What would you have done?

Bolo

Fledgling Freddie
Okay. Last night, I took my 3-char train to Raumarik (Warr - Sham - Zerk) with hopes of getting my zerk a quick level, and maybe even get a BOI to drop, by killing wraiths.

I get to the wraith spot (near the entrance) and 2 people were already there, healer and an SM. I thought to myself, "damn, its camped; fuckit Ill just go do bears and winter wolves then....". So I head in the direction of the bear camp.

A wraith was in my way so I slammed it. Then I started to workin to kill it. Towards the end part of the fight, the fucking SM starts nuking my mob.

After the mob dies. The SM comes right up to me and starts telling me that "they were here first, blah blah blah...."

Okay I lost it. I sent him a smatterring of rather distasteful PMs describing how I felt about his actions; From all 3 of my chars just so I could get around any /ignore 's, and just so I could express my feelings.

I never got a reply, maybe he just didnt know how to use /r. Whatever.

Okay so when he started pulling, I became a spiteful little bitch and killed his mob, like he did mine.

What would you have done?

1) Walk away
2) Use the shammy to dot/bolt any mob he pulled
3) Use the Warr to kill the mob
4) Buff the mobs (can you do that?) with shammy
5) Call his mommy

Input

Coolan

One of Freddy's beloved
i would have got a ss of him attacking ur mob told him why u killed it and if he then carried on attacking ur mobs, i would have reported him.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
i would have said please dont do that again

if he did it again i would have asked him why

if he replied with the "we were here first" thing well then i might consider telling him i pay as much for the game as he does and since you were leaving anyway he should have just let it drop

Svendoc

One of Freddy's beloved
Would have explained I prefer to kill a mob in my way than be killed by it. as i was moving onto bears if he did not apologise for jumping to the wrong conclusion, then I might have dot leached every pull he made until i felt my point was made.

alternatively phone his mum, and tell her he wasnt doing his homework :fluffle:

Skrad

Fledgling Freddie
I'd of explained that I WAS on my way through and was just clearing a single mob to get past, but thanks to his attitude, I would be hanging around a while longer. If he really really pissed me off I'd invite a few friends over for a sandwich and cup of hot soup in wraithsville :)

Ucallme

Banned
Me personally, I would of said what needed to be said and then walked away. I wouldn't of attacked his mob because thats just lowering yourself to his standard.

1) taken Screenies
2) talked to his GM
3) forgot about it and enjoyed the game

But thats me. Takes alot to get me mad :)

The problem with midgard these days people dont give a shit about others apart from theme selves. Mind you though theres alot of nice people.

btw skrad your a nice bloke :)

Ucallme

Bob007

Prince Among Men
I would of turned my train around and carried on to were i was going, Replying to tards like that is beneath me.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Walk away, most of the time, its not worth the time dealing with these immature kids/adults.

Cozak

Part of the furniture
Hargh said:
Tell him it was looking at you in a funny way.

lol :clap:

Agree UC, anyhow best way is to walk away imo, even though my temper is about -- that short and walking away is something i rarely do :p still the best option.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
[Retired]

oh no youre not, especially after getting that SB to 50! :twak:

oh and btw if he was nuking your mob it was probably a dark sm? maybe should give him a break then? :fluffle:

Makwaerk

Fledgling Freddie
tell him I was moving to other spot and mob was in my way, and that he should just stfu if he was not say he was sorry for jumping to conclusions, then I would carry on to where ever I was going.

(starting to kill his mob and trying to bypass /ignore is a really bad idear, you are only giving him ammo to getting you banned)

remi

Fledgling Freddie
soo many saying report too GOA etc....wtf?

its a mob. he is an arse, do /ignore and leave it at that?

Coolan

One of Freddy's beloved
remi said:
soo many saying report too GOA etc....wtf?

all the ones saying report are the old/older players from mid who acctually respect there fellow realmmates and just wanted all the idiots /bought acc noobs banned, so we can get back to the good days

Skrad

Fledgling Freddie
Coolan said:
all the ones saying report are the old/older players from mid who acctually respect there fellow realmmates and just wanted all the idiots /bought acc noobs banned, so we can get back to the good days

Yep, it seems a great shame that during my 6 months absence, that dreaded disease known as the Malmo Head Fuck Syndrome has spread almost throughout the whole realm.

As in real life, life in DAoC is a lot easier for all (and much more fun too!!) if people show each other a bit of respect and tolerance.

Haki

Fledgling Freddie
I think you did the right thing.

But if i was you then i would use the Warrior to kill all their mobs! :twak:

Bolo

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for all the responses. I maybe should have not sunk to his level and killed his mob. I maybe should have had more restraint and choice about the words used in PM's to him (her? might have been that time... NM). Maybe I should have just walked away. But I did what i did, and he did what he did.

There was definately a lack of respect on both parties. I just have to say that the attitudes in the game has really changed. Its certainly not as fun as it used to be. RvR in my opinion has become a joke. PvE has an underlying pressure (more so than before) to hit 50 at_all_costs. Bottom line, I think I may have "lost that lovin' feelin'" for DAoC.

Ciao Middies, thanks for the responses

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom