What would you do with £1000?

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
It may be lots or cash to you, it may be fuck all cash to you; but what would you do if someone put £1000 in your hand tomorrow and said "spend it on whatever you want; holiday, TV, 4 Xbox 360s (the first three might die), material goods, whatever".

It's easy to say what you'd do if you won the lotto, but if someone slipped you a grand then surely it's bound to make you think about it a lot more? What would you spend it on?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
First i'd take it to the police as a ton in hand is most likely of dubvious nature :lol:

But, probably...hmm...pay two months rent in advance and the rest on backup account.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
It'd just go into the bank with the rest.

rynnor

Rockhound
Shove it in the bank - after all the christmas shopping I am getting pretty sick of buying stuff at the moment - it can go towards my tax bill :p

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
As sad as it is, I'd put it straight into my savings, like I'm trying to do with all "spare" cash.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
See if that's sufficient to have the PM forcibly removed from office by fair means or foul.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I'd take my mum out for a nice meal, and spend whatever's left taking my friends out for a meal and beers. Currently that seems most important to me.

rynnor

Rockhound
plus a Condenser tumble dryer for the missus

Dont do it! Stick to vented ones - the condenser ones just last no time at all - our record was 9 months but the longest was about 14 months and thats with removing all the fluff and taking the water container out each time.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
you have to work fast to keep up with my mum though :p

leviathane

Part of the furniture
i'd put it in a shoe box under my bed, as a student putting in £1k into their bank account all of a sudden may look a tad suspect.

gohan

FH is my second home
your all so boring

drugs and whores!!

DRUGS AND WHORES!!!!!!

or, savings :<

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I've spent over a month fighting the urge to buy myself a Remington 870 Wingmaster, so if I was given an extra grand that's what I would spend it on.

Quite likely this one, not because its quite cheap, but becuase its an older one, they have all metal construction, including the trigger parts. The reciever is milled from one piece of metal, they are truely an excellent shotgun, the best pump action you can buy, although I wouldnt say that in front of my Mossberg :D

Furr

Can't get enough of FH
invest in the stocks and shares,

nah not really erm... nothing would go into my "daily money" box or in the bank.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Put it in the bank without telling the wife :)

nath

Fledgling Freddie
although I wouldnt say that in front of my Mossberg :D

I didn't think golden retrievers were that sensitive :).

So are you a collector or would this be for recreational purposes? What do you use your shotguns for?*

*Before you make the assumption that I'm grilling you because I think we should shoot daisies not buckshot - I like guns, just interested in what you get up to with yours.

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
I hear there's a good investment in America that ISNT a pyramid scam.

Chilly

Balls of steel
Inserting one's penis into one's Mossberg is not encouraged!

mycenae

Can't get enough of FH
Put it inot one of 3 things - wedding fund/honeymoon fund/deposit for a house savings

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
holiday, well away from this cold and depressing country, and I would stay there as long as I could until the money ran out.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I didn't think golden retrievers were that sensitive :).

So are you a collector or would this be for recreational purposes? What do you use your shotguns for?*

*Before you make the assumption that I'm grilling you because I think we should shoot daisies not buckshot - I like guns, just interested in what you get up to with yours.

I don't really shoot live stuff much any more mate, I do shoot a LOT of clay pigeons, between 75 and 150 a week I suppose. Most clay shooters like over/unders, but I like single barrelled guns, semi-automatic and in particular, pump actions.

Using a pump action makes shooting clays much harder, as they mostly come in pairs, but I like it anyway :) I like the fact too that it gets up the nose of the more orthadox clay shooter, particularly when I beat them. Not wishing to boast, but at my local club I beat them all the time :)

Here's a link to my clubs rather crap website. Im in quite a few of the pictures in the gallery part. *edit* I just noticed Im on the front page too, Im the twat in the camo jacket :)

I'm trying to collect one by one a few guns. I have Benelli M2 semi-auto, and my beloved Mossberg pump action, and want a good old Remington 870 pump as well. When I've got that I'll be after a Benelli SuperNova, another very good pump action.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah I would have thought shooting clay pigeons with a pump action shotgun is a little awkward. Still, sounds like a laugh.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
It's bloody great :) The thing I like about shotguns is that you cant buy a good score.

My Mossberg retails for £350 brand new, yet I've beaten, well, everybody at my local club with it, including one bloke with a £7000 Krieghoff :) Average cost of a shotgun there is maybe £1200 I suppose.

Must admit my Benelli retails at about a grand, but it makes no odds anyway, if you aint pointing it in the right place, you aint going to break no clays :D

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Pay off a bit of my credit card

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom