What would be the impact on RvR balance of :

- English -

Resident Freddy
Loxleyhood said:
New Order is an Albion guild. Who's Ghala? And who's pwned?

New Order is Pure Vision, Pure Vision is a MidGard Guild, Hence there alb inactivity... Ghala - ghaladriel, that wiz guy:) and you r prawned

btw lox, whats computer spec for rome total war? :p u aint on irc :>

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
The point is that you wouldn't run with a Scout if you were active, nor would I expect any group to do so. I wont have Rome until tomorrow, no point going on irc until I'm playing DAoC again.

Kalba

Can't get enough of FH
We've played with Fatbelly few times and he's pretty effective, the bow dmg is good + hunter gives 1 more zephyr ^^

Aeoric

Fledgling Freddie
the point is, if a fg was 10 or 12 people, I'd definately take a scout

Asysh_pryd

Fledgling Freddie
or just have more than ONE speed class and ONE primary healing class and ONE CC class (lucky hibs in this case :p)

Its like "Here folks, have 40 classes to pick from! - But for every group of 8 your gonna need at least 2 to be a healer and minstrel type!"

vintervargen

Banned
would be better to have 4-5 ppl groups, easier for casuals to make their own group with friends etc.

also more fun cause no "fixed setups"

imho

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Tilda said:
FC ran with a scout in a group for a while, when they still had a few playing. It was very very effective as he'd just hand back and knock down healers/casters while the assist train occupied the attentions of their group.

Tilda
what a waste of utility, and no they are not very very good in a grp
-a good bodyguarder will block more than enough of the arrows
-they dont do more damage than a tank in melee
-they dont do more damage than a caster at range
-they cant take damage at all
-they are easily interupted like a caster

stubbe

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:
FC ran with a scout in a group for a while, when they still had a few playing. It was very very effective as he'd just hand back and knock down healers/casters while the assist train occupied the attentions of their group.

Tilda
keyword being "for a while". we played with fatbelly for a while and it worked as long as the element of surprise did. fatbelly and fastbelly are very difficult to tell apart which resultet in ppl grappling fatbelly leaving him free to pluck arrows at mages and support for 10 seconds with melee immunity :) as soon as the novelty wore off he was tracked down and killed quite simply.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Worth speccing 50 in crossbow as arms..?

;p

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
Hmmm...

Tank Group

2 Clerics
1 Paladin (BG)
1 Friar (BG)
1 Sorc
4 Mercs
1 Minstrel

Caster Group

2 Clerics
1 Paladin (BG)
1 Friar (BG)
2 Sorc
2 Theurg
1 Fire Wiz
1 Minstrel

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
I totally hate the idea of having larger groups - for me it just means more work getting together a group, more problem with AFK and LDs, and more shit in general.

If there ever should come a huge change in DaoC, I would much rather see it be one where classes was merged down to maybe 50-60% of current class amount, and group size reduced to 5-6.

rure

Fledgling Freddie
Aeoric said:
-- Power gamers would fill the enlarged group with more outright
damage dealers, debuffers, a huge assist train, a dedicated buff
shearer, or 3x more druids with Group Purge.

That part scared me until I saw the date on that post. :p

seeph

Fledgling Freddie
3 Healers
3 RM/SM/WARLOCKS
3 zerks
1 endbot

boy i luv old posts

best solution for balanced rvr ? : Y E S albion

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
The good side would be that albs would finally be able to fit in all the key abilities into 1 single group to compete.

But of cause hibs and mids who already have spots to spare would just have even more key support that needs killing, so I don't think it would actually solve much, just make things interesting for a little while.

Umgrud

Fledgling Freddie
good and bad tbh! ill like it but i would hate the DI3 grps allready a pain for solo/duo ppl agaisnt fgs ;/ crack out 2700 dmg and they still have 100%

sirius

Fledgling Freddie
oi

He as the server runs atm, beeing 10 or 12 in a grp u would always have one ld more or less :touch:

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
majik said:
If a fg was 12 people, FC would have 8 mercs:(

rofl :D

well maybe 6merc(3slash/3crush) 3cleric friar paladin sorc, ye... :m00:

on topic: making grps sizes larger just magnifies the differences between the realms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom