What you get for looting in Iraq.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
*waits for the idiots to pounce on the USA based on an out-of-context report*

Aada

Part of the furniture
When i did my last tour about 1.5 years ago my Regiment at least didn't do anything to Iraqis we just wanted to do our shit and go home.

But i can understand why some people do snap do things like this it's pretty hard being a soldier yet doing a policemans job and being constantly on the look out for roadside bombs was a nightmare.

We were following an American humvee once with around 5 US Marines inside we were around 20 meters behind and all of a sudden BOOM the car was blown to shit and the blokes along with it.

So i guess sometimes when your mate has died the day before you kinda put all the Iraqis into the same bin as the rest.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Aada said:
When i did my last tour about 1.5 years ago my Regiment at least didn't do anything to Iraqis we just wanted to do our shit and go home.

But i can understand why some people do snap do things like this it's pretty hard being a soldier yet doing a policemans job and being constantly on the look out for roadside bombs was a nightmare.

We were following an American humvee once with around 5 US Marines inside we were around 20 meters behind and all of a sudden BOOM the car was blown to shit and the blokes along with it.

So i guess sometimes when your mate has died the day before you kinda put all the Iraqis into the same bin as the rest.

The thing is though they are trained to protect civilians not terrorise them. I am not talking about the above video either, some of the photos showing naked guys piled on top of each other and stuff is just fucking sick.

If these tards were not in the army they would be out raping/murdering women and children because they are fucked in the head.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
A lot of that humilation stuff is normal procedure in war though. Would be a lot worse the other way around, thats for sure.

Calaen

They do themselves no favours though by doing this shit. They promote a we are going to get you attitude but when they get done people moan like fuck.

UrganNagru

Fledgling Freddie
Bit unfair comparing them measuring out some form of justice on street to instances like Abu Gahrib (sp? the jail with the dodgy human pyramids), we have no idea to the circumstances to what happened there. Its unlikely the troops just spotted a car carrying some wood and thought "I bet they're looted lets crush their car", more likely someone was complaining about someone knicking their wood complained to them to do something about it possibly even some civilian wanting to take the law into their hands, the troops may of been brassed of or bored at the same time snapped and thought fuck lets have some fun and deal with the situation at the same time, professional? Not entirely, To the point and cuts out a lot of fuss over a reletively small issue? yes.
Or yes they may of just been bastards we don't know.

Sorry just brasses me of when people complain about troops lashing out saying they're trained not to. Firstly never been in the forces, considered it but don't think I'm cut out for it so I don't know what its like, but I'd imagine your under alot of stress for large periods of time. Secondly they soldiers not police officers yet they're having to do policing actions so its not like they're primarily trained to deal with people and situations like that. Finally training isn't the end all and be all of everything, at the end of the day circumstances and the individual can be too much for anything training covers.

End of rant.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Calaen said:
The thing is though they are trained to protect civilians not terrorise them. I am not talking about the above video either, some of the photos showing naked guys piled on top of each other and stuff is just fucking sick.

If these tards were not in the army they would be out raping/murdering women and children because they are fucked in the head.

Lets keep the thread chilled! :D was more funny then anything else i thought lol.

Protect yes but to sort out petty squabbles day after day really tests your limit as a soldier.

But i do agree there are some sick fucks out there tbh really proper hard war junkies and i met a few which were pretty fucked up.

The UK has had some bad rep but not as much as the US.

Anyone watch my video? was awsome in Afghan am probably rejoining this year as i'm missing the action, mates, the laughs! and sitting in an office all day which i thought would be great is turning out to be real boring!

Calaen

UrganNagru said:
Bit unfair comparing them measuring out some form of justice on street to instances like Abu Gahrib (sp? the jail with the dodgy human pyramids), we have no idea to the circumstances to what happened there. Its unlikely the troops just spotted a car carrying some wood and thought "I bet they're looted lets crush their car", more likely someone was complaining about someone knicking their wood complained to them to do something about it possibly even some civilian wanting to take the law into their hands, the troops may of been brassed of or bored at the same time snapped and thought fuck lets have some fun and deal with the situation at the same time, professional? Not entirely, To the point and cuts out a lot of fuss over a reletively small issue? yes.
Or yes they may of just been bastards we don't know.

Sorry just brasses me of when people complain about troops lashing out saying they're trained not to. Firstly never been in the forces, considered it but don't think I'm cut out for it so I don't know what its like, but I'd imagine your under alot of stress for large periods of time. Secondly they soldiers not police officers yet they're having to do policing actions so its not like they're primarily trained to deal with people and situations like that. Finally training isn't the end all and be all of everything, at the end of the day circumstances and the individual can be too much for anything training covers.

End of rant.

If you actually read my post I didnt make my comments based on this instance, because as Tom says its hardly an official report. The are put through stressful training to toughen them mentaly for the aspects of warfare. So they should be above this.

Calaen

Aada said:
Protect yes but to sort out petty squabbles day after day really tests your limit as a soldier.

But i do agree there are some sick fucks out there tbh really proper hard war junkies and i met a few which were pretty fucked up.

The UK has had some bad rep but not as much as the US.

Anyone watch my video? was awsome in Afghan am probably rejoining this year as i'm missing the action, mates, the laughs! and sitting in an office all day which i thought would be great is turning out to be real boring!

Yeah Aada its those that cause the problem for the guys just out doing there job, but its always the nice guys that get blown up never the morons doing this shit.

Aada

Part of the furniture
throdgrain said:
Sherwood Foresters? My grandad was in them in WW2 :)

Yes throd Sherwood Foresters although i was in the Royal Green Jackets too but i requested a transfer to the Foresters because the base is closer to my home when i was in the UK.

I left after my 2nd tour in Iraq but my mates are always sending me videos of what they are up to via internet so thinking about going back!

I'm not evil or anything but when a Harrier roars over head and drops a 2000lbs bomb on a Terry (taleban) base your shooting is is pretty awsome looking and sometimes you do cheer and get a bit excited.

The yanks are crazy though they really enjoy it when they take someone out they start dancing and stuff.

They are pretty cool though once you get talking to them and you always get jealous of their gear its just so much better :(

Aada

Part of the furniture
btw in the video im the guy driving you first see as we coming into that town. no hands driving while i jiggy my fingers at the cam!

UrganNagru

Fledgling Freddie

Aye watched it, looked pretty good fun, and some incredible landscapes/places. Makes me think of joining, but from speaking to a mate who's been on a tour with the marines who said he couldn't stand it, as its was some great laughs which were out numbered by days of sitting around doing bugger all. Would like to give it a try at the least but my fitness ain't up to scratch and although I'm not keen on the apprenticeship I'm on it seems the be to good an oppturunity to fook up on a job which I may not enjoy anyway.

Aada

Part of the furniture
UrganNagru said:
Aye watched it, looked pretty good fun, and some incredible landscapes/places. Makes me think of joining, but from speaking to a mate who's been on a tour with the marines who said he couldn't stand it, as its was some great laughs which were out numbered by days of sitting around doing bugger all. Would like to give it a try at the least but my fitness ain't up to scratch and although I'm not keen on the apprenticeship I'm on it seems the be to good an oppturunity to fook up on a job which I may not enjoy anyway.

Quite true which is why a lot of people leave most of the time you are sat around doing nothing but at least you get paid for it.

I've been out now for a while and i just can't settle in a job they get boring fast.

Not many people are fit when they join but you get trained for that it's hard if you aint fit but they will get you through as long as you give your best.

I was in the infantry because i wanted to fight tbh :p but there is 100s of jobs you can do.

Some good aspects though if you are in the UK you will spend most of it at home! the most i had was 5 months at home getting paid! you had to go back for the odd day and keep fit because if you didn't you'd be fucked when u get back but that was it! getting paid for doing sweet FA, see the world , meet some finnnnnnnnnnnnnnne women and best of all mates for life!

UrganNagru

Fledgling Freddie
Aye though the more technical jobs offer better opurtunities when you get out, I can't imagine them giving you the same buzz as infantry :p When I was considering joining was working towards the training plan the paras (yes I know high hopes for someone on an internet forum, but been parachuting a couple of times and liked the idea of getting paid for it:p ) have their website in the hope that I could get up to standard but then had an accident n broke my arm and training went to shite, will hopefully get back into it when its healed n the weather picks up.

Aada

Part of the furniture
UrganNagru said:
Aye though the more technical jobs offer better opurtunities when you get out, I can't imagine them giving you the same buzz as infantry :p When I was considering joining was working towards the training plan the paras (yes I know high hopes for someone on an internet forum, but been parachuting a couple of times and liked the idea of getting paid for it:p ) have their website in the hope that I could get up to standard but then had an accident n broke my arm and training went to shite, will hopefully get back into it when its healed n the weather picks up.

True but when you are back in the UK you can do all kinds of courses like plumbing, electrician etc it's not just open to the engineers etc.

Oh the infantry is fantastic a total rush at times when your in the thick of it shitting your pants.

Btw para's rarely jump out of planes nowa days! so i wouldn't bother with it unless you want the red beret which says your hard as fuck!

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
Aada said:
They are pretty cool though once you get talking to them and you always get jealous of their gear its just so much better :(

so fucking sad, yet i still laughed :(

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Tom said:
*waits for the idiots to pounce on the USA based on an out-of-context report*

It still seems though that it's like taking a broad sword to swat a fly when something like this pops up.

Although the evidence seems circumstantial, I don't see why they should just go and crush the car then bugger off, doesn't that seem the slightest bit unfair?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
If some pikey robbed some tools from my back yard, the police caught them, and offered to crush their caravan, what do you think I'd say?

Calaen

Tom said:
If some pikey robbed some tools from my back yard, the police caught them, and offered to crush their caravan, what do you think I'd say?

Cannot even compare to what you have just said to what happened, whether we like it or not the soldiers across there are meant to be protecting civilians from the maniacs, not turning the civilians against them as well.

Its not a great world we live in, I remember the floods in America showing the looting for food and essentials, I do not recall any tanks driving over peoples property because they stole some bread to survive.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Plus, justice and revenge are two different things and should remain so.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
I thought the looters were just getting some wood, maybe for a fire to cook food on or maybe to keep warm, keep their children warm. Try and stop me getting wood (f'nar) to keep my son warm. Seemed a little harsh.

Then theres the stuff Aada says, I don't think I have ever agreed with anything Aada has ever said but its funny how you see people in a different light after just one thread :D, you come across as a decent bloke Aada.

ZiggY

One of Freddy's beloved
I guess those soldiers will be on ogrish 1 day!!

Aada

Part of the furniture
Trem said:
I thought the looters were just getting some wood, maybe for a fire to cook food on or maybe to keep warm, keep their children warm. Try and stop me getting wood (f'nar) to keep my son warm. Seemed a little harsh.

Then theres the stuff Aada says, I don't think I have ever agreed with anything Aada has ever said but its funny how you see people in a different light after just one thread :D, you come across as a decent bloke Aada.

I am, but just an arse most of the time but i am trying to mend my ways.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
I just liked the car being crushed... Nothing else to say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom