what to roll :>

R

riv

I'm a caster, i really can't play tanks. i can't seem to master chains and positionals and all that jazz.

What casters does alb need?

I necro, but its annoying to play as a translucent hankie :)

Quiet fancy a matter cabby?

I want to be groupable, but not be useless on my own. suggestions? :)

O

old.mattshanes

Spirit/body caba is nice to go with an air theurg or sorc.

Other than that would say an air theurg or an earth theurg(with the nice changes coming).Cabalist is a very nice class but be warned a lot of albs never have seen it's true potential sadly :/

K

kameh

Riv I always thought you'd jump at the chance to be a Sorcerer, they're pretty damn good and people need that mana regen - lets the mincer play ablative :)

R

riv

if i played a Sorc it would be for the lifetap more than anything else so that i would have some way of keeping myself alive (and as a RM i'm so used to having speed at my disposal) simply because (and this isn't a dig) i'm so used to mid groups not being very good at supporting casters in the group.

what does a sorc bring to a group, other than mez and the mana regen (isn't there another class that can throw that?)

also there seems to be a LOT of sorcs :)

C

Cavex ElSaviour

what sorcs bring is quiet easy, mez, mana and a mind shield. and ofc, back up speed. (which can't be combined with the mind shield if you only have one sorc).

minstrels can play the mana son, but that will prevent them from using abla and speed. In nearly every RvR group, and also in every PvE group, a sorc is a vital part. The only problem i see with sorcs is their survivabilty in RvR. it seems that midgard and hibernia target the sorc first, then the healers and then the other casters.

T

toxx

Lots of sorcs? not really.

Maybe lots of /level 20s.. but so few that stick it once they get to 50 i find :/

I really woudlnt try a cabalist, i agree with mattshanes, the class is good and quite underappreciated, but for that simple reason you wont get much out of the game when it comes to rvr.

Otherwise, air thurgs are ace, and ice wizards.

L

liste

depending on your spec, a sorcerer brings ae mez, ae root, mind shield, mana regen, caster speed, ae amnesia, ae stat debuffs, yellow con pet and a lifetap which is crap-ish and a quite powerful nuke (requires a high body spec though. 40 gets you a good-ish nuke, 45 gets you a very good one). All in all, sorc is one of the most versatile group characters. Survivability? next to none :)

if you want the lifetap, spec body cabalist with spirit as back up line. they also get ae disease, which, quite frankly, is the least used tool in albion yet one of the best.

<edit> air theurg has the same power nuke as a body sorcerer. so depending what you want; 10 sec PBT or the sorc utilities and lvl 40 pets, you should consider either of these for a good single target DD caster, with more than just one trick like the fire wiz

Users who are viewing this thread