What would you do...

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Tbh maybe he was buying a house or w/e , but anyone that careless with that much money doesn't need it as badly as i do atm :D

On pure impulse , id have taken it no doubt . Sad thing is i'd prolly be too distracted thinking about bills to even notice it lying there , typical eh :(

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Return it to the popo.

Because i know that if i took it, especially in the UK with the CCTV coverage, that it'd be a good chance that i'd be found.

That, atleast i think, is a rather nasty theft charge waiting to happen.

Not to mention there could be a nice finders fee.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I would have kept it. Nobody who cares about their money just loses it in that manner, or walks around with that sort of money in cash and they certainly don't just leave it on the top of their car.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
i would have handed it in, i dont think i could have kept it (i once found a wallet with £300 in it, i handed it in and the dude gave me a £50 finders fee, so i got monies, and i felt good, andi was only 12 at the time so £50 was a lot of money!) but it seems very suspicious, why on earth did he have £80,000 in cash, in a bag? makes no sense, i suspect something dubious!

i mean if he was buying a house... i dont know many estate agents or banks who would accept £80,000 in cash, unless it was pre-arranged i guess.

Marc

FH is my second home
The money was the guys life savings. He didnt trust banks and had been saving for 40 years, taking his savings to and from work everyday. Therefore, a huge portion of it would have been worthless considering the amount of old bank notes it would have contained.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well, if it was stolen, would be rather silly to phone the police about it :p

"Police? Ah yes. I'm terribly sorry to bother you, but you see me and my friends just robbed a bank. Yes, quite a large sum, 80 thousand in fact. But here's the thing, Steve in his haste left the bag on the roof of our car as we made our getaway. Myes, quite ghastly i know. If you wouldn't mind, could you take a looksy and see if you could find the bag. Cheerio!"

Don't know why i made the bankrobber sound proper english, but hey :p

Ormorof

FH is my second home
it really wouldnt suprise me to be honest, would make for a great failblog story i guess

xomer

Can't get enough of FH
Search of the real owner of the money.

If the owner is a faking bastard mafia thief, then ill give all the money to a charity.

If the owner was a really good guy, then ofc ill return the money to him and i'll be so proud of that.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Well, if it was stolen, would be rather silly to phone the police about it :p

"Police? Ah yes. I'm terribly sorry to bother you, but you see me and my friends just robbed a bank. Yes, quite a large sum, 80 thousand in fact. But here's the thing, Steve in his haste left the bag on the roof of our car as we made our getaway. Myes, quite ghastly i know. If you wouldn't mind, could you take a looksy and see if you could find the bag. Cheerio!"

Don't know why i made the bankrobber sound proper english, but hey :p

Insurance job.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Tempting as it is, my gut feeling would be to hand it back to the police if I found it. Its only £80K. Its not THAT massive amount of money. Its definitely not a life-changing amount for me (not even a years salary), and its certainly not worth going to prison for. As Toto says, there is so much CCTV in the UK, and today's forensics can pick your DNA off things you wouldn't even think of.

xomer

Can't get enough of FH
Tempting as it is, my gut feeling would be to hand it back to the police if I found it. Its only £80K. Its not THAT massive amount of money. Its definitely not a life-changing amount for me (not even a years).

you rich :|

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Tempting as it is, my gut feeling would be to hand it back to the police if I found it. Its only £80K. Its not THAT massive amount of money. Its definitely not a life-changing amount for me (not even a years salary),

You make 80k+ a year? :eek7:

Ezteq

Queen of OT
I would try not to drown him in my tears as I sobbed while handing it back to him :(

hehe I once chased an old guy down the road for about 3 mins waving and calling out because he had most of his coat shit outside the car door, he was very nice and offered me a lift but I declined.

true story.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
It's hardly that uncommon, the average wage in the UK is £20k, the average in London is higher.

I'd say there are a fair few on this forum on over 100k a year.

Lamp's a professional iirc, so his earnings will be high.

xomer

Can't get enough of FH
In Greece the average is 12k euros (note: euros not £)

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Lamp's a professional iirc, so his earnings will be high.

Aye. Worked my way up from earning £5 or £6/hour sticking share certificates in envelopes as a temp at Natwest Stockbrokers (that shows you how long ago it was, lol) to being a director in an investment bank

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Xomer, Toht; please also consider that with more earnings comes higher spending. I'd bet Lamp's lifestyle is in line with his earnings, and he probably doesn't have asmuch money floating around as you think.

Higher earnings = bigger house, bigger mortgage, higher council tax, higher bills for household stuff.

You'll buy better quality, which costs more.

You get taxed more.

You'll drive a more expensive (to buy and run) car than you would otherwise.

etc, etc. - Not to mention the huge cost if he has kids.

If you think that's probably not the case for Lamp, then just look at his postcode ;p

xomer

Can't get enough of FH
dude i saw you in a thread speaking greeks..Are you from Greece?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Aye. Worked my way up from earning £5 or £6/hour sticking share certificates in envelopes as a temp at Natwest Stockbrokers (that shows you how long ago it was, lol) to being a director in an investment bank

Ah ok, that position would explain it :p

Ch3t; Not necessarily though. I was just curious since it never came up.

I personally made 40k/year(euro) doing sh*t all at a game company, so i'm not surprised at the money, just that Lamp is making it ;)

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Ch3tan's spot on. Yes, I earn a lot, but having a house in Holland Park doesn't come cheap. You live according to your means & its relative. Sure, if we lived in Leyton or Walthamstow or Harlesden we'd have a lot more disposable income, but choose not to live there.

xomer

Can't get enough of FH
Xomer, Toht; please also consider that with more earnings comes higher spending. I'd bet Lamp's lifestyle is in line with his earnings, and he probably doesn't have asmuch money floating around as you think.

Higher earnings = bigger house, bigger mortgage, higher council tax, higher bills for household stuff.

You'll buy better quality, which costs more.

You get taxed more.

You'll drive a more expensive (to buy and run) car than you would otherwise.

etc, etc. - Not to mention the huge cost if he has kids.

If you think that's probably not the case for Lamp, then just look at his postcode ;p

agree with you but plz consider,

More money = more relax, less stress to control a situation

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
You don't even pay for a daoc account you play on a freeshard!

gf lives in Ealing, £600p/m just for a room o_O

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
More money = more relax, less stress to control a situation

That's the biggest misconception ever. Life is not magically stressfree with money, unless you have an obscene amount of it. And by obscene I mean millions.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
That's the biggest misconception ever. Life is not magically stressfree with money, unless you have an obscene amount of it. And by obscene I mean millions.

That depends on the person though.

Stress comes from a lot of sources(many that aren't money related), but making something like 50k/year will give a lot of freedom.

You only spend more(in food/living/etc) if you change your lifestyle to such. If you keep your living/food at a 20k/year style, you'll have a lot more to blow away ofc.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
hmmm but i would assume that just because you earn more doesnt make you more likely to be carrying around that amount of cash? unless you are abramovich style rich?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
The money was the guys life savings. He didnt trust banks and had been saving for 40 years, taking his savings to and from work everyday. Therefore, a huge portion of it would have been worthless considering the amount of old bank notes it would have contained.

hmmm but i would assume that just because you earn more doesnt make you more likely to be carrying around that amount of cash? unless you are abramovich style rich?

Marc's already explained this, but he's been ignored :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom