What type of Shield.?

Jorof

Loyal Freddie
Been out and about with my warrior - i use a small crafted shield for duels because it has a dot proc on it and if i get aggro etc i switch to a large crafted shield (same stats except i made a mistake on the dot proc - only works if u slam etc)

Some kind person alerted me that using a small shield makes you block a little bit less than if you use a large shield (when fighting in a duel vs one person) the difference is apparently noticable.

Is this true? To those out there with some knowledge on shield i ask for your advice :)

P.S - im poor, dont make me craft/sc and alch another large shield with the right dot proc on :mad:

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Yes small sheilds will block less, but use less end on their styles like slam. I know a few who in PvE use a small one for slam then change to a large for defence.

Get an ML7 large sheild, great util and much better than crafted, I do beleive theres also a small version of the same sheild, so you can switch and keep the same stats.

Frostor

Fledgling Freddie
small shields dont block less in 1vs 1 ....
medium/large shields make u able to block several targets at once .....

Moriatroll

Fledgling Freddie
as frostor said, with 1 shield u can 1vs. 1 w/o any decrease in blockrate. With medium u can have 2 guys/mobs hitting on u w/o penalty, with a large shield the number is 3.

Any more then the previous numbers, ur blockrate will decrease with the number of mobs, i dont have the formula though :p

And nawh ml7 shield... get guthlac :p

noblok

Part of the furniture
They've introduced a blocking cap not too long ago. Small shields cap at 80% (I think), medium at 95% and large at 98%.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom