What would -you- do if DAoC disappeared?

O

old.Tohtori

As we all know, there is the possibility that Mythic/GOA will not be there one day. Due to a natural disaster, financial issues, team dynamics or just plain act of God, Mythic or GOA might just one day be no more. This would ofcourse mean that DAoC would be disappearing, servers just closing and when you double-click your DAoC icon, there's a small notification(if even that) of the game being offline, pulled out of the market or gone in all it's simplicity.

Now what made me ask you this was the recent "death" of motor city online. Westwood, as some of you might have heard, died in a sense. It was bought and westwood in itself is no longer among the stars of gaming industry. MCO was one of the online games that they supported(as well as earth and beyond) and due to some desicion MCO was taken down, servers closed, all the players given a warm handshake and a sorry for the loss.

All the players in MCO, i would imagine, had to find another game to play but as in every mishap, "accident" or a mess-up there are those who whine and whine till they can't whine no more. The palyers, no doubt, had invested hours and hours, even days online in making their account the greatest one alive, creating communities, making friends and all that was one day gone. This would be the case with DAoC as well. Now don't say that DAoC has too big of a client basse to just vanish, MCO had a hefty amount of clients as well. Legal actions are not an option to the players, all they really can do is complain, curse the company to all kinds of levels of hell and basicly just suck it up and move on.

Let me quote a few things from the EULA of DAoC:

We may terminate this agreement (including your License Agreement and your Account) immediately, without prior notice and with immediate effect, especially if we establish that you are violating the terms of this EULA...

We may also decide to end this agreement in the event that we choose to implement permanent suspension of the offer of the Expansion and, more generally, of the DARK AGE OF CAMELOT game, in which case you would be eligible for a refund on a prorata temporis basis (in other words, any refund would be proportional to the remaining portion of the subscription period).

We are not liable for delays or difficulties, especially of a technical nature, that are due to circumstances beyond our control. Furthermore, we cannot guarantee permanent access to your Account.

That pretty much sums it up in short. If they, by any of the reasons i stated above, decide to close DAoC they may do so with no possibility for a refund for the gametime you allready used. Now i ask you, what would -you- do /if/when that happened?

Thank you for listening to a rather lenghty rant and do discuss.

A

Apathy

Shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up!

DAoC will live forever, as will all DAoC players. :|

a.

O

old.Gombur Glodson

Go back to doing what I did before daoc.

A

Alrindel

Get away from me you disgusting troll. :p

O

old.Xarr

Originally posted by Alrindel
Get away from me you disgusting troll. :p

no probs dear, i have a super sexay norseman alias too :)

A

Archeon

Curl up into a fetal position, put my thumb in my mouth and suck it till i drown on my spittle

O

old.Trine Aquavit

Re-open my EQ/AC2/Neocron account or maybe try Shadowbane while I wait for SWG (just over a month to go!)

MMORPG 4 EVA!

F

Flimgoblin

try out something different I guess :)

hopefully I'd be able to keep in contact with the various friends I've made in game and all move as one...

V

Vivishade

i would probably commit suicide...... :p nah
id wait for shadowbane!

B

bloggs

SWG for sure , i will prolly bin DAOC when it comes out anyway

O

old.Tohtori

_________________UPDATE________________

So, now that we know what you would do. Let's look at what you would say? What would be your post on these boards? Where would the first "I shall crush j00 and j00 m0mma" e-mail go to? What would be the attack you would unleash upon the unsuspecting people in Mythic entertainment?

As you were.

F

fl3a

will go back to Q3. been marked 'inactive' in clanbase for months now :p

W

Whoodoo_RD

What would -you- do if DAoC disappeared?

Have sex again (none since the launch, well that I can remember anyway)
Drink stuff other than beer and jack daniels.
Eat food.
Figure out what else a PC can do.
Open my curtains and try to stop fearing what lies beyond.
Find a girlfriend.....i hear one downstairs sometimes, she dont talk to me much tho, and says stuff like "washing up" and "cooking", all foreign to me.
Get on these forums and make a thread called "DAoCstock - party on man!" and try to get it back, it worked for 8 track....didnt it?

O

old.Trine Aquavit

Well, I think for Whoodoo's benefit we need to petition to get the game closed down as soon as possible.

Christ, man, log off and go and get laid!

K

klavrynd

KILL THE PÄGAN!!!

CALL IN THE INQUISITION!!!!!

THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN!

(i hope, or my life willl be empty and useless)

O

old.tRoG

Dance with joy and go back to this thing which I once knew.

... Real Life.™

S

Slinker

Say hello to the other half and the kids sometimes :p

K

katani

april 15th Starwars galaxies released, april 17th my copy arrives.

Daoc deleted from puter never look back :)

G

Gimly

I would go off and play Dragon Empires that is coming out soon.. starting to look good :)

S

Sharma

if SWG kill DAoC, buh bye, ill go back to EQ

S

skerit XP

Someone will have made a server emulator by then... :)

G

g0ldenbone

Probably just get drunk more.. or perhaps take up one of about 10 hobbies that have slid by the wayside since last march ;)

Users who are viewing this thread