What Tank would you pick?

Lueclin

Fledgling Freddie
im just wondering what tank would you Pick in a RvR grp? trying to finde out what class to roll Blademaster or Champion.

Elkie

Can't get enough of FH
champs are very nice but your best bet would be a bm m8

Aerendur

Fledgling Freddie
Id say it depends on what you want. And if there are already some friends out there you prefer to team up with and then see what combines best with them.

BM is overall most liked for tank oriented groups. But there should really be at least one champ in a squad for the util they bring.

If you also like to solo, then I would say the champ brings a bit more than the bm.

Vamp is still a weird grouping char. With the right spec they can become unkillable (40% magic resist or 20% melee resist on top of usual ones). But in dmg output they do run slightly behind perhaps (since your using power for defense and not the claw dmg). Also great to solo with though and if played well they interrupt like no other.

Last but surely not least is the hero. They get a nice boost soon and still bring good dmg and insane defense to the table.

So choose what you wish to do and then pick one. As long as your having fun it wont matter much anyway! ;)

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
"But in dmg output they do run slightly behind perhaps"

I tried 48 dem for 100k rps, and I found Dem to be fantastic at intererupting with good survivability, but that comes at the price of gimp damage.

Vamps are fine, but the thing is, if you want to group you should roll a BM, as vamps don't get groups easily - people want BMs.

Nix

Fledgling Freddie
Mirt said:
"But in dmg output they do run slightly behind perhaps"

I tried 48 dem for 100k rps, and I found Dem to be fantastic at intererupting with good survivability, but that comes at the price of gimp damage.

Vamps are fine, but the thing is, if you want to group you should roll a BM, as vamps don't get groups easily - people want BMs.

I still can't understand why BMs are so much preferred over vamps... Vamp makes an excellent BL bomber, no matter if he dies, just PR or GoLM charge and he's up and floating again... Fumble debuff can annoy enemy train quite a bit, effectiveness debuff, mezz and all other shit. Dementia and VE vamps are very viable group chars in my opinion, especially well played ones. They can bring so much more on the board than a BM.

I'm not saying that vamps are superior to BMs, but why take two BMs when you could get more out of BM+vamp duo?

2xdruid, bard, warden, light eld, BM, hero should be the core of a good Hib group after 1.82, last spot for whoever gets his hand up first! (a vamp or champ is a good choice for this last spot, for strong melee group)

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
Vamps can have advantages, as can champs.

A vamp can't threeshot a tank for instance, a champ can with banespike + rr5.

Nix

Fledgling Freddie
Naffets said:
Vamps can have advantages, as can champs.

A vamp can't threeshot a tank for instance, a champ can with banespike + rr5.

Ouch! I didn't know what Champ RR5 ability was until I checked it now. I'd love to have huge hits on Alb plate for 20secs on my vamp too :)

How much extra damage does banespike give btw? I still don't have it...

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
"I still can't understand why BMs are so much preferred over vamps... "

1) CD rear and side styles
2) Determination + Stoicism
3) Better survibality vs melee: adv evade, RI vs Leather, rr5, malice / battler
4) More consistant damage (vamps only do decent damage with eye shot, or vs those woth poor resists)
5) Because people have prefered them for ages, and don't like to try new things for fear of what others might say / think.

Nix

Fledgling Freddie
Mirt said:
"I still can't understand why BMs are so much preferred over vamps... "

1) CD rear and side styles
2) Determination + Stoicism
3) Better survibality vs melee: adv evade, RI vs Leather, rr5, malice / battler
4) More consistant damage (vamps only do decent damage with eye shot, or vs those woth poor resists)

SSsshhh... Everyone doesn't have to know ;)

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
6) It's easier to play a bm than a vamp. Most vamps out there have absolutely no idea on how to play properly.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Hero because i'm loving my little Luri hero "Spiders" he's so much fun to play and doesn't die in 2 seconds flat like just about every other character I play.

Mind you I wouldn't group me, I'm sh!t at this game and prat about far too much having a laugh :)

Punishment

Resident Freddy
I got my Hero rr5/7 B4 i got bored of him tbh , still a 50 shield 50 lw reast parry hero has huge potential in rvr , 700+ damage with a level 7 anytime style etc :D

And have u ever tried to hit a hero with 50+15 shield +moblocking 3 and 350 dex , its just not happenning :D

Then i rolled my Bm Intimidation and didnt really try rvr too much on him even tho he nearly rr4 , as i dont have time to get banespike on him i cba till he has it to play him , but i will as he has an ubernice template <3

All and all i find blademaster more fun , but im kinda addicted to my shade atm , but maybe when she rr5+respec+revamped template i might play bm again , id go bm tbh <Sowwy Punishment my old friend>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom