halo 2 is out in the pc soon with over-hauled gfx and the ability to play on windows-live against xbox owners, however the game requires Vista, perosnalyl i would not get it as even the devlopers say they could have done better and probably will with Halo 3

Chysis and UT2007 are others on the horizon, good year for games with dx10 around the corner :)

I also agree with the above cnc3 was easy after about 10 mins of play

Gamah

Banned
I found the best game to play the other day.

Basicly you go to a pub and select a women you like, you attempt to make conversation with her and of course she wont be interested in you. You walk away rejected but dont let her out of your sight.

She leaves the pub and the game is to follow her, she arrives at home and you smash her skull in with an axe.

NikonL

Fledgling Freddie
Quite a few people have mentioned planetside. what's that like currently? I read about some changes they've made to it but i don't know if it's worth logging on for some VS action \o>

Solo

Fledgling Freddie
Quite a few people have mentioned planetside. what's that like currently? I read about some changes they've made to it but i don't know if it's worth logging on for some VS action \o>

Is there a planetside demo / trial available? Remember playing in the beta alot and loving it but left it at that.

Nate

FH is my second home
Stalkers worth a try and the recent Oblivion add on Shivering Isles or smth.

Solo

Fledgling Freddie
http://planetside.station.sony.com/reserves/

Free upto BattleRank 7 (i think) which won't get you every gun, but will suit you out to a decent enough damage output (Heavy Armour (Exo) + Heavy Weapons + Med + Eng (possibly enough to get ATV or Harasser)

Thanks, but "The PlanetSide Reserves is no longer accepting recruits at this time." :(

Is this a permanant thing, or do they create new accounts every week or so?

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
Thanks, but "The PlanetSide Reserves is no longer accepting recruits at this time." :(

Is this a permanant thing, or do they create new accounts every week or so?

Ooooo, my bad, did not look at the link. Not sure to be honest mate, may have been a short term thing. The DVD itself is cheap as chips now though, seen it in GAME for about £5 with a free months sub. Its worth checking out, if you like MMOFPS or the thought of it anyway. Its like Warhammer 40,000 ;)

Guns...
Bombs...
and Spaceships... :D

Its a great laugh, Cloakers + Darklight Implant + Shotgun = I see you little squishy thing :D

eksdee

FH is my second home
still playing tribes 2. 6 years since i bought it :O

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom