What the F**K

G

I just got a text from a debt collection agency asking me to call them, i did and it was about a debt i paid off 8 months ago, my question isnt about debt , its really about how they got my information, how they can legally text me, and how long they hold the inforamtion about me (obviously incorrect info as i piad the debt, and can they sell that info to anyone else)

surely thats wrong/not legal

Earl

Fledgling Freddie
I think this falls under this part of the data protection act of 1998:
"Personal data processed for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes"

I think you need to contact the information commissioner, more info is at http://www.informationcommissioner.gov.uk

G

i spoke to the guy and he said they kept the detilas for 4 years in their archivem that cant be right as they could sell it on to some other firms

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Write them a letter saying you no longer authorise them to contact you in the future or give out your details to any other company

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Earl said:
I think this falls under this part of the data protection act of 1998:
"Personal data processed for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes"

I think you need to contact the information commissioner, more info is at http://www.informationcommissioner.gov.uk

brooky said:
i spoke to the guy and he said they kept the detilas for 4 years in their archivem that cant be right as they could sell it on to some other firms

This is where the DPA is a bit vague; "necessary purpose" is arguable; they could say they need to keep the data for 4 years because it might be necessary to pass on the data in case of CCJs etc. Obviously in this case, you've paid the bill and they've fucked up, but in general they'll be able to justify the 4 year figure (in fact I thought it was five years for bad debt info).

G

experian and equifax keep the info for 6 years but the debt collection company dont need to hold it for that long, i have had to pay again to stop my ability to get credit being affected, i have complained to the DPA and lets see what happens, (it was only £4.57)

Clown

Part of the furniture
Data protection forum, for fucks sake to be honest what the fuck.

G

off topic clowneh comment, ah the lamented smell or lard

Clown

Part of the furniture
Wow. Brooky. Complaining. About. Off. Topic.
Wow.

G

ahargh, munkeys alive, no quatar bomb can kill the munkeyness

Munkey

Can't get enough of FH
:D

Know some of the cast who were there though, they're shook up alot. The guy who died was really popular amongst the expats and students at the school he taught at.

But thankfully nothing else. Still jumpy everytime i hear a bang though.

Funny story: Cleaning people in this country are indians, they're almost always given the worst jobs, anyway they have it ingrained into them to clean up anything. And i mean anything. So the forensic unit from Scotland yard arrived a few days ago, goes to the bomb site..........and finds they've cleaned up everything, leaving no evidence behind whatsoever. So now all they have to investiage are pieces of wreckage that landed in the playing field of the school next door. Dumb, dumb country.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom