What were you doing 12 months ago?

O

old.Ashgen

Quite sadly really it occurred to me that last Christmas my Armsmen, Ashgen, dinged 50.

That was my first level 50, now even more sadly, I have 5 more.

I played Excalibur Albion almost exclusively at that time, but now Prydwen is my home for 90% of time at the moment, with my time split 70/30 between Hibernia and Midgard.

What will the next 12 months bring?

We will have Frontiers, Trails of Atlantis as well as other bits and bobs no doubt.

Will you be here to see them however?

With new MMORGS such as World of Warcraft, Darkfall, Light and Dark, Dragon Empires etc. due for release next year, will the competition be too much for the 3 year old DAoC to bear, or will it still retain it’s title as the best MMORG out there?

Star wars galaxies was trumpeted as the death knell of DAoC, but that has pretty much come and gone.

I predict that DAoC will be there, pretty much as Asherons Call is, still played by the hardcore players. One of the new games, my money being on WoW, will take mantle as the new kid on the block.

Interesting year coming I feel, and I wonder is the genre if MMORG’s has also reached it’s nadir, and that some other genre is in the wings waiting to waste our lives sat in front of a PC.

Remember how first person shooters ruled the roost at one time?

Any way, Merry Christmas all and have a wonderful New Year.

I hope Santa brings you all what you want ;)

N

-Nxs-

Who knows,

DAOC has its place now along side everquest i think, but ToA has already crippled the game, alot of people were waiting for the frontiers patch, see if that made the game more interesting before moving on - however rather than balance the game, Mythic decided to create another expansion and tip the scales even more.

I dont think there will ever be another game that builds around PvE and PvP as much as DAOC, and in this case most hardcore players are gona stay.

B

barevoose

about the 15th of December last year i finally bought the game :) i not been playing that long but a lvl 50 so far and nearing 2

K

Kallio

I think That mythic is putting all into frontiers now, if it flops... The wholoe game is going down.

J

jeweltje

12 months ago I was happily celebrating Christmas with the woman I was engaged with that recently rudely dumped me and left me alone with this Christmas
DaoC wise? didn't play yet :|

O

old.Alliandre

I was unregistered from DAoC at the time and playing on a good old MUD called Wolfenburg. My highest character was probably 39. Ah the speed of my leveling ;)

D

dukat_lionheart

last christmas eve i was eagerly anticipating getting DAOC :)

once i got it i didnt play many other games for a long while, still dont really :) DAOC in my opinion is one of the best games out, though this is mainly due to my interests and the type of game i enjoy. still, DAOC is the only game i really play alot atm. (well, would be playing it if i could get on :( cant seem to log on atm)

P

- Pathfinder -

I was actually RvRing. Caster grps (read non-PBAE debuffed ones) still had something to do in emain ^^

R

Riddler

was prolly playing daoc christmas 2002 as well as christmas 2001 :p

T

tripitaka

I was reading a post which asked what i was doing 12 months ago.

I

ilaya

12 months ago i was playing less fervently than i am now.. although i now play 2 servers..

as for other games that are gonna be the so called end for daoc.. SWG is shite.. EVE is well.. need i say it? WoW and EQ2 however.. even they catch my eye.. but i wont give up on daoc until the servers go outta commision :) i like it too much :)

look at the number of peeps of these forums.. it wont die.. if we keep it alive :)

B

Brannor McThife

Originally posted by Cala-more
questing around the new si lands
Really? I thought SI was only released to the EU public in February. Don't recognise your name.

I personally was spending around 16 hours a day TESTING SI for the EU release. Payed for 2 Accounts...and all I did was test...pffft...GOA could've at least given me 1 free month. :p

-G

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by Brannor McThife
Really? I thought SI was only released to the EU public in February. Don't recognise your name.

I personally was spending around 16 hours a day TESTING SI for the EU release. Payed for 2 Accounts...and all I did was test...pffft...GOA could've at least given me 1 free month. :p

-G

"I went to help GOA and all I got was this T-shirt that says Monkeyboy" ????

:p

had a nice xmas Brannor? :)

oh and I was most likely playing the game to, I´ll be fecked if I can remember though

B

Brannor McThife

Originally posted by Addlcove
"I went to help GOA and all I got was this T-shirt that says Monkeyboy" ????
Heh...they wouldn't even give me that. :eek:

Originally posted by Addlcove
had a nice xmas Brannor? :)

Was crap. Went to visit family at the coast, and it was really windy and rained 80% of the time...so no sea time. :(

But it was a nice break.

-G

Users who are viewing this thread