What to be...

C

Cyfr

Im thinking ranger/theif or blackmage/redmage , I havnt really had time to wait for places like ffxionline.com to load so aint read up much.. but what are your opinions ect?

E

ECA

tarutaru/whitemage/summoner :-]

I think trog is going the same.

O

old.tRoG

If you're wanting to be a black mage, white mage is a pretty good sub class to pick.

(Oh, and yes, I am going taru/whm/sum)

C

Cyfr

What advantages does black/white have over black/red or red/black?

*Goes into confuse mode*

Im only used to DAoC :p

K

Krazeh

Black/White gets access to all the black and white spells, whereas if you go red and black yu'll get all the black spells but not all the white spells, mainly it'll be the advanced ones that you don't get access to. Altho you will get access to red magics and other skills you wouldn't get as a Black/White Mage

C

Cyfr

:S

I want to be a nuker, I think.. or do I want to be a ranger/theif :D

I played a caster in daoc, which was fun... but in end rvr (at least after recent patchs) casters die SO SO fast, so fast that its not worth being one :p

A

Arrows

Galka Monk Dark Knight Samurai

monks take damage and sams and darks hit hard

O

old.tRoG

There's no PvP currently implemented in FFXI, although I understand it's coming in a patch pretty soon.

*Oh, and you never know, mages might turn out to be super 'ard at high levels! Maybe. Well, not really. but maybe.

C

Cyfr

I might just go for a meeler.. :p

Gaww on tRoG give me some meele main/sub's and advantages/disadvantages :p

*Tests tw0g's knowledge*

K

Krazeh

Thing is mages in Final Fantasy have always been fucking nasty bastards at higher levels, sure they may be fairly easy to kill but you have to get enuff damage in before they cast a load of spells all over ya ass and smack ya senseless

C

Cyfr

You see, its not easy as ive never played the game..
How does changing jobs work?

Can I cast when being hit or what? Does it work like normal FF battles? :D

O

old.tRoG

Melee? *falls asleep*

I'd guess Dragoon/Warrior would be pretty good, but there are too many types of melee :eek:

Changing jobs - You go to your Mog House (A house you're given when you start the game) and talk to your mog. He changes your main to your sub, or your sub to your main, etc.

X

xcpt

no its a bit like daoc, wen u cast and get hit, u get interupted but u dont get that 5 second timer inbetween.
and u can change jobs anytime but u will start at level 1 stats etc

O

old.tRoG

Oh, and you have to do a quest to get an advanced job :)

Users who are viewing this thread