What will RvR be like with New Frontiers?

Asty

Fledgling Freddie
Balbor said:
FOTM gank groups in RvR are basicly people too scared to go to the PvP servers which were set up for that style of play. They tell us they like fg v fg but as long is they don't have to fight against other FOTM gank groups. They are much more content running over 2-3 fgs of non FOTM groups.

Actually, the real enjoyment about it is to win against other "FOTM gank groups". Without these groups rvr would be pretty dull imo, zerg fights are laggy/boring and need no skill. Why not try to make your own "FOTM gank group" instead of whining about them? sure it can be hard in the beginning but its very rewarding when you learn to play better together.

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Asty said:
Actually, the real enjoyment about it is to win against other "FOTM gank groups". Without these groups rvr would be pretty dull imo, zerg fights are laggy/boring and need no skill. Why not try to make your own "FOTM gank group" instead of whining about them? sure it can be hard in the beginning but its very rewarding when you learn to play better together.

DAOC = skill ................. Lmaorofl tbh

Why the feck should you HAVE to form a FOTM gank group to enjoy RvR?

Killerbee

Fledgling Freddie
Garok said:

Oh I see, retard ppl with FOTM gank grps, they can't see it's all about realms, not little communities.
What? Same in PvE? 1 fg Sidi Raids, 3 fg Dragon Raids. FOTM gank grp can camp Legion. Oh no, it can't be true. :rolleyes:

I love to see ppl who love to form perfect grps for xp or PvE raids (obviously not all of them, not even 50% I think) are complaining about the same in RvR.

Casualgamer

Fledgling Freddie
Asty said:

As others have said, most of the playerbase don't have access to multiple fotm characters, don't belong to a guild with players who are on for many hours each day, and don't have the high-RR to compete with another fotm group. For most players to get such a group together is impossible or would take more time than they have to play. Most players just want to get a group with their friends - whatever class they happen to play - and go enjoy some RvR without getting steamrollered by groups they haven't got a chance of even scratching.

I think Balbor's point, which was a very fair one, was that if the real enjoyment is in fighting similar fotm groups, then why don't the fotm people all either play on Camlann, or do their RvR in one of the 11 other frontier zones where they're unlikely to find any of the "zergs" which they claim bore them so much ? Because funnily enough, those fotm groups seem to spend all their time ganking non-fotm groups in the places where those non-fotm groups are most likely to be found, like Emain. Seems there's something of a difference between what the fotm players say, and what they actually do.

Asty

Fledgling Freddie
Garok said:

Skill and teamwork play a huge part in fg fights. Apperantly the way you play (= zerging) doesnt have anything to do with skill though

Garok said:

If you dont want to die all the time or get 1rp per kill in zergs.
And just fyi, i mean a solid group not a FOTM group (savage groups used to be fotm groups for example). You just have to balance the group and bring some sense to the setup.. can be casters/tanks whatever..

Anyway... point is that there will be strong groups always, cant help it.. so you have 3 options:

1. zerg
2. get ganked all the time
3. build your own good group

I understand that rvr can be frustrating for a casual player, and i dont have anything against zerging as long as its in reasonable scale.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Asty said:

They only require skill from 2 or 3 of the players.
How much skill does it take to press the macro assist key then the stick key then a side or rear positional of choice.
Rinse repeat.

It requires half decent twitch gaming skills from the main ccer in order to get cc off first and the MA needs to be able to recognise his/her target.

Skill would involve removing assist from the game altogether or at least putting a 5 to 10 second delay on it.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Casualgamer said:
As others have said, most of the playerbase don't have access to multiple fotm characters, don't belong to a guild with players who are on for many hours each day, and don't have the high-RR to compete with another fotm group. For most players to get such a group together is impossible or would take more time than they have to play. Most players just want to get a group with their friends - whatever class they happen to play - and go enjoy some RvR without getting steamrollered by groups they haven't got a chance of even scratching.

I think Balbor's point, which was a very fair one, was that if the real enjoyment is in fighting similar fotm groups, then why don't the fotm people all either play on Camlann, or do their RvR in one of the 11 other frontier zones where they're unlikely to find any of the "zergs" which they claim bore them so much ? Because funnily enough, those fotm groups seem to spend all their time ganking non-fotm groups in the places where those non-fotm groups are most likely to be found, like Emain. Seems there's something of a difference between what the fotm players say, and what they actually do.

It always makes me laugh when the RvR guilds go on about how they want FGvFG fair fights in order to test their skills when all they actually want is to maximise their real points for the day. Otherwise they would leave alone the zerg and just emote when they see solo, duo or non fotm full groups running around.

Balbor

Fledgling Freddie
Asty said:

from your own words you are saying FOTM groups would enjoy PvP servers more, no more zergs there and whats more every group has access to the same classes.

Yaruar's right since when did haveing you press the first few numbers on your quick bar to form an assist train require skill. Or press the instent stun then cast mezz, spaming spread heals or spaming AOE disease for that matter. Infact the whole idea behind the FOTM group requires very little skill, you only need 4 different classes to make them in Mid, thats not very hard.

And i know this sounds like a conspiracy theory but how come you can get 2-3 FOTM groups from different realms running around in emain but yet they never meet (or even adding when one of there own is fighting them). Seems stange that a group can head off towards enemy MG and a few secs later enemy gank groups come running at you from the very same direction, they must of seen each other right?

Telling people to form there own fotm group is like telling all those classes that don't make the cut to fuck off! DAOC is for all classes not just the ones poeple that learn't to abuse.

Jaff

Fledgling Freddie
i found the last page of this thread really interesting, i am a tad mashed though.

Yussef

Fledgling Freddie
IMO, the day you stop striving for perfection, is the day you die :p

Iceflower

Fledgling Freddie
>IMO, the day you stop striving for perfection, is the day you die

In real life that is an admirable attitude. However if you spend all your resources on perfection in a mere game I would not use that expression. :)

The fps players' lack of response to the comment about choice of targets in Emain is interesting to say the least :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom