What the fuu has happened to the postal service?

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
Back in the day, I could wrap my car up in parcel paper, pop a 1st class stamp on and it would be recieved the next day.

Today I sent an A5 envelope containing 3 pieces of A4 paper.

SIXTY ONE FUCKING PENCE TO POST FIRST CLASS?

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
It's how the Royal Mail get themselves profitable... by driving customers away so they don't have to deliver as many letters/parcels.
What about those of us outside metropolitan areas that don't have any real choice in our parcel provider?

Oh yeah, it's difficult to email items from eBay... if someone had worked out how to do it, we'd have transporter technology a la Star Trek. :D

tris-

Maybe it is just me but an A5 envelope is rather small and 3 pieces of paper weighs about 3grams.

To me, that does not correlate to 61p worth of postage!

Jeros

Part of the furniture
I used to work as a postie

Pay up or no mailie for yousie :D

tris-

I used to work as a postie

Pay up or no mailie for yousie :D

Ezteq sent me something before which was about £375 underpaid according to a yellow sticker on it, but the postie still popped it in.

I can only assume he must of paid it for me!

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
best thing they ever did was a cover of against all odds by phil collins

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
61p aint right.. not for a5 containing 3 bits of paper (defo under 60 grams)

should be standard first class rate which i believe is 36p atm.

the pricing in proprtion rate only comes in at a4 size i think, which im guessing u knew since u send a5...

something wrong there...

tris-

I thought something was wrong as well.

I had to send it second class in the end as I couldnt afford the 61p :/

tris-

Nope.
I said to the bint on the counter '1st class'.
She inserted thje letter in to one of those templates they have the result was '61p'.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Hmm didn't know it was A5. Yeh seems a bit high.
I think the cutoff point is something like 4mm thick, at which point it has to go as a large letter.

tris-

Now Im certain that fucking bitch was ripping me off.
A friend posted me a birthday present and card in one of those bubble wrap envelopes and all shes stuck on that is a 1st class stamp!

What a complete post office bitch whore. I bet she kept the extra money to save up for a Mc Donalds cheese burger.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I always send mine from work so it costs me 34p...well it costs them 34p

and yeah, A5 fits into the standard letter category.

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
61p for that size mail? Disgraceful.

And in most places there's only one post a day. My house gets the post delivered at 3-4pm. I can go out, do a whole day's work and still get back before the fucking post. That is total shit for a company who is whining about losses etc. If they can't be arsed to try and work as a competitive business then re-nationalize them imo. I'd rather the public paid and they run at a loss and are more useful.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Now Im certain that fucking bitch was ripping me off.
A friend posted me a birthday present and card in one of those bubble wrap envelopes and all shes stuck on that is a 1st class stamp!

What a complete post office bitch whore. I bet she kept the extra money to save up for a Mc Donalds cheese burger.

Complain to the post master at the branch.

However if your letter did not fit the template then you are in the wrong.....

tris-

Whos side are you on, ch3tan? :(

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Well your envelope was small enough lenght wise to fit through the template, but if you did not fold the contents properly and it was thicker than 4mm - well, that is your fault.

JingleBells

FH is my second home
I just had to pay the Post Office £1.30 to get an envelope with a single piece of A4 paper in, which told me something I already knew.

Work "forgot" to put any form of postage on the envelope, bloody cost cutting measures :(

tris-

I had a 50p piece and im on the dole. All of my money, unfortunatley, has to be carefully segmented :/

Ezteq

Queen of OT
its not really the price of postage i get pissy about its the fact that you pay this silly amount and they never bother to post your item on time. I've lot track of the number of things I've sent to people for xmas/birthdays etc and it never arrives.

mind you i do like to also use this to explain why i never get any nice post...i just tell myself it got lost in the mail :(

though the fucking bills never get lost do they? Noooo

bastards

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom