What server type would you rather play?

What server type do you most like to play on?

• Classic

Votes: 37 21.6%
  • TOA

Votes: 92 53.8%
  • Pvp

Votes: 21 12.3%
  • A wow server!

Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Don't care

Votes: 9 5.3%

• Total voters

Thadius

Part of the furniture
What server type would you most like to play?

Classic - No buffbots, no mad TOA runs that can take ages to get, quite cheapish items(least on the US serveres)

ToA/Normal servers - Buffbots needed to comepete, Toa(can involve farming for that certain item that drops from an arti mob), Can be expensive to buy rarer stuff(see point before). Usually these servers are where people started out on, least on the EU server

PVP servers - Buffbots, TOA, Griefers(ie those who cannot take it when there lowbie has been killed and resort to logging a level 50 class to grief people)

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
where is the A.N.OTHER option? - im currently playing lord of the rings online (and it is FANTASTIC!!!!)

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
I'd rather play TOA since I have TOA'd chars, if I was starting fresh it'd have to be classic, dont have the time for TOA really..

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
It's actually often easier to template a TOA toon these days.
One arti run at level 46 and you can have half your template done.
The toa abilities also mean the rest is easier to farm with smaller numbers.

Once you can buy ML's with bounty points it's almost going to be easier to get RVR ready on a TOA server than a classic server.

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
I'm awkward, i'd prefer a ToA server without buffbots.

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
Its not biased, its how the servers ARE

it's not? call me crazy but i just get the slight feeling that you favor ''classic'' servers.

although i do agree on the ''buffbots needed to compete'' thing. would be nice without them tbh. just be rezzed and ready to go again. but to be fair i wouldn't want to live without fully capped buffs so that kinda makes me a hypocrit, don't it?

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
his explanation is as biased as all hell but the poll options aren't so I'll not repost it :)

Thadius

Part of the furniture
his explanation is as biased as all hell but the poll options aren't so I'll not repost it :)

But its not biased though :)

Thats how the servers are!
Classics you DONT have buffbots, classic in the US has cheap items compared to the TOA ones :(

Rhana

Fledgling Freddie
Classic here.. Sure I have ToA:ed toons on prydwen.. but that dosent meen a thing to me. Classic is planely more fun on every level (IMO)

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Thadius said:

Classics you DONT have buffbots, classic in the US has cheap items compared to the TOA ones :(

It's how you may perceive the servers. Saying it's unbiased is just a blatent lie however.

The Laby drops "required" to make a decent template on classic are every bit as expensive as the rare stuff on TOA servers. ML's take around 12 hours /played to get to ML10 these days tops, and since your more likely to have 2 accounts on a TOA server then you'll probably PL it meaning getting to 50 and ML10 will actually be faster than leveling to 50 on a classic server.

I won't even begin with your description of the PvP servers. Your description could of simply been:
PvP server - pile of crap
and it would of been less biased!

It's about as unbiased as a politician during voting season..

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Well, as it's a MMORPG, the one with the most content every time.

TOA

Darzil

Amanita

Part of the furniture
When I played Glastonbury ML raids were just replaced by Darkspire raids which was actually even more boring Oo I am also a natural kleptomaniac so I love the challange of getting the rare items that I want :)

And yeah, your reasoning is very biased there Thadius.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH

Not really mate, it's far harder to make the cash on classic.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Not really mate, it's far harder to make the cash on classic.

Found it a piece of piss tbh, had 2 plat from getting to level 50. Rest came from doing a couple of the new lotm quests, which gave me about 8 plat overall.

The joys of Darkspire on the US servers is that all the items you need are done by the Chinese cash farmers, so everything is on the cms.

I havent been on one darkspire raid on the classic servers and ended up getting all the ds items I needed on 4 of my level 50s there.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
I'd play on classic if it really was classic and not with catacombs, darkness rising etc.

Other than that, I'd pick a normal toa server.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
just me or does this sound abit biased

Very much so. Thadius might as well have said "I think Classic servers are the best, who agrees with me?"...but most people have voted TOA anyway so that's OK :D

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Found it a piece of piss tbh, had 2 plat from getting to level 50. Rest came from doing a couple of the new lotm quests, which gave me about 8 plat overall.

The joys of Darkspire on the US servers is that all the items you need are done by the Chinese cash farmers, so everything is on the cms.

I havent been on one darkspire raid on the classic servers and ended up getting all the ds items I needed on 4 of my level 50s there.

4 plat would get you a couple of rings on classic if you were lucky, you could get templated using drops for most of the rest but it wouldn't be as well tailored as a partially crafted set. I know because I did it the cheap way too! lol

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
I'd rather have TOA without the buff bots in rvr, dont mind them in PVE but think its' daft that they're allowed to function in rvr at all. Should have the same rules as classic for them, wouldn't stop use but would cut it down.

Everz

FH is my second home
Pvp, whats more fun then killing someone who bugs you?

Rhana

Fledgling Freddie
I found it easier to get cash on classic then on ToA, its a fact, just looking through my toons and see that the littel buggers can aford to go out partying in the end of the month in a way my prydwen toons cant.

Maybe it has nothing to do with server type but what realm you play? -Yes, a question, I dont state that it is that way-

In my case:
ToA: I play Mid, have a Sup SM for moderna, a BD for solo farming and used to team up with a mate and farm larger things with an Aug healer-Pac/mend (I think he is, cant remember) and I playing an Aug/mend shaman, warrior for raid like farming (TG ect).
Classic: I play Alb, have a necro, a friar, melee tic, caster tic, working on an armsman.. No ice wizzy

Malcolm

Can't get enough of FH
erm where's the Co-operative and RP server options then?

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Thadius said:

I wonder if you played on the TOA servers in the states as well?
If the chinese farmers do them as well it's going to be an identical situation and have nothing at all to do with server type.

I'll try to put some slightly more objective pro's and cons of the server types together.

TOA:
More PvE content - Large raids.
Buffbots, while everyone complains about these, on classic you've got to use pots/charges constantly to compete. Assuming that everyone walks around unbuffed is just silly. If you've got 2 accounts then buffbots are a less demanding way of getting to the same state for the lazy people.

Classic:
Before 50! Since people don't often have 2 accounts PL'ing is less common so there's more people playing up characters. Since you don't need to drag a bot round while doing it you find much more action in the BG's. It is actually possible to play to 50 only via RvR.

I prefer the classic ruleset below level 40 and the TOA ruleset once you're over 40. I'm currently on classic, simply because there's more people there and a busy server > empty server.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom