What would you say or do if you saw nothing in this thread when you entered?

B

Belsameth

I'd jump on the newly created bandwagon

O

old.Tohtori

And every post is totally on-off-topic.

O

old.Tohtori

I think this is the most pointless thread i ever made.

O

old.LandShark

I'd post a long, detailed and well-researched treatise on ecclesiastical methods in the early....nah, fuck it actually.

O

old.Tohtori

This is getting along well, and no flames either. Civil. I like this.

O

old.Gombur Glodson

Damini lock this shit, its getting silly now.

O

old.job

A biology graduate student went to Borneo to take some samples for his thesis work. He flew there, found a guide with a canoe to take him up the river to the remote site he where he would make his collections.
About noon on the second day of travel up the river they began to hear drums. Being a city boy by nature, the biologist was disturbed by this.
He asked the guide, "What are those drums?"
The guide turned to him and said,
"Drums OK, but VERY BAD when they stop."
Well the biologist settled down a little at this, and things went reasonably well for about two weeks.
Then, just as they were packing up the camp to leave, the drums suddenly stopped!
This hit the biologist like a ton of bricks, and he yelled at the guide,
"The Drums have stopped, What happens now?"
The guide crouched down, covered his head with his hands and said:
"Guitar Solo"

D

danskmacabre

What a good idea,
Make it into a joke thread...

And now, for one of my more crap jokes...

My first job was working in an orange juice factory.
But I couldn't concentrate, so I got canned.

Then I got work as a tailor, but it was just a sew-sew job, and I wasn't suited for it.

Then I tried to be a chef. Figured it would add a little spice to my life, but I just didn't have the thyme.

Next I worked for a pool maintenance company. It went swimmingly for a while, but eventually it got to be draining.

My last job was in a grocery store, but I didn't put much stock into it, and ended up getting sacked.................

O

old.Gombur Glodson

Why did the Boreal Cockatrice cross the road??

Some Mids pulled it.

O

old.Tohtori

Do what you wish with the board.

Anybody got the point of it though? It wasn't pointless as i said earlier. Before you close this thread for period i hope someone gets what i was aiming at.

Now i think i'll go shoot myself....

B

Belsameth

Originally posted by old.Gombur Glodson
Please do

dammit. get your old avatar back if you're behaving like that ;)

*burns Gombears stuffing*

oh, and before I forget

T

Tenko

A black hole speeding through our Galaxy at about 400,000 kilometres per hour has been caught by the Hubble space telescope. The finding is great news for astronomers because it provides unique and compelling evidence that black holes really do form in supernova explosions, as theory predicts.

"The black hole must have been shot out of a supernova by the force of the explosion," says Roberto Mignani of the European Southern Observatory in Garching, Germany, one of the scientists who made the discovery.

Massive stars explode as supernovae at the end of their lives, leaving collapsed cores from which astronomers believe black holes can form. Theory says the gravity of black holes is so strong that nothing - not even light - can escape from their grip, so they are completely invisible. But astronomers have spotted about 10 possible black holes in the Milky Way because of their gravitational influence on nearby stars, dust and gas.

For instance, the Hubble telescope has seen one elderly star in the constellation Scorpius whirling round a dark object every two and a half days. Astronomers think the bright star, which lies about 6000 light years from Earth, is hostage to a black hole about five times as massive as the Sun.

On the run

Now a team led by Félix Mirabel of the French Atomic Energy Commission and the Institute for Astronomy and Space Physics of Argentina has used Hubble's sharp eyes to track the hostage star as the black hole drags it around.

They found that between 1996 and 2001, the pair moved about 70 millionths of a degree across the sky. This means they must be racing across the Galaxy at approximately 400,000 kilometres per hour - four times faster than the general drift of stars in their neighbourhood.

Only a violent birth in a supernova explosion could have made the black hole move so fast, the team concludes.

They hope to find more black holes on the run now that the European Space Agency has launched Integral, a gamma-ray satellite that will spy on hot material falling into these dark dungeons.

O

old.Xarr

Tenko's post about the black star and black hole got me in that mood.. sowwy! :)

B

Belsameth

all these dots do kinda remind of a black hole.
so does OT tho :D

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Quantum foam = OT.

... discuss.

*runs off*

B

Belsameth

no, it isn't
tho it could be in this case, seeing how this topic revolves around dots

O

old.Xarr

I saw cube² tonight.. it had the word 'quantum' in it alot. Fascinating. It must be the power of the dot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom