What weights 20kg

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH
Packing suitcase and cant be over 20kg and no scales so can anyone help me out with what would weight 20kg or just over so i can compare

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
20kg is a pretty heavy suitcase tbh. it will generally take some oomph to lift and move a suitcase that heavy. if you're not happy lifting it or moving it about it's too heavy. leave some stuff.

if it's light at the airport it's just a go-ahead to get pretties from wherever you're going to take home with you ;)

also, if you're a little bit (really little) over then airlines may turn a blind eye, but that's no guarantee. keep your cabin baggage light so you can transfer some stuff if need be eh.

taB

Part of the furniture
images

This pure gold Santa weighs 20kg

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH
hm well im 6ft5 so not much use there :p my suitcase is heavy itself which is why im a bit worried

taB

Part of the furniture
Make some scales using a 5kg pack of pasta and a piece of wood

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Hmmm a 'your mum' comment would have been just PERFECT if it wasn't such a low number :(

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH
changed to a big holdall just incase :p and my method of testing was easy to bicep curl and i use 15kg generally at gym so its all good

Rolv

Fledgling Freddie
One bucket of water is 10 liters that equals 10 kg. Measure up and fill up bags, or use 2 buckets. :D

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
The suitacases can actually be over 20kg, but if you're taking even NEAR 20kg, even near 10kg on the way OVER, you're in trouble already. But that's just c'cause you're an overpacking silly person :D

Airports are used to handling overweight suitcases.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Unless it's a huge suitcase full of heavy items and not clothes (I'm thinking compacted white powder) I've a feeling you'll be fine.

You should be able to weigh up items against a bag of sugar (1kg). Go for 17 sets of that and you'll be fine, can't see the suitcase being more than 3-4kg at most.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
The suitacases can actually be over 20kg, but if you're taking even NEAR 20kg, even near 10kg on the way OVER, you're in trouble already. But that's just c'cause you're an overpacking silly person :D

Airports are used to handling overweight suitcases.

entirely up to the desk staff how lenient they are (within reason ofc), so essentially you are leaving it to how well their day is going. They are well within their rights to penalise you for being even 1kg over

It can be over but you pay an excess for it on most airlines, some will make you take out the extra weight depending on how busy the flight is

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
entirely up to the desk staff how lenient they are (within reason ofc), so essentially you are leaving it to how well their day is going. They are well within their rights to penalise you for being even 1kg over

It can be over but you pay an excess for it on most airlines, some will make you take out the extra weight depending on how busy the flight is

Yeah, meant that it can be over 20kg and that all, there's payments etc usually, but nothing major considering usual travel costs :p

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Yeah, meant that it can be over 20kg and that all, there's payments etc usually, but nothing major considering usual travel costs :p
Some airlines, particularly the budget ones can really hammer you. iirc Ryanair charge 12 quid per excess kilo. I was 10kg over when visiting a mate in Germany this year - lot of money. Just posted it back, cost like 4 quid or something for the lot.

Like already been said pretty hard to go over 20kg just for a week or 2 hols, if go backpacking have all the gear including tent and heavy boots + going out clothes and walking gear and ends up something like 16-18kg.

sayward

Resident Freddy
Just been away, Samsonite hard suitcase on its own weighed 5kg! So that didn't help. On the way out their scales had broken, on the way back it was over 23kg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom