What would you think about this?

Varmuus

One of Freddy's beloved
Hi!

I just had a sudden brainstorm again and started one alt as from new players aspect (not using /level 20). Because I saw there actually are some newbies playing this game, I was wondering if we, old veterans, would like to make new characters to go and help out the newbies running around. The more, the merrier. The idea would be that no PL sessions, but to actually give a hand for the new players, playing with them, giving advices, etc...

If this would happen with lots of people joining in, we would have nice action in lowbie zones, making them more active again and making it worth for new players to join in and start the game. This ofc needs some time invested in and would mean that we prolly should reroll time after time to keep it up, but would that be too much of an effort for us?

I sure will be there, trying to resuscitate the beginner's area of the game to make it more welcoming experience.

Tell me what you think.

Luz

Fledgling Freddie
sorry, I tried to tag along on stuff like this before.

fact is for me personally I cant invest more time and effort to this game as it is. If they cant get of their asses (mythic) and make the game get new players and grow, or even survive. I am sure as hell not gonna do it for them.

Also, what we need is for people to get organized and run groups in RvR instead of breeding more zergers :p

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Rolled a bard myself, level 9 now. Waiting to get the 15 hours played for /advice. That said i don't play it regularly atm -.-

Varmuus

One of Freddy's beloved
Luz said:
fact is for me personally I cant invest more time and effort to this game as it is.

...I am sure as hell not gonna do it for them.

Yeah, I know it's tough to choose to play something else than those you already have RvR ready. It's hard for me too, I'd love to have my pri char up and running more efficiently, prolly I really should just concentrate on it, but it's fun to do something different for a while.

Besides, it's not doing favor just for GOA, it's for greater cause - survival. Why wouldn't we help it, if we have even a slighest chance?

Luz said:
Also, what we need is for people to get organized and run groups in RvR instead of breeding more zergers :p

I hope there's some sarcasm in your words...

But isn't it true that in the hands of the youngsters our future is? So insteadof breeding zerglings, let's manufacture heroic group players! :D

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
I think it would have been worthwhile a year ago but at this stage would probably be a bit of a lost cause . Not that many new players coming along stream and to new players looking at online games who havent experienced proper camelot rvr, wow looks far more appealing. When everyone starts a game for the first time , they always want to roleplay. No one started daoc wanting to be the roxstars , they wanted to run around killing beetles for Lobais and crew.

Think you should try it if you want to , if not , save the idea and use it 1 year into the release of warhammer :p

Fanguir

Fledgling Freddie
Varmuus said:
Hi!

I just had a sudden brainstorm again and started one alt as from new players aspect (not using /level 20). Because I saw there actually are some newbies playing this game, I was wondering if we, old veterans, would like to make new characters to go and help out the newbies running around. The more, the merrier. The idea would be that no PL sessions, but to actually give a hand for the new players, playing with them, giving advices, etc...

If this would happen with lots of people joining in, we would have nice action in lowbie zones, making them more active again and making it worth for new players to join in and start the game. This ofc needs some time invested in and would mean that we prolly should reroll time after time to keep it up, but would that be too much of an effort for us?

I sure will be there, trying to resuscitate the beginner's area of the game to make it more welcoming experience.

Tell me what you think.
Good Idea very good indeed :)

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Been there and tried it, if I thought there where enough people that could benefit then I would try it some more. However the conversation usualy goes like this:-

me: Hey fella, I see you rolled a nightshade.
ns : Yeah wanna help me exp? Im new here.
me: Sure I know a few spots.. Hmm what class should I bring to help I wonder.. maybe a bard that might go well with your nightshade.
ns: Have you got a fop bot, I got 2 annimists on the other accounts.
me: <sigh>

I just dont think there are enough new players any more. Everyone is either from another server or is a mate of someone who rvrs and just wants to get pl to 50 asap. But hell gimme a PM if you find some real newbies in need of roleplaying :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom