What level for master levels?

Merlio

Fledgling Freddie
Hey guys.

Just wondering what level you need to be to complete master levels?

I know you need to be 40 to start them but what about getting ml2 or 3 etc? Is it possible to have a lvl40 ML10 character?

Seems to be alot of confusion out there about this, just wondering if anyone could clear it up for me.

Many thanks

Merl

Merlio

Fledgling Freddie
Spiffontherun said:
0_o ... Seeking advise from other sources ;)

hehe yeh i need to be sure of this, otherwise i need to crack on with the pl again before the rush ;)

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
Well you will level up from doing MLs if you start them as L40 I would think.
ML7 group steps especially are very good XP.

As for level caps - then I know of one that was (at least one) that has been removed in a patch(1.69?) - because I couldn't get the step with a L45- back in the early days of ToA, but I could get this patch with a L44.

Merlio

Fledgling Freddie
thx mate, thats generally the impression i am getting from most people i have asked, so i will assume i can do any master lvls as long as i am level 40 and have done the other required master levels.

If anyone know any better please let me know ;)

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
I'm currently on ML6 with my lvl45 RM, however you will need help when it comes to the solo steps.

1.5 I needed a Healer on the outside helping me, no questions about it - the mobs couldn't be snared or rooted which made kiting impossible and my nukes hardly did anything so I ended up pretty much meleeing him w/ PBT running and QCing nukes when I could.

2.8 I needed an SM to use the pet-bug for me, again there was no realistic way I could have killed him solo.

6.5(?) i'm trying at the moment, but again. Salamander's are so quick that even when snareDD'd they still get too close, too quickly and the area doesn't exactly lend itself to kiting.

So yeah, its possible. But don't expect it to be easy by any measure of the word. (and yes, ML5 is also great XP - I made almost a full level doing the grp-steps :D)

Esran

Fledgling Freddie
For 6.5, collecting the bits (frozen glands?) off the Salamanders can be done with a group. Only the last bits (grabbing the four bits to make the hammer and then sorting out the big Sally) need to be solo-ed.

2.8 is certainly the most likely showstopper though.

Merlio

Fledgling Freddie
thx everyone, will give it a go anyway ;) If i cant do 2.8 then will have to pl a bit more :(

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
I'm not looking forward to the ML2.8 with my RM at all.
It was hard with my healer at L46 even with buffs from a shaman in group and borrowed SCed equipment.
It was very easy with my SM unbuffed and solo at L44 (intercepting pet)

As far as I know - it should (currently) be possible to stand on the first plateau up the stairs and then spread heals should reach the person doing the trial, although I've not tested this myself - so it is hearsay.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Merlio said:
I know you need to be 40 to start them but what about getting ml2 or 3 etc?
Still level 40. There were a few bugs with certain steps needing higher levels: but those are now fixed. This is usually the source of confusion when people say you need higher level for some steps.

Is it possible to have a lvl40 ML10 character?
No. The xp you earn while doing the MLs would make it very difficult to get to ML10 without at least 1 or 2 levels gained :p In theory it is possible though .....

Merlio

Fledgling Freddie
Draylor said:
No. The xp you earn while doing the MLs would make it very difficult to get to ML10 without at least 1 or 2 levels gained :p In theory it is possible though .....

hehe i can live with that :)

Heath

Fledgling Freddie
I tried to get my Scout (lvl 40) into a ML 1 group a while back...only to be told to FO because i was lvl 40 and could not do damage !!!...i am sure i can do more damage than some BB's that get to tag along at that level !.

People are far too fussy about lvls imo. After all..they were lvl 40+ at one time. Hitting 50 does not make you leet. Nor does it make you indestructable. Give a little thought for the poor lvl 40 (because ToA MLs can start then) who is just trying to get along.

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Form the group-step groups yourself, that way if anyone does make a fuss you can tell them to fuck off. I'm serious, there's no better feel in the game at current than being lvl42 and telling a lvl50 Zerka he can take his damage and shove it up his ass :D

If i cant do 2.8 then will have to pl a bit more

A good work aorund for this is to get a pet class to help you, before you start the encounter get the pet-user to go up to the pad and leave his pet up there switched onto aggro. Get him to come back down (or stay half-way up where he won't be ported. I don't think it makes much difference) - start the encounter and go up, the pet won't aggro 'till you speak with the guy up there. At which point its a good bet the pet will get aggro off you if your not lvl50.

Thats how I got around it anyway, like sombody else said. I think you can also get in range of spreadheals and being grouped doesn't effect your credit.

Honestly, at times i'm thankful for the 'bugs' in TOA. I know i'd have given up on 1.5 if they wern't in (I mean seriously, how the fuck is a sub-50 caster supposed to kill a mob who can't be snared or rooted? :eek7: )

Yussef

Fledgling Freddie
It's 40 for all steps now I believe. Aerus City recently had a level requirement of 45 I think, Colossal was only awarding credit to level 50's for a while. I think that during early TOA beta stages, level requirements were in place for ML's, 40, 45 and 50 level requirements or something, but those got removed.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
For 2.8 it is possble to have a spread healer keep you alive - I found that standing at the top of the first ramp, with a FoP and spread healing whoever was doing the trial worked just fine. (Group heals work too ofc).

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Heres my advice for ANYONE struggling with 2.8 - and to a degree 1.5.

Firstly, take a load of healing potions, on 2.8 you can step out of the ring and drink one before resuming combat.

Get yourself one or two cheap any-qual staves, and ask a nice alchy to put on a 64 DOT charge. /use the stave in the ring, any damage you do to this mob helps. Having more than one stave with different damage types helps if combat takes forever.

Try to borrow any armour with lifetap on it, the Modernagrav Hauberk from Mothers children quest for example.

Healers and casters make sure you have a decent and high con weapon, dont go in with a 15dps 90% con staff, you wont melle it with that easily.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Heath said:
I tried to get my Scout (lvl 40) into a ML 1 group a while back...only to be told to FO because i was lvl 40 and could not do damage !!!...i am sure i can do more damage than some BB's that get to tag along at that level !
Only, the purpose of a BB (and a cleric or other support character as well) is not to do damage, but to support the group. A scout, on the other hand, is a damage dealer, so yes, I can see their point. The "FO" part was uncalled for, though (and besides, that kind of treatment would not happen if you joined a guild group). :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom