What would you do?

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Say the cure for all disease, in fact the cure for death itself, was discovered tomorrow. Its a treatment that, as long as you renew it every couple of years, you cannot die by natural causes, and will be maintained at the biological age where you started to take the treament. It has no known ill effects.

The company that created it makes the treatment extremly costly. Only the wealthy has the means to pay for it. They can now live forever, or until they die from an accident/murder etc.

How would you react to these news? How do you think the world at large would react?

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Isn´t it already a bit like that?
Top notch medical care and treatment is extremly expensive and only the rich people can afford to get it (thereby prolonging their lifes), while the poor will only get some basic treatment and - as a result - die earlier.
Your scenario just takes this to the extremes. I think in that case, we would see some sort of revolution and I can´t see a reason why I wouldn´t support that.

Serbitar

Fledgling Freddie
when you say the company that produces it makes it extremely costly, is this because:

a) the materials needed to make the cure, and the process required to make it is a very long and expensive process and the final cost has only a small profit margin

or

b) the company are money grabbing bastards like every other pharmaceutical company on the face of the planet and have a stupidly high profit margin in comparison to small production costs

if a then the price is justified and therefore there should be no comeback, as the process is refined then the price will drop making it more available for the general public

if b then they'll be first against the wall when the revolution comes. instead if the syrius cybernetics marketing department as is commonly believed at the minute

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
i think all hell would break loose. if people were not dieing naturally im sure nature would come up with some un natural way, i.e. all other humans go on a killing spree.

everyone has to die, and when you fuck with nature she is gonna shit all over you :p

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
I really dont think i would wanna live forever but thats maybe just me because then you will never experiance what happens after your dead :)

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
I wouldn't do anything. I think fate etc. would act in its own way.

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
i really wouldnt do anything. id probably take a nap :)

Maff

Fledgling Freddie
I give it a week or 2 then look on ebay for one,
you find all sorts on there :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom