Whatever happend to 1 vs 1

B

Ballad

Back in the good ole times when Camlann was young it was impossible to run around without bumping into a solo.

...those big fights at water beetles... having 800 RP's at level 7... gangbang in Galpen... those everlasting solo vs solo vs solo vs solo battles...

It got a bit tamer over time with SI and decreasing population but it still existed.

..."What's the secret of your high RR, low level and good geography?" to Skold... Skold sends, "Soloing :)"...

Get to 50, do your SC and buy that glowing epic dungeon hammer. Done? Good. Now go out and do some PvP.
That was the concept of a "ready" level 50. Yep that's right. PvP and those ocassional epic dungeon raids. Joie de vivre!

..."Man, look at that set of level 51 leather. You think it's 99%!?"...

ToA kicks in. Everyone selling their hard carved SI gear for some atlantis skinned ROG stuff. Clever people saving up for those artifacts and scrolls. Almost no PvP around. Just a big playground for the /level's.

..."WTS Dragon Shadow great Hammer!". "LOL no way dude. I'm interested in your shimmering fortifying coral runed mittens though"...

We got through the biggest rush. The everyday life is returning to normal. Or is it? Suddenly you find your ass kicked my a RR2 all-ToA'd Half-Ogre merc even though he only spammed one style. And what's this? An ickle little croc hits you for 900+ damage. Wtf?

..."Grr I got my ass kicked again! I'm so joining a guild, getting ToA and zerging them all!"...

Okay, we got to the present-day. Has anything changed? Not really? Non-ToA'd players are gimps, no matter what. Solo is utterly rare as most ToA abilities work best amongs others.

..."Level 50 RR10 Savage LFG!". "You got your ToA template yet?". "Uhhm no.". "What about ML's?". "Errr...". "We don't need you atm. Find a guild, complete ToA and try again.". "Bah, I'm going solo!". "Good Luck!".

Painlezz

Fledgling Freddie
I must say that was the best post I ever read. You hit the truth very precisely and you even made me laugh my ass off. You are describing a perfect picture of what I think many people are experiencing atm.

I had a period too where is was kinda getting tired of not being able to get any of all the fancy shit from TOA. Then suddenly my luck changed and now my main char has 7 artifacts and Im happy again.

I found my spot on camlann, and its as a stealther. I got tired of running around in a fg ganking people and then 10 minutes later we got ganked. Then we gank, then we get ganked etc etc. I find it hysterical amusing playing a stealther. I set my own adjenta and noone is stressing me with assists and blaming me for not healing fast enough. My recommendation to people who are frustrated - get a stealther and go slit some throats.

And if I suddenly feel the urge to play with a group - I just log one of my group-friendly chars ;)

Have a nice time on Camlann and you'll see me when I PA you ;)

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
no way painlezz screw artis, screw mls, screw toa! u dont NEED it, camlanns cool coz u can bind in aegir, so when u die ur only seconds away (bar imunity timer) from the battle, where else can you jump off aegir wall to smash a luri in the head before being shot by arrows from the archers you passed only seconds ago (ok so ive never seen it happen, but you COULD do that).

get 50, get SCed and get going, sure, get a few rogs, maybe a BoS, but i mean why do u NEED gsv? cant you live without malice axe? and those sharkskin gloves look stupid any way (would look cool if you had all armor designed like that pattern). but first, i need 2 get 50, then raise cash, get SCed and get going :D and pick a class 2 level, ive got it down 2 ranger and friar now, though pally is still a option :(

Bahumat

FH is my second home
good post ballad.

one thing you missed maybe its me but the increase in bug abusers and flmers has also increased.

The amount of bug abusers in aegir is becoming a hindrence. mainly casters and archers.

gothwaite no better with ppl on the houses.

domnaan gr8 place for stealthers but its leeching hell.

they need to bring 3 new areas to pk. its nice to run from prydwyn keep to cots and i would like maybe a cool town outrside aegir near where the 50's jump to buff. instead of porting to new areas you take a 4 minute run. more fun and more ppl then

Natswoo

Banned
2 things happened to 1v1... 1st French zerg hits all pk zones at once... in every place there is a mixed guild grp zerging. and 2 the people who used to solo have either quit due to zergs or have been banned for bug abuse (no names mentionned)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
or run a renegade solo adventure like skold....she is like the A-Team but no one hires her cause she kills em all :D

enkor

Can't get enough of FH
I meet about 5-6 other solo pvp'ers in a normal day. And about 30-40 duo+ :m00:

B

Ballad

enkor said:
I meet about 5-6 other solo pvp'ers in a normal day. And about 30-40 duo+ :m00:
5 - 6? Wow, that's a lot.

This is one of the reasons why solo PvP is so uncommon: No targets. Grouping is much more rewarding.

So how could this problem be solved? Some ideas:

- disable ToA or "nerf" it in a subtle way.

- remove the green con. 36 - 40 would con as grey to 50's.

- intoduce a refined version of the "honour system" that currently exists in WoW. Killing someone with superior force would be penalized in some way.

- more benefits. A 20% extra reward / every solo kill sounds fair.

People would still group but certainly solo more than before.

enkor

Can't get enough of FH
5/6 includes atleast a few people that own me 1vs1.

ofc i meet more people than that (i get more than 5k rps a day) but they are for the most part not out to try and pvp solo :eek:

Aithe

Fledgling Freddie
enkor said:
5/6 includes atleast a few people that own me 1vs1.

ofc i meet more people than that (i get more than 5k rps a day) but they are for the most part not out to try and pvp solo :eek:

I solo some times aswell, ToA in primetime and Goth at non-peek. I never have any trouble getting some RPs.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
it is good that you solo but you have the advantage that most casters with pets will lose due to mezz pet plus speed for travel etc.

and if you get atacked you can run off.

p.s. this is not a whine btw merely a sense of envy that a tin man running about getting kited by chanters kinda pisses me off lol

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
i really think he was talking to skold.

Aithe

Fledgling Freddie
he should have used a quote then, shouldn't he?

Aithe

Fledgling Freddie
it wouldn't have been that wierd for bahumat to think that SMs had speed ^^

Elekrep

Loyal Freddie
1 vs 1 -> get killed by leech, killing you both..
I get a decent 1vs1 fight about 3-5 times a day, usually some red stealther pops up, I dd dd mezz, sit a little, make a slit emote and whack him dead. Best solo places are near pk, allways someone running alone there. But one thing I don't get, is why tha hell does a full group of yellows/blues wanna chase me for 10 mins?Happened couple of times, one time I runned around planes got to campacorentin before they gave up.
But good 1vs1 would be so nice, just consumes a lot of time trying to find soloers, so rather go exp...

Aithe

Fledgling Freddie
you should have taken em as far as you could, and then let them kill you ^^
HF running back mejts :D

Elekrep

Loyal Freddie
Beh, Got a feeling that I won't get em, since fg of same levels (couple blues) will beat me quite fast..

enkor

Can't get enough of FH
speed is not as useful as you think

almost every duo has speed, and most pvp is by portals anyway...

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Aithe said:
it wouldn't have been that wierd for bahumat to think that SMs had speed ^^

soz was afk for ages. yeah pwnd imo i used my RA immediate response no one can evade or resist

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm.. I hang around magmell most of the day, and achieve 50k lrp+, most from me being solo. Only on the rare occasions do I get grps, besides then I don't need them.

Might be different for higher levels, but at 43 I get around 20+ kills a day 1vrs1, sometimes 1vrs2. Most of them are blue, so it doesn't count as much, but sometimes the nice yellow+ solo caster comes around (ie Eikoo the sorc) who are just yelling out FREE ARPEES.

Stealthers have no problems soloing though, besides higher level stealthers. Thats where high stealth is your friend. At this level with sc I can take down any caster (besides level 50 ones) solo if they have no pet, I can take any archer solo (if they are orange or below), and red ones with some luck (and strafe, flame me :(), and orange tanks below.

Think most of it is where I pvp. Since i pvp in magmell its not that zergy as coldswold and gothwaite etc so theres more soloers unaware that Cavel is there. Another reason why I might get so many solo kills is because I am patient. I sometimes spend around 5 hours a day in magmell waiting for that next orange caster, or searching around for an orange stealther I can pwn with me sc.

So not all 1vrs1 is gone. Maybe I've stolen them. But at least with a stealther you get aload more.

B

Ballad

Ame said:
Hmm.. I hang around magmell most of the day, and achieve 50k lrp+, most from me being solo. Only on the rare occasions do I get grps, besides then I don't need them.

Might be different for higher levels, but at 43 I get around 20+ kills a day 1vrs1, sometimes 1vrs2. Most of them are blue, so it doesn't count as much, but sometimes the nice yellow+ solo caster comes around (ie Eikoo the sorc) who are just yelling out FREE ARPEES.

Stealthers have no problems soloing though, besides higher level stealthers. Thats where high stealth is your friend. At this level with sc I can take down any caster (besides level 50 ones) solo if they have no pet, I can take any archer solo (if they are orange or below), and red ones with some luck (and strafe, flame me :(), and orange tanks below.

Think most of it is where I pvp. Since i pvp in magmell its not that zergy as coldswold and gothwaite etc so theres more soloers unaware that Cavel is there. Another reason why I might get so many solo kills is because I am patient. I sometimes spend around 5 hours a day in magmell waiting for that next orange caster, or searching around for an orange stealther I can pwn with me sc.

So not all 1vrs1 is gone. Maybe I've stolen them. But at least with a stealther you get aload more.
Stealthers don't count! :eek:

(...a dw infil or a nightshade.. hmm...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom