What laptop to use?

Tosen

Part of the furniture
Anyone have any good notes to what I should look for, when picking a laptop.

I'm going to serve the danish queen (soon king I hope), and will need a laptop so I can continue playing even tho I'm not at home with my stationaries.
So what laptop would you guys pick?

I've been looking on a few different acer pc's but can't really find something equal to my stationary, which costs less than £1500 / 15000,- dkr.

So what should I look for? 1gb ddr ram on laptop, is that needed? it's only for playing daoc, and using fh...

Also what kind of processor should I pick? I'm fond of my AMD64 bit, but what's best for laptops? Centrino? P4? And how fast would a FAST laptop be?

No need to comment on what other people's answers will be here, this is for some guidelines only. Just an "I've heard..."-thread, so let's keep it informative and clean.

Kindest Regards
Toby

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Tosen said:
I'm going to serve the danish queen (soon king I hope),

ooh ooh ooh whucha doing?

lemme guess
1) dark and sinister adviser that wears black and walks about stroking sinister facial hair whilst going Hmmm

2) royal assasin, walking about wearing dark but cunningly shaded clothing being irrisistable to the maids and making witty retorts whislt in royal presance.

3) scullary maid (if your feeling a tad fruity) wearing your bonnet at a jaunty angle and saying things like "yus m'lady" whilst bowing backwards and leaving the room with a tea tray.

4) stable boy, to the beautiful yet cold and cruel princess but warming her with your honest and humble countanance thus breaking through the frosty exterior and embarking on a torrid romance with lots of bodice ripping (hers or yours, this day and age anythings possible!) and aspiring to become future king, only to have your hopes dashed when the dark and sinister advisor intervienes and while stroking his menacing facial hair tells you that he will marry the princess, sending you off to look after the horses in the other castle and then walking off going Bwahahahhahaha!!

5) or are you off to be royal buffbot and save the queen from nerfing and zergs in a far off land?

am i right am i am i hu hu hu do i win?

[hopes her complete and total lack of knowledge about anything lap top related has gone un noticed]

Tosen

Part of the furniture
The queen's lifeguard :)

One of those who wear a silly bear hat! ;O

Soha

Fledgling Freddie
atleast something with an standalone gfx card.
centrino is ok if u want long uptime but as ussally when u play it eats power so plug it in
so i would go for an p4~2.6-3.2ghz or an amd64 512mb ram is ok but 1gb is better =)

tried nightsale on random shop? ..... .. . .. normally lower prices than daytime ....

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Tosen said:
The queen's lifeguard :)

One of those who wear a silly bear hat! ;O

:worthy: aww excellant, will you be able to post a piccy of you in your uniform?

p.s does it involve bodice ripping?

Tosen

Part of the furniture
Yea I can make my own "I'm a soldier" - calendar ;)

But I'm not sure that would earn me rep points :(

Tosen

Part of the furniture
Soha said:
atleast something with an standalone gfx card.
centrino is ok if u want long uptime but as ussally when u play it eats power so plug it in
so i would go for an p4~2.6-3.2ghz or an amd64 512mb ram is ok but 1gb is better =)

tried nightsale on random shop? ..... .. . .. normally lower prices than daytime ....

Thanks mate, I wasn't too sure what the ghz span is for good gaming on a laptop, since most of them are ~1.6-2 ghz. Standalone gfx? Thanks! I never noticed that they use shared ram! Would have been quite lousy with 128 shared gfx :D

Ezteq

Queen of OT
promise i'll rep you if you post a pic with your bear hat on :D

Tosen

Part of the furniture
Found one...
AMD 64bit 3200+ processor
1024 DDR Ram
80GB hdd
128 MD dedicated gfx card (ATI Radeon Express PCI)
Dual layer DVD burner
15.4" WXGA tft screen
6'in'1 card reader
FireWire + 4x USB
Wireless ethernet 10/100 LAN

£800 :D

arguyle

Fledgling Freddie
hmmm should prolly get my cousin to treat you bad :D he usualy gets the new guys

Tosen

Part of the furniture
...Er han i livgarden? Høvelte Kaserne :D ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom