What the hell is going on in Bridgend?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
17 teensage suicides in the last 12 months, 3 in February alone. Statistically that is abnormally high for such a small town. The authorities seem to be playing the situation down but it is very worrying to hear of that many kids killing themself from the same area in such a short time.

BBC NEWS | Wales | Teenager's body found in Bridgend

Any thoughts?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Emo kids the only inhabitants?

Usually only 3 suicides a year there out of 39,000 population. Currently running at 17 suicides so far this year, that seems like more than a statistical anomally to me.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
wierd but i mean what can you do to stop people from killing themselves?

i really hate to think it but there is a small part of me thats thinking "attention seekers" everyone under the age of 25 seems so desperate these days to be famous, not for doing anything mind you, just be famous that they seem to go to extra ordinary lengths to achieve this. There was that kid (well theres been a few tbh) in america and other places, who shot several of his school mates just to be famous. you got people who are famous for just being idiots (jade) or people who are just famous for shagging footballers (jordan) and having big boobs (jordan).

maybe this is just another form of fame seeking?

i dunno i dont want to believe this but with some of the crazy crap that people do to get in the papers it really isnt all that unbelievable any more.

Marc

FH is my second home
I reckon its a pact. The police are playing it down but I aint fooled.

gohan

FH is my second home
I reckon its a pact. The police are playing it down but I aint fooled.

is it suicide or is it a conspiricy maybe the teens all know somthing about the goverment :O :O :O

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
I've been reading up on some of this, and depending on were you look its "Wales is depressing" to "Suicide pacts" and "Cult Activity"... Christ for all we know they all decided to carry something out they saw on a soap opera.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
17 teensage suicides in the last 12 months, 3 in February alone. Statistically that is abnormally high for such a small town. The authorities seem to be playing the situation down but it is very worrying to hear of that many kids killing themself from the same area in such a short time.

BBC NEWS | Wales | Teenager's body found in Bridgend

Any thoughts?
you find that distubring, you should check greenland suicide rates, child molesting rates and alcohol rates - or just go to africa :<

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH
or maybe they have legitimate reasons which no one knows about:p
figures are high but cant just say that its all about glory seeking and emo sub-culture, don't know whats happening in their life tbh, and papers only tell you what they want you to think so cant really trust anything, open your minds people:p

found myself becoming a lot more aware of things now adays, don't read papers or watch tv really anymore, just annoying hearing about all these things happening unless its real news, rather than oh kerry katona's a fat druggy cos sun told me so, should put real news on like repercussions in burma or something

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
you find that distubring, you should check greenland suicide rates, child molesting rates and alcohol rates - or just go to africa :<

Been to South Africa bud, the murder rate is horrendous and sadly my best mates dad who we stayed with in Durban was shot during an attempted robbery at his home just before Christmas. Luckily it didn't hit anything vital and he made a full recovery.

Back to the topic at hand though, close to a 600% increase in the teenage suicide rate in a 12 month period for a small town of 40,000 people is very worrying. I would not be suprised if there was some hidden factor behind all of this as you never get these kind of statistical spikes in times of peace.

Dahakon

Fledgling Freddie
or its just a statistical anomaly, you said the average was supposed to be 3 a year, so that means some places will have much higher, and other lower. The human brain just like patterns, which is why stuff like this stands out.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Been to South Africa bud, the murder rate is horrendous and sadly my best mates dad who we stayed with in Durban was shot during an attempted robbery at his home just before Christmas. Luckily it didn't hit anything vital and he made a full recovery.

Back to the topic at hand though, close to a 600% increase in the teenage suicide rate in a 12 month period for a small town of 40,000 people is very worrying. I would not be suprised if there was some hidden factor behind all of this as you never get these kind of statistical spikes in times of peace.

yeah, south africa is mad when it comes to crime.

but greenland is sick. cant remember correct statistics but its something like: every 3rd under 19 or 25 has tried suicide, 25% of all girls has been sexually abused 75% lives in alcoholic sorroundings.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
yeah, south africa is mad when it comes to crime.

but greenland is sick. cant remember correct statistics but its something like: every 3rd under 19 or 25 has tried suicide, 25% of all girls has been sexually abused 75% lives in alcoholic sorroundings.

Shit, that is pretty fucked up. :(

There are so few people there (60,000) I think Europe should allow the young people to emigrate over here if they want, if it stops young lives being wasted it would be worth it.

~Latency~

Can't get enough of FH
maybe the film pulse has something to do with it.... RUN FOR THE HILLS!

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
maybe they all attended one of those lovely churches where the priest likes to pie hole the choir.

Zede

Part of the furniture
or its just a statistical anomaly, you said the average was supposed to be 3 a year, so that means some places will have much higher, and other lower. The human brain just like patterns, which is why stuff like this stands out.

nail on the head !

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Or My Chemical Romance had a 'fan day' signing session there?

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH
suicide is a sin in the eyes of catholicism
it means you cannot assend to heaven when you die, your soul will be sent to hell where it will be torn into thousands of pieces bladibla

cant really make suicide illegal really as far as im aware?

Ezteq

Queen of OT
i think it is tbh but its not enforced, or it was until quite reciently.

which always struck me as a bit silly i mean if you succeed then your brown bread and dont give a whoop but if you fail then go to prison well...i cant think of anything thatd make me mroe suicidal lol...except watching back to back neighbours/home and away *shudder*

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Yea suicide is a crime but obviously you can only ever actually be charged with attemped suicide - they cant very well go round slapping the cuffs on your body after you shoot yourself can they? :D I wonder if they would still tell you that you have the right to remain silent... FOREVER HAHAHAHaahahaaa :D ahem!

I saw a guy try to jump off of the tyne bridge once, he decided against it, but when he came down off of the bridge the coppers had him straight away.

Its definately a sin though, pretty bad one iirc.

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH
precisely, if it is illegal then that government is fucked to the core
hardly taking into consideration psychological issues that are pretty essential to distinguish and overcome rather than locking them up lol

someone i knew killed themself in my first year of uni, everyone in the building (favell house) heard glass breaking from the 7th floor so looked out and the guy was standing there then launched himself out onto a car... was friends with his girlfriend, who was breaking up with him and to stop her he tried to threaten to kill himself hence the window, then just did it ..pretty bad

Dukat

Resident Freddy
precisely, if it is illegal then that government is fucked to the core
hardly taking into consideration psychological issues that are pretty essential to distinguish and overcome rather than locking them up lol

I think the idea of locking them up is to put them in an environment where the issues can be dealt with - leaving people like that in public is worse imo, they're liable to try it a second time, and theres no guarantee they wont do something that could put other people's lives at risk.

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH
well putting them in jail isnt a very good solution, maybe a mental correction facility or something but not prison with actual criminals, calling suicide a crime is just a joke to be honest

Dukat

Resident Freddy
someone i knew killed themself in my first year of uni, everyone in the building (favell house) heard glass breaking from the 7th floor so looked out and the guy was standing there then launched himself out onto a car... was friends with his girlfriend, who was breaking up with him and to stop her he tried to threaten to kill himself hence the window, then just did it ..pretty bad

Sorry to hear about that mikah, but isnt it pretty selfish? I mean what about the guy's parents/brothers/sisters/friends?

I can half understand it when people lose everyone or if they're parents are abusing them so they have no one to go to, but to do it when you have a family and friends is just wrong, it ruin's thier lives.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
well putting them in jail isnt a very good solution, maybe a mental correction facility or something but not prison with actual criminals, calling suicide a crime is just a joke to be honest

Just because its a crime it doesnt mean it results in them going to prison, I dont think anyone is suggesting putting suicidal people in prison, I think its more to do with putting them into a hospital as you said so they can get help. I think its right to be a crime though.

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH
well you need to look a bit deeper, if someones that self-destructive theres generally something pretty huge to make them actually kill themselves deep down if they cant continue life, and maybe even their family have done something so horrific that no one knows about, abuse/rape etc

obviously i understand what you're saying but no one really knows whats happening in their mind and life

Dukat

Resident Freddy
well you need to look a bit deeper, if someones that self-destructive theres generally something pretty huge to make them actually kill themselves deep down if they cant continue life, and maybe even their family have done something so horrific that no one knows about, abuse/rape etc

obviously i understand what you're saying but no one really knows whats happening in their mind and life

Yea, good point I guess. I spose its a very individual thing when it comes down to it.

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
Brigend is in Wales isn`t it? what bigger reason would u need to end it all?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom