What to spend my gold on?

G

Gef

Originally posted by Fingoniel

Aye there is :)

You hit Ghost hound for 512 (-1234) :)

i.e. I would have done 11106 (-1234) (base damage 12340, 10% resist -1234)

Your weaponskill/their AF
factors majorly in the damage calculation...

this is capped :)

go try on a yellow :)

I hit level 1 mobs and dont get (-2346) .. the reason I do this is for consistency. I can hit 50 of them and always get the same result, to the exact HP ... I hit a yellow and I get a range of figures, doing it this way could take hours to get a good average. But this admitedly is a good method of working out block/evade rates etc.

The reason for this is there is no way in hell a level 1 mob is going to resist anything of any kind. So I always hit for my absolute maximum damage. This is a tried and tested method of working out max DPS's on weapons, and this information comes from the Scout TL on the US servers.

D

[DK]Rawkeer

Originally posted by Gef
No such thing as a damage cap on a mob ..

You reckon?????
Go smack some level 0 and 1 mobs.

L

lairiodd

What is wierd is that damage cap seems to be unaffected by quality so if you are hitting the damage cap then all that should matter is effective dps.

5.5 speed so dps = 427 / 5.5 = 77.64 from(14.1 dps)
5.3 speed so dps = 406 / 5.3 = 76.60 from (13.9 dps)

77.64/76.60 = 1.014
14.1 /13.9 = 1.014

The slight increase in the dps of the 5.5 speed bow is due to the slightly higher effective dps. So when you hit the cap all that matters is the effective dps of the weapon. But you will only hit your damage cap on low level mobs and players.

The benefit of crafted weapons is the extra quality so a test which ignores the quality isnt really a good test. As has been pointed out elsewhere you need to find better mobs so you dont cap the damage

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Gef

I hit level 1 mobs and dont get (-2346) .. the reason I do this is for consistency. I can hit 50 of them and always get the same result, to the exact HP ... I hit a yellow and I get a range of figures, doing it this way could take hours to get a good average. But this admitedly is a good method of working out block/evade rates etc.

The reason for this is there is no way in hell a level 1 mob is going to resist anything of any kind. So I always hit for my absolute maximum damage. This is a tried and tested method of working out max DPS's on weapons, and this information comes from the Scout TL on the US servers.

If they've got slash resists I get silly minuses after my damage...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom