What will give me the best DPS?

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
Ok, maybe this belongs in the newbie or battleground section, but i'll ask here anyways. :p
It is sort of RvR related!

I'm leveling a SB atm and wondering what weapon combination will give me the best DPS for Leirvik, lv 44.
I have the lv 40 epic sword. It's 4.6 SPD and 14.1 DPS. 14.1 DPS is cap for lv 43, so it's actually a lv 43 sword.

If i have a 2.4 SPD offhand(i want some LA haste effect since i'll be unbuffed in Leirvik), would it be better for me to use that sword or a lv 44 sword in mainhand?
The lv 44 sword has 14.4 DPS, but only 4.1 SPD.
At least that's what i think is the slowest crafted sword.

Afaik, you gain about 0.3% DPS increase per 0.1 SPD, but with the LA haste effect, what will be best?

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
i'm not sure if its optimal to go for the slowest mainhander you can get, considering you'll run unbuffed. if you will run unbuffed you're going to hit so awfully slow and it will be pretty hard to get reactionaires in sometimes.

i think what you will benefit most from is to get a heater mainhand, or maybe even offhand too. using slash weapons on all the vampiirs and shades is going to be a pain, and if there's many rangers too cold legendaries will help a lot. get a crafted weapon with similar speed so you dont lose the right timing when you swap

i think 4.3 will help your dmg more then 4.1 mainhand, if you do decide you want to use such slow weapons :p

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
Because the spd difirence is so big in this case, the dps boost slow weapons get actually outweighs the higher DPS figure the 4.1 weapon has, but by a relatively small ammount.

So the 4.6 weapon will give you a higher dps

Im usualy against the general mindset people have that slow weapons are better, but in this instance they actually are, having said that, I still think Dragonfury and BMF are shite :)

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
The off hand will be at least 14.4 dps.
I'll use Gazsi's, Jekeel's or a crafted one if i can find something cheap, so i can SC it and get a proc.

If the 4.6 spd mainhand gets too slow(i'm a valkyn, so my quickness isn't that bad:p), i may use the lv 41 dex/quick charges on the necky that drops off Grimnar.

I thought about LWs too, but not sure if i have cash to get any or want to waste them on a gimp. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom