Games What titles have you missed completely?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Just curious, as i tend to be(mewmew), about which game titles people haven't played at all around here. Meaning games that are in the spotlight, not indie/obscure stuff.

For example;

- Ass ass ins creed.
- God of war.
- Any civ game after colonization.
- Half life (i'm still at the first "boss" fight in 2 :eek7:)
- Portal(got it free now so might launch it over the weekend).
- Call of duty(had fun with the zombie mode i think) and modern warfare.
- FIFA/NHL/sports in general. Think last one was madden 96 :p
- Zelda games past 8-bit.
- Mario games same deal.

Just noticed myself that there's a LOT to play still and that list is probably the tip of the iceberg.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
I read this as 'What titties have you missed completely' and was very intrigued about what this thread would contain :( First thing in the morning I guess.

I've missed pretty much every game on your list except mario and zelda (Oh and I played a bit of HL2 and watched my brother complete HL1 when I was younger). I've missed pretty much every other game that's come out in recent years too since I hardly ever play single player games any more. I know there's a ton of good games that I would probably enjoy but I'm still too busy playing StarCraft II :D

I suppose some big ones that I can think of that aren't on your list that everyone tells me I should've played:
- minecraft
- mass effect
- KOTOR
- gears of war
- elder scrolls
- deus ex

I could go on but I would probably just be copying a list of any random person's list of favourite games ^^

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Anything since 2001 that wasn't Daoc, PES or.. Well that's it I think

eksdee

FH is my second home
- Zelda in general
- Final Fantasy in general
- God of War
- Uncharted

The last two because they're PS3 exclusives; I'd love to play them but fuck buying a second console for the privilege.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I, too, am guilty of never playing Deus Ex (don't tell Wazz). :(

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Here's a few more that might clench a few buttholes;

Elder scroll series before oblivion(any), baldurs gates, ultima series.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Big franchises I've missed (every game of) are Assasins Creed, Starcraft, Battlefield, Civilisation, God of War, Final Fantasy, Deus Ex

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
DAoC! :clap: And I played Warcraft up to and including Tides of Darkness and not.... what it is now. :)

Agree with the list of G, except I played one of the FF games way back on the Playstation (one).

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Loads and loads, far too many too list.

A combination of time and money mean that I am very picky with games.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
CoD/Battlefield/genric boring "realism" shooters. Just have no interest. Give me something mental like Quake or Bulletstorm or Serious Sam for shooting fun.

MMORPGs because they're hilariously bad.

Final Fantasy - boring, boring turn based tedium.

Tried to play Uncharted but thought it was distinctly average - probably the single most overrated game I've ever played. There's just nothing special or unique about it. The only thing it has going for it is some of the acting is halfway decent. Got Assasins Creed II but barely started playing it - God of War Collection 2 and Deus Ex3 have been eating up my time. Still haven't played my 2 free PSN games (Dead Nation & Infamous) either.

Also never touched Gears as it's Xbox.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
CoD games because I think they tend to be overhyped shit that loads of people lap up because they don't know any better, poor little console kiddies.

Never got into Deus Ex, dosn't really interest me.

Pretty much all sports games, all point and clicky games (monkey island etc) and a lot of RTS's except SC2 (which I am shit at still despite playing to death).

mooSe_

FH is my second home
CoD games because I think they tend to be overhyped shit that loads of people lap up because they don't know any better, poor little console kiddies.

Never got into Deus Ex, dosn't really interest me.

Pretty much all sports games, all point and clicky games (monkey island etc) and a lot of RTS's except SC2 (which I am shit at still despite playing to death).

NP I teach you, you be diamond league EZ

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Red Dead Redemption, bought it but really couldn't be arsed playing it. Get the urge to after seeing cowboy movies, never follow through.

Like pikeh, most point and click games. I've only ever played one, Day of the Tentacle, actually finished it as well :D Remember being like 7 and having to enter DOS codes etc to get the game to boot up, I definitely deserve a prize for that shit.

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Heroes of Might and magic. Umm, saw some screenies and thought...fuck that, cba :s

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
Heroes of Might and magic. Umm, saw some screenies and thought...fuck that, cba :s

heroes of might and magic 2 was the first game i played on first pc.. its not much to look at.. but plays like a dream :)

never been one for FPS shooter after sega saturn (exhumed etc) so guess i missed a lot of those games.. all look the same anyway

ileks

Part of the furniture
Of the ones people always go on about: The Half Life games, Counter strike, Portal and nearly all the console exclusives. Minecraft springs to mind as well, it looks shit but everyone seems to love it.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
They will have lost their shine now but there really is no excuse for not having played every single Lucasarts point'n'click adventure right up to and including Grim Fandango. I know thats probably a touch hypocritical because theres bound to be games on my list that others feel the same way about but never has any one developer produced such a run of fantastic games as Lucasarts in the late 80's and 90's. The Monkey Island games, the Indiana Jones games, Day of the Tentacle, Sam'n'Max, Full Throttle, Grim Fandango... all classics. :)

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
I've been quite lucky with my gaming life and been able to play most games (thanks to Steam Sales) even if I didn't like them FF series WOW etc. Though I have missed out on the Uncharted and God of War series, as I don't own a PS3. The only access to a PS3 I have is my dads, but I tend to go round my parents to see them not play his PS3 lol.

pikeh

Resident Freddy

IDK, I played a little bit of that PS one, I cant remeber its name, with the dude and the girl... the guy with blonde hair, and I remember having to fish a tequila worm out of a bottle in order to open a door. I was like, wtf is this about? I just don't have the patience for them I don't think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom