What mp3 player do you use?

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Just interested to see what you kind folks are using to play your music on your PC's. After using Creative MediaSource for a while (sounded best on my Xi-Fi card and I liked the inbuilt file explorer) I have rediscovered Winamp and I must say it's excellent. Plays everything under the sun, and has the best CD ripper I've used. Rips a CD to lovely FLAC in about 5 minutes, tags everything properly, puts the album in its own directory and will even get the cover art for it too.

Helme

Resident Freddy
WMP, coz it works with my keyboard and Winamp doesn't.

Kryten

Old Cow.
Foobar, does everything I need it to and it's tiny, not self-extravigant, not owned by AOL and just works. Even the wife uses it. :)

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
What I like about Winamp is it remains mercifully AOL free, it's still Winamp, just got a bit more web finctionality built in. Seems to use less processor than the others I've tried which means I can listen to music and game at the same time.

Kryten

Old Cow.
Just downloaded Winamp, first time I've used it for something like 5/6 years. Not too bad, once you've told it to stop being silly by calling home, usage stats and the usual things to turn off, it doesn't seem bad. Uses more juice than Foobar and it's a tad slower indexing my collection but as it only needs to do that once, that's not a problem.
I like the new playlist editor/media library manager, which is lightyears beyond WMP and rather better than Foobar.
Will I replace Foobar with it? Don't know, unlikely for the time being I think, but it's recommendable definitely.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
VLC on lappy and Win Amp on main PC. Also use WMP to sync my Creative Zen 16Gb Player and create playlists.

SheepCow

Bringer of Code
I'm a foobar user, it does everything.

Autoplaylists (things like recently played, top rated etc), media library, tagging etc, uses less memory than notepad and is yummy fast.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
i use winamp and love it, handles lots of music better than anything ive used (Media Player tends to spaz out over large playlists and becomes difficult to find anything in!)

Yaka

Part of the furniture
Foobar, does everything I need it to and it's tiny, not self-extravigant, not owned by AOL and just works. Even the wife uses it. :)

aye foobar, some nice addons out for it as well

Chilly

Balls of steel
winamp, have done for at least 7 years, wont be changing any time soon unless something seriously good comes out with a J FUNCTION.

SheepCow

Bringer of Code
winamp, have done for at least 7 years, wont be changing any time soon unless something seriously good comes out with a J FUNCTION.

Isn't 'J' just search? My foobar does that for j but that's only because I bound it to 'j' as about 6 years ago I used Winamp ;)

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Currently iTunes, it actually does a v. good job of keeping my Library managed how I want and it's just the sensible choice given I've got an iPhone. Used to be Winamp but they fucked about with it too much and I got bored.

Dark Orb Choir

Loyal Freddie
Winamp all the way, using the original skin though, i first used it in 1998 when it got bundled with Brandy and Monica "the boy is mine" mp3

Jesus, that's 10 years ago :(

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Winamp.

Nothing I have used touches it, Trying to convince mt mate to stear away from iTunes and use Winamp but hes a bit Stubborn.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
foobar2k eh :) former winamp addict though. also, I use evillplayer on the lappy.

must faff the album art thingy though. not done that yet :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom