what we at now? the 5th screw up...

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by cutgrass
Come on guys, get it off your chest.

If you are complaining to the player community then obviously GOA will notice and they will erm, um - oh yeah thats right I remember. They will do nothing.

You have a right to complain, I quite enjoy reading your posts but I have to wonder why, after so much incompetence on GOA's part you are still playing the EU version.

Maybe you like to complain, maybe you like paying money to a company you think are crap.

You're not on BT as well are you?

ANyway, yes you can complain but I have to wonder at the point of it all.

'Shrugs'

Agreed. We may complain in vain but Kemor does troll these boards so we have a small chance. Also when you are frustrated it is nice to blow steam off and this is the perfect place. As for going to the US I would play there tomorrow if my guild joined me, leveling again would not bother me as long as my friends were there. Most of them won't leave EU at the moment but the frustration levels are rising and it is only a matter of time.

S

Silence

be nice to report it to goa but rightnow aint working.

oh look goa rox.. rofl.

O

old.stroke

Originally posted by cHodAX

Hmm another one who hates people expressing an opinion, they have a name for people like you.......

:fluffle:

I hope that makes you feel better.

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by stroke

:fluffle:

I hope that makes you feel better.

Hum great comeback, touche. You have left me reeling with your rapier wit and insightful comment.

Congrats I think........... ;)

oh wait you just used a standard smily to express your opinion, how enlightened :D

O

old.Whut

Originally posted by Farnis
Wow - whut you are angry bunny....hehe...Dont try and have a go at me buddy...I can see you are tense and the game no longer brings you any pleasure...I suggest taking a break - perhaps come back after a few months or so.

Farnis I am very disappointed at being lied to for my money. We were promised very much at release that has not materialised. I enjoy Camelot the game very, very much, and am having a great time in Midgard Prydwen with my new character at the moment.

It isn't just us paying customers that are being let down in my view. The game called Camelot is itself being badly let down.

The player relationship to the game, is highly dependant on timely additions, to cater for people with characters at certain levels, as well as the issue of addressing and fixing known bugs with those patches.

The Mythic managed game is seemigly keeping pace with the issues and content rather well. The GOA managed game isn't. It is as simple as that.

O

old.stroke

Well you know. One picture says more than a thousand words, and this is an animation.
Just too lazy to write thousands of words right now.

C

cHodAX

Well you know. One picture says more than a thousand words, and this is an animation.
Just too lazy to write thousands of words right now.

hehe the picture says you want to stroke my chin, lol ur even nuttier than me :D

F

Farnis

Dont argue with Stroke....he is the one who thinks his sh1t smells just that little bit sweeter than everyone elses.

hehe - Just a joke stroke - Plz dont come back with one of your "oh your so dumb and im an intellectual powerhouse" replies.

O

old.Iominali

I imagine it has equally huge impact on the way we see the game. I am both excited and afraid of the thing. I heard (yes, hear-say, but never the less) that the coming of DF had a huge negative impact on (the current) RvR other than keep raiding keeps enough to grant you access, but also: it has to be worth it, it wouldn't have happened otherwise.

As for the patching: I'm a lucky sod, playing and light eldie hasn't been able to point out the needs in the game like it has with certain other classes, but I do know there're lots of issues that need fixing and that there's a huge version gap - that only seems to widen up every passing week - between us and the US version.

As a personal opinion: I'm fine the way it is now, if GOA doesn't patch anything I won't see a cloud on me. But I will, if I feel like playing a character that has obvious problems. Therefore my voice is to be heard on the side craving for the patches to come. GOA should get one of those proverbial grips.

O

old.stroke

hehe - Just a joke stroke - Plz dont come back with one of your "oh your so dumb and im an intellectual powerhouse" replies.

You can't argue with me for telling the truth, can you?

C

cHodAX

You can't argue with me for telling the truth, can you?

Leave my chin alone damnit, I haven't shaved today ;)

O

old.stroke

Leave my chin alone damnit, I haven't shaved today ;)

Where the hell do you have your chin? Not on top of your head i hope?

C

cHodAX

Where the hell do you have your chin? Not on top of your head i hope?

Yes I am sadly deformed :)

O

old.Whut

Originally posted by Silence
be nice to report it to goa but rightnow aint working.

oh look goa rox.. rofl.

chuckles

The official forums were closed beciause there obviously was a desire to ignore criticism even if relevant.

Nobody in their right mind in business ignores relevant criticism, becuase it is a highly valuable contribution to business success. If you do not know there are problems, and even refuse to acknowledge them, then there is only one way to go, and that is down.

The customer maybe is not always right, but you need feedback. Feedback does not come from yes men, it comes from the complaints department. If you have a viable complaints department, and complaints are at a low level, then you can pat yourself on the back, and keep up the good work. If the volume of complainst is high, and the content of the complaints is relevant, then it is past time to address the issues. To make things right for everybody, including the company but especially the customers, then no effort can be spared to salvage what is then a limited window of opportunity.

Nobody likes to see a business fail, especially me, but hiding your head in the sand only guarantees a speedier end of the business.

O

old.shotgunstow

It is a shame really that all most people see from GOA is the bad side...no one ever stops to look or care about what good things they have done.

O

old.stroke

Yes I am sadly deformed :)

Hehe. good to see there's some humour and self-distance left in the world :)

Now my day is made. Thank you :)

S

Silence

goa dont need to listen all they do is translate what mythic give em. all they want complaints over rightnow so they can try and fix em with in the following weeks.

and they manage to do that slow.

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by shotgunstow
It is a shame really that all most people see from GOA is the bad side...no one ever stops to look or care about what good things they have done.

Which are.....??

BTW Silence it is nice to see a fellow Manc in DAoC :)

O

old.Laico

Originally posted by Gombur Glodson
why do every board have to be so full of whiners?
If you go to a restaurant and experience poor food and bad service do you then continue to come back and eat there??
No you go to another restaurant and eat there, and dont bug other people about how bad the other is

I havent spent 22 played days in a bad restaurant... maybe only 1 hour or 2. GOA is pissing of ppl with their not achieved promisses and he has all the right to do that.

O

old.Raziel

The reason every one is so pissed is because GOA have not done what they said they would do.

Now if they said "3 months for a patch and so on" then i would not be complaing now, on the other hand i would not have got the EU version in the first place.

O

old.Prof

1.46 to 1.48 were all rather SMALL patches Mythic churned out in little over a month.

1.49 & 1.50 are both HUGE patches with loads of content especially for the high-lvl ppl who are QUICKLY getting bored atm - the game still lacks high-lvl content. 1.50 took nearly as long to develop as 1.46, 1.47 & 1.48 together. One of the very next patches will likely contain the much vaunted housing which will be again a lot of content and a few days ago Mordred, the test PvP server, got of the ground.

GOA runs approx 2,5 months behind the USA servers and they translate TWICE as slow. How big will the gap be at the end of the year ? 6 months ?

The worrying point is that GOA is loosing ground instead of gaining, which puts things like the expansion pack and the PvP server in serious jeopardy, together with the highlvl players who won't stay forever to toy around with the same content.

You can call us whiners, but you can't say we don't have reason to.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Laico

I havent spent 22 played days in a bad restaurant... maybe only 1 hour or 2. GOA is pissing of ppl with their not achieved promisses and he has all the right to do that.

The food's not bad but the waiters sure are slow and surly :)

G

Galatea

Not post or a flame, but a point. GOA said they couldn't patch the English servers separately for some reason (will someone re-iterate?) but then they go and say they've asked mythic to create a way for people to play on the test server, a server that holds a different patch version, surely then they have the capability to patch the English servers up to the newest version as tested by mythic (1.50 now(?)).

granted this puts the other language servers at a disadvantage, but thats not my/anyone elses fault except GOAs

apologies if this has been mentioned before, but i haven't had the time to catch up on all posts yet.

as i said before, this isn't a flame directed at anyone, only a point.

and as for the on topic discussion, let the guy do what he wants, i he feels that goa aren't worthy of his hard earned money, then good for him and mythic, ill be staying on the eu servers (mmostly because i cant pay via credit:)), thats my choice nad i'd expect others to respect that just as i respect others' decisions.

O

old.Zhildrua

Basically it isn't the lagging behind of patches that annoys me, because let's be honest people, we don't have a clue if that translation is a piece of cake or rocket science. But right there in that "we don't have a clue"-part is the point that really annoys me:
The lack of communication from GOA.

If they had explained regularly (regularly as in once a week minimum), what they are doing, the difficulties they ran in, etc. we could at least understand what takes so long. Doesn't necessarily means we're happy with it, but we could understand.

What GOA needs, is an official communication guy (or girl) like Sanya. Someone who is actively responding on the boards, and not answering hesitantly and sparcely like Kemor (no flame at Kemor here, just reading his answers gave me the impression that he's already leaning wide out of the window, just by posting something innocent like "Look at the announcements").

Good communication is crucial for any MMORPG. Because let's face it, we MMO players just LOVE to post, rant, bitch and complaint :)
So someone to calm the waves and giving ppl the impression that someone at GOA really cares is needed badly.

That's why the situation on old boards went overboard. Complains turned to whines to flames to counterflames and no one stepping in or react in any other way, eg. giving out some information. So ppl got even more furious. And all of a sudden one of GOA's highlevels opened the forum, noticed 30 "GOA sux" and "F*** GOA" threats and got the impression that ppl seemed a bit unhappy and that it would be bad marketing. So they removed the symptoms, but not the cause. Hear no evil, see no evil.

Adding to that the non-existent ingame support and voila, you'll have a disgruntled costumerbase that has the impression they paid to be ignored.

O

old.Gombur Glodson

the lack from GOA irritates me to, but the lack of care from Mythic irritates me the most, we are playing their game and half of the players are complaining about the company hired to run thir game, not even once have I heard what myhic thinks about GOA's speed :(

O

old.Gombur Glodson

oh and I just want to appoligize for not letting people complain.
I was an idiot for saying that, after thinking things over you have every right to be pissed and complain , and its very annoying when people tell you to shut up when you're angry, so pardon me.

O

old.Breydel

Not post or a flame, but a point. GOA said they couldn't patch the English servers separately for some reason (will someone re-iterate?) but then they go and say they've asked mythic to create a way for people to play on the test server, a server that holds a different patch version, surely then they have the capability to patch the English servers up to the newest version as tested by mythic (1.50 now(?)).

Aye, GOA stating they cannot patch their English servers to a different patch than the FRE/GER servers is complete BS! The US client has 2 executables, one for the live servers and one for the test server Pendragon. When you load the live CAMELOT.EXE file you patch to the latest live patch and can connect to the live servers. When you fire up the CAMTEST.EXE file you patch to the latest version on Pendragon (which most of the time is a different version) and can connect to the Pendragon. Easy as that and it works like a charm.

So is GOA technically not able to run 2 different versions of DAoC? Hell no! Mythic already has something similar running. But does GOA not want to give the UK players a newer patch than the FRA/GER players? Ooh yes!

Breydel
37 warden on Morgan Le Fay
42 skald on Prydwen (retired & account cancelled after free trial period)

Q

Quemine

They closed the official boards and told us to come to this place and whine instead. So any whines around here are 100% legit I'd say, since a couple GOA people actually visits these boards once every month... If they don't hear any people having negative thoughts about the game they'll assume everything is ok, put another pot of coffee on and delay the patch another month or two.

D

Damon_D

Hmmm anyone here tried to let Mythic know what we thing of Goa , or do they just think everything is peachy :rolleyes:
Maybe we should move the flames to somewhere we sure Mythic see's em too. A good idea..i dont know but anything is worth trying :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom