What would you do?

O

old.Tohtori

Imagine this.

After an epic battle between every realm against an evil of unspeakable power that would alst for hours and hours and finally, after all was done...

Total and utter reset of the server.

Every char gone, everyone starting at level 1.

What would your initial reaction be?

Would you quit in a heartbeat?

Would you think of it as a ..purifying event?

Would you shoot your mothers poodle?

Would you kick your sister and use her as a powerleveling tool to gain a level 50 once more?

T

Tilda

purifying event and then i'd start leveling again.

imo the problem with levleing atm is that its hard to get a group at all because everybody knows someone who has a levle 50 and can PL themselves to 50 etc.

tbh if im in a decent group at a decent spawn levling can be quite fun. its when you keep getting shitty groups that just keep making you die, thats when you hate levleing.

Tilda

S

szerena

Don't have much too lose yet.. but If I had a lot of lvl 50 char, well... I would cry, gather a meeting for lost daoc souls, spamm GOA and Mythic with hate mails, perhaps maybe throw the keyboard into the wall, but that is so unessecary.. I need that for other stuff. Well after that I think would start all over again *undecided*

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Be very happy. I would also laugh in the faces of everyone who went out and bought a level 50 account from someone on Ebay. Laugh till my sides ached and blood poured from my eyes.

S

szerena

Wow, are there really people who buy accounts that has already been used and still have lvl 50 char in it?? What's the point?

Sorry got a bit off topic there..

R

Roo Stercogburn

In all honesty I'd quit and I think most people who have taken 1 or more chars to level 50 would be exactly the same.

I think you'd see a massive sense of humour failure on all 3 realms.

F

Flimgoblin

I'd be pretty miffed :) don't fancy doing the same things again for a year to level to 50 - it was fun the first time.. not the same the second time around.

O

oblivion_6

ide quite happily start again tbh

it would make the game more fun if no one was l33t and we could all start from scratch

the joy of hittin 50 the thrill of being the best and things would be closer to many

K

klavrynd

sit in a corner and cry

then beat up some toddlers since you can't gank greycons

T

The Real Redi

Originally posted by klavrynd
then beat up some toddlers since you can't gank greycons

Sorry to go off topic - i'd be miffed, but i've STILL not got 50 yet, so - but, Klav, you're hitting on something that i've thought would be awesome for years...

Imagine you had a Holo-deck, like in Star Trek and could run through any program/situation you'd like. Now imagine standing in Trafalger Square, surrounded by 50 8 year olds, all intent on killing you, and you are un armed. What an amazing fight! :lol:

Seriously, imagine that - 50 8 year olds hurling themselves at you, trying to claw your eyes out - you grab one by the feet, and start swinging him like a club, picking them up by the head and slinging them over the others...

rar, that'd be madness...

probably a good way to vent steam, after finding you've lost your main, too ;)

T

Trahg

As long as everybody get whiped out from the server, i would start over. The main reason why lvling to 50 is a pain, is because there are too few groups/ppl powerlevel their chars with second accounts which means much soloing. It would also be an opportunity to get to know more people. The thing i would enjoy most is probably the thing about buyed accounts.

Go ahead GOA! :p

K

Kharok Svark

Originally posted by The Real Redi
Imagine you had a Holo-deck, like in Star Trek and could run through any program/situation you'd like. Now imagine standing in Trafalger Square, surrounded by 50 8 year olds, all intent on killing you, and you are un armed. What an amazing fight! :lol:

Seriously, imagine that - 50 8 year olds hurling themselves at you, trying to claw your eyes out - you grab one by the feet, and start swinging him like a club, picking them up by the head and slinging them over the others...

I think medication should be available ...

E

Esoteric

One word "Planetside" instant rvr action as fast as the women at your local nightclub.

Once sub runs out thinking of giving it a bash anyway.

M

mid_Efour

i would see whats outside my front door these days.
I heard they made flying machines and horseless caridges

A

Aule Valar

i'd quit immediatly, probably go play planetside

K

Kagato.

I'd scream, i'd yell, i'd throw various parts of my computer at the wall.... Then i'd have a cup of tea, cool down and realise that the purification might not be such a bad thing and would then start plotting how to take advantage of the situration and start afresh.

K

klavrynd

surrounded by 50 8 year olds, all intent on killing you, and you are un armed. What an amazing fight!

makes me think about all the whine on the news about how kids get shot in the war etc.

seriously, if you're a soldier and some 12year old git is throwing stones at your head,what would you do?

C

ChillyDawg

id say (in a Michail Winner StylE) "calm DOWN son, its only a WAR!"

N

Nichneven

Originally posted by szerena
Wow, are there really people who buy accounts that has already been used and still have lvl 50 char in it?? What's the point?

Sorry got a bit off topic there..

No hun, it's a good topic of discussion. I have no idea why someone would want to do this. They're too lazy to level themselves? They have buttloads of money? It seems like you're defeating the whole purpose of the game experience if you just buy someone else's account...

oh and I would start from scratch without suffering from spontaneous decapitation. No prob.

I might think about moving to a different realm tho..

C

Cala-more

Us albion ofc would go emain as lvl one and have a massive zerg, then the hibs and mids could moan some

R

rayzor_e_w

i'd moan and moan and moan and moan,
then roll another pally :D

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Originally posted by klavrynd
makes me think about all the whine on the news about how kids get shot in the war etc.

seriously, if you're a soldier and some 12year old git is throwing stones at your head,what would you do?

Duh, threaten to tell his mum.

T

Tobold

THAT IS A GOD LIKE IDEA

seriously i would actually go as far as to praise GOA if that happened

B

Brannor McThife

I'd ask kr0n where he was, who he was with, and what he was doing...

:D

-G

M

Munkey-

i'd camp the bomb spot. Always garunteed to make me rise a few levels.

if its a hostage mission you could kill some. but otherwise googlywwifflesnurf

O

old.Kerosene

um... I have already started again - currently enjoying BG0 with my little baby Animist :)

I recommend a complete clean sheet and starting again with 0G on another realm if you ever get completely pee'd off with DAoC.

Oh... bugger. I need to change my sig.

I

inuyasha

Originally posted by old.Tohtori
Imagine this.

After an epic battle between every realm against an evil of unspeakable power that would alst for hours and hours and finally, after all was done...

Total and utter reset of the server.

Every char gone, everyone starting at level 1.

What would your initial reaction be?

Would you quit in a heartbeat?

Would you think of it as a ..purifying event?

Would you shoot your mothers poodle?

Would you kick your sister and use her as a powerleveling tool to gain a level 50 once more?

scary part is i wouldnt have given a damn ^_^

then i would start a necro or something if my friends forced me. If not, summer is here, the girls is wearing sexxeh clothing, i have money for drinks and the vacation will be in within days.....daoc would not really be a miss ^_^

oh, and exal/hib is supposed to have low population compared to the other realms, still, i think 2000 new level 1-10 chars at waterbeetles/mudmen would make SOME line....

its so many power players around now we would have a frigging spraggon-den-list =)

Users who are viewing this thread