What you need to move to 0.0?

rynnor

Rockhound
The corp I'm in is a few months away but I'd like to make a checklist of what we need to have in terms of ships/items/skills etc.

We are currently assuming we will move to a sector with no current sovereignty rather than fighting for one if that makes a difference :)

Do we need to build an outpost to claim sovereignty or just a bunch of large POS?

How much stuff could we take with us? Is it possible to sneak ships through at the dead quiet time of day or must we gang up to fight a way thru?

Will we need a Jump freighter (i have a hankering to build one anyway but would delay us :)

How do those jump gates at POS work?

Help! :)

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Well, it depends on what you're going to 0.0 for really.

You could get an industrial to move down a small POS, or some anchored secure containers, and live out of those. You don't need sov to live in 0.0

I used to live in a system in Stain - ship had a cloak fitted and I used lasers, so no ammo usage. Anyone entered local, warp to a safe spot, cloak up.
You could do this in any system you could get an industrial to. Just remember - never fly without a scout.

I will say this though - living in 0.0 without carrier support is very hard unless you're in an alliance with enough clout to control the entry points.

If you want to try out 0.0 then Providence is good, especially if no one in your corp has much 0.0 experience. Plenty of smaller alliances living down there under the CVA / Paxton umbrella, so you're relatively safe to learnt he ropes. Empire is around the corner, so you set yourself a goal - survive for 2 weeks without going to empire. So anything you need, you buy and bring down. Then once you've done two weeks, you try for 3. Once you get to the point where you don't really need to go to empire unless it's to buy BPC's for ships, then you're ready for the big bad world.

Syndicate used to be a good entry point to 0.0 but I'd say it's probably one of the harder regions to move into, with all the entry ways being controlled by various factions with relatively large cap fleets compared to their actual size. I think the OSS alliance recently reformed, might be worth having a chat with them if you fancy it. 0.0 agents and decent ratting, just expect to hide when the big alliances come through looking for ganks.

Bear this in mind though - unless you're in an Alliance, and even then, you need to be tough. If people are gonna run back to empire for 2 weeks every time they loose a ship, then 0.0 is not for them.

Oh, and BPO's for ammo and drones come in veeeeeeeeeeeery handy.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
The move to 0.0 without alliance backing or friends will probably fail unless it is NPC regions or NRDS space (like Providence). Make sure you get friends in the area before you move in. Either by joining an alliance or cooperating with other corps.

Sovereignity doesn't matter. The larger alliances claim whole regions even though they don't have the resources to have sov in all. A Large POS is needed for sov, but you can't have corp sov. Have to be in an alliance. POS can be a safe spot otherwise.

Again, to have all the fluff like jump bridges and such you need sov3 and an alliance. If you want to do the move by yourself as corp you have to be tough as nails, if people can't stomach ship losses and such, don't even try.

rynnor

Rockhound
We are currently forming an alliance but I guess joining an established one is the way to go :)

My main reason to go there is to build cap ships (carrier fleet!) - we are just starting with our corp owned/manufactured fleet for pvp and given a few more months we should be fairly self sufficient.

I am a little worried that the corp I'm in may not be up to it tho :(

We have some decent guys with a few years experience but not really enough of them - better get recruiting!

If it looks like the corp is going nowhere I guess I'll have to jump ship :(

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Remember, that there's no such thing as bad experience in eve, unless you fail to learn from it.

My corp has tried to take 0.0 space on 2 seperate occasions while I've been in it (7 months).

First try was in Stain, taking on Insomnia alliance, who had booted my corp 2 weeks prior to me joining. Along with some other corps, we had them rolled. They couldn't do shit unless we allowed them to, but we couldn't take their pos network down due to only having 2-3 dreads and 3-4 carriers and maybe 30 combat pilots online, between 3 or 4 smaller corps.
Their logistics were better than ours due to controlling the factory station when we weren't around, meaning they had more ships to loose. Every time we losts a ship, we had to do 30 jumps through hostile space, get a carrier blob outside a station so we could do shopping in hostile stations, or get stuff shipped from empire.

Second try was in Syndicate - we we're gonna take over parts of western syndicate with some guys we knew. We had a mom, 3-4 dreads and 4-5 carriers, and maybe 25 combat pilots.
Jumped into FD- and got jumped by 80+ battleships and recons. Was jammed and dampened to hell, but we didn't loose any caps, just battleships.

They lost the mom later due to a trap, and so that fell flat on its own, despite offers to go live with another corp around the corner. They folded and some joined Tri, some joined Interdiction, some got lost in the void.

Basically, you need balls of steel and and an iron will to suceed.

If you want to build cap ships, and have the members able to get the materials and skills together, then consider applying for an alliance with Sov3 or 4. Most alliances LOVE industrial corps. When we joined IAC, we ended up in a dead station system with no industrial corp around. A 100% pvp outfit, we had to rely on carrier jumps from empire just like we had in Stain. That was one of the reasons we failed in Stain, and prolly one of the reason my corp ended up on the road to a slow death.

I will say this though - it's much more fun trying and failing than simply not having a go. I wouldn't consider myself an elite pvper, but I've had good and bad experience, and it's made me a better player overall. Go for it, and if it doesn't work, then it doesn't work, but at least you had some fun.

rynnor

Rockhound
Thanks for the replies :)

We arent a pure industrial corp - about 1/3rd industrial 2/3 security pilots.

I will definately head to 0.0 in the next few months - its hard to hold myself back really but I'll force myself to be fully prepared in terms of bpc's.

Whats the best ship for running through a bunch of gatecamps whilst carrying a ton of bpc's ? :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I will say this though - it's much more fun trying and failing than simply not having a go. I wouldn't consider myself an elite pvper, but I've had good and bad experience, and it's made me a better player overall. Go for it, and if it doesn't work, then it doesn't work, but at least you had some fun.

SilverHood-san speaks with great wisdom! :)

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah Silverhood is on the money. I have no desire to hold space or sit in 0.0 to be honest although I have seen people fail to do so in the past. If you look at it as a learning experience you cannot go wrong.

One thing though - the drone regions are virtually empty. Not considered as good as other location but not a bad place to start. We patrolled through there last week and found nothing within14 jumps of each other.

Nat

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Drone Regions are the ghetto of EVE, the slum where rodents squaller together..
Anyways, for moving valuable stuff the safest way is in a covert ops ship, if you know how to do it you have to be very unlucky or there has to be alot of fellas on the gate camp. Moving stuff into 0.0 in a hauler without backing will probably get you killed in most circumstances, unless chokepoints are controlled by blue guys.

Take the step into 0.0, everyone should try it out, participate in fleet fights or whatever, see if you like it

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Ugh, drone regions. Ideally you want regions with rats, since drone regions aren't good for much except uber cap ship production and carebearing. There seems to be some serious warfare going about too.

The second best way to move stuff in 0.0 in my opinion, is 2 executioners or equivalent fast frigates equipped with MWD's, a single WC stab and a nano. Goes 3-5km a second. Easily enough to get away from all but ceptors and nanoboats.

One scouts with an empty cargohold. The other has valueable items in the cargohold.
Cov ops are nice I guess. I have 15 mill SP and still can't fly one, so it's a fair chuck of time dedicated to it.

The best way is carrier jumps from low-sec to your base. Can fit a few smaller ships, loads of modules, maybe a battlecruiser or two as well. And there shouldn't be much risk since you scout out both locations before hand, and then it's just light cyno, jump, done deal. So cyno alts are nice. Spend the week or so it takes so that everyone has one, makes life so much easier if no one / few people have alts capable of being cyno slaves.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
At the moment carriers have limited use as jumping cargo haulers, but they can now carry max 2 BS in their hold which can help the corp starting out in 0.0. Especially remote regions where you can do 1 jump from low-sec. (like deep Fountain or Stain especially).

What you really need is NPC stations or a POS to safe up and regroup though. And POS + fuels needs to be hauled in.... :|

rynnor

Rockhound
Cov ops are nice I guess. I have 15 mill SP and still can't fly one, so it's a fair chuck of time dedicated to it.

Oddly I'm most of the way to Cov Ops without ever aiming for it - theres similarity between skills needed for shipbuilding/invention and cov ops and because I used to go scouting moons I already have Electronics V and cloaking - odd but handy :)

Are there no npc stations selling POS/POS trade goods like robotics in 0.0?

I did think of skipping in with my covert ops (when I get it) with a mining laser and a bunch of bpcs - mine ore build navitas, mine more ore - build retriever - mine even more ore - build hulk...

Self sufficiency sounds fun :)

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Nope, POS parts and NPC fuel is only seeded in empire. You can't get blueprints either.

rynnor

Rockhound
Yes I noticed no blueprints for POS and more importantly - trade goods!

Wow - that really makes a difference - it must be very difficult for alliances in the middle of nowhere - far from hi sec - to get the trade goods to fuel their POS?

How do they get around it?

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
about 16 jumps - jump freighters are going to be a tad expensive for a young corp me thinks!

rynnor

Rockhound
about 16 jumps - jump freighters are going to be a tad expensive for a young corp me thinks!

I presume they can only be made in 0.0 since they cant use normal gates?

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
they can be done from low sec to 0.0. You need a cynosural field generator thingy and a small ship like an inty or a covert ops. They need 500 liquid ozone per jump. Thats all I know.

Its all abit expensive and complex for me.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture

Atm I have a carrier and another backup carrier. This is very variable. Carrier has a certain range in light years they can jump. Which can be everything from 1 to 50. The way people get trade goods for POS (aka NPC fuel) is either by that, Rorqual, jump freighter or good old hauling with scout.

Capital warfare is the new cup of tea, so better get used to it right away

taB

Part of the furniture
Hmmm, I flew a battlecruiser once but went back to cruisers after that - I'm somewhat disadvantaged in that respect :)

Strange seeing as I'm in an alliance that is repeatedly accused of capital blobbing.. :)

rynnor

Rockhound
they can be done from low sec to 0.0. You need a cynosural field generator thingy and a small ship like an inty or a covert ops. They need 500 liquid ozone per jump. Thats all I know.

Its all abit expensive and complex for me.

I bought the skill - learned level 1 and stuck a cyno generator on a navitas (lol!) - you need 500 liquid oxygen - 10% per cyno skill level (so 450 at level 1).

I jumped to lowsec and let er rip - very pretty but cant warp for ages once you activate!

How can I work out distances in lightyears? I know the thanatos can jump 7.5ly for example but no idea how many jumps that is...

Oh and on carriers theres a ship maint volume (1 mill for thanatos) and another value thats 10k m3 - is the 10k the amount of cargo that can be carried by ships in the ship maint hold?

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Capital warfare is the new cup of tea, so better get used to it right away

reminds me of what people said when TOA was released!

to rynnor - I won't be able to help much LordJox will most likely be of more help.

Nat

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
I bought the skill - learned level 1 and stuck a cyno generator on a navitas (lol!) - you need 500 liquid oxygen - 10% per cyno skill level (so 450 at level 1).

I jumped to lowsec and let er rip - very pretty but cant warp for ages once you activate!

How can I work out distances in lightyears? I know the thanatos can jump 7.5ly for example but no idea how many jumps that is...

Oh and on carriers theres a ship maint volume (1 mill for thanatos) and another value thats 10k m3 - is the 10k the amount of cargo that can be carried by ships in the ship maint hold?

Use this tool to calculate jump distances. Ie you want to get from A to B, input start and end waypoints and calculate and it will tell you the most efficient route. Jumpplanner 2.2 - ICSC

A carrier has 10k m^3 corporate hangar. This is the same as the corporate hangar in a station with a corp office, same restrictions apply here but it's some extra space. This is not connected to the....
Ship maintenance bay, here you can put ASSEMBLED ships that are fitted, insured and even rigged with only charges in cargo hold (read: ammo).

Typically you carry extra fuel and useful stuffs in your corp hangar when on ops. You can hold about 22500 racial isotopes (jump fuel) in your normal cargo hold.

rynnor

Rockhound
Ship maintenance bay, here you can put ASSEMBLED ships that are fitted, insured and even rigged with only charges in cargo hold (read: ammo).

Thanks for that jump planning site link - looks just the job :)

So what your saying is I cant fill the carrier with iteron V's full of cargo right?

But I could fill it with iteron V's full of ammo then recycle them at the other end for minerals?

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
That is correct, if you had good 0.0 NPC standings you could actually get 100% return on it aswell. However mods would probably be easier, but last patch they introduced some nerfs to so-called mineral compression by making modules so the module takes less space than the minerals.

rynnor

Rockhound
That is correct, if you had good 0.0 NPC standings you could actually get 100% return on it aswell. However mods would probably be easier, but last patch they introduced some nerfs to so-called mineral compression by making modules so the module takes less space than the minerals.

Hmm the good thing about ammo is its highly compressed minerals - for 1m3 of small hybrid ammo I can extract over 250m3 of minerals - I could shove fitted out iteron Vs in the carrier and carry 10's of millions of m3 of minerals...

Dont tell ccp tho :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom