What kind of computer do u need...

N

Nemue

Contemplating to get another account, but i'm a bit unsure what it takes to run 2 accounts on the same computer.

I would guess it's mostly a question of available RAM memory, so
if anyone is running 2 accounts on the same, could u please post ur computer speccs and tell me how well it's working with 2 accounts running simultaneously? =)

K

Kicks

XP2800
Abit NF7 Mobo
1 Gig DDR RAM
Radeon 9700
Maxtor 80Gig HD
Windoze xp pro

2 accounts run fine, sticking is a pain in the arse but no slow down unless there a huge zerg i.e RR etc. I run both accounts at 1024x768 and max clip/shadows/effects etc

A

adari

I run 2 accounts on my supah PIII 800 with 512 mb ram just fine :p

S

Shrye

XP1800
512 DDR RAM
Gforce4 ti4200

Runs smoothly with two accounts, just remember to put game.dll on lowest priority and sticking ain't a problem either.

O

oblivion_6

i was runnin 2 accts on a

athlon 850
1gb ram
ti4600

and it worked fine

E

Elomiem

well,atm im running 2 on a
xp3200+
gf fx 5900
1024 mb ddr 477
soyo dragon ultra black mobo
285 gb hd (3 disks)
win 2000 pro

stick no problem,both on 1280*1024 with all effects on

a tip is that it runs way smoother on my win2k3 enterprise than under win2k but it happens easier that the game freezes for some secs under 2k3

T

Thorgald

Originally posted by Shrye
just remember to put game.dll on lowest priority and sticking ain't a problem either.

And that can be done how?? :)

D

Danya

dual xp 2400+, gf4 ti4600, 1gb ram - runs fine with two, not even using full CPU. Main slowdown factor for me is the graphics card, I run one or both without SI water to keep FPS high.

E

Elomiem

ehh,go to task manager,right click game.dll,go to priority,click lowest....have u never done anything else then play games or what :p

J

JoxerTheMighty

Originally posted by Elomiem
ehh,go to task manager,right click game.dll,go to priority,click lowest....have u never done anything else then play games or what :p

Thanks but what do you mean by anything else - what other possible use than gaming can a PC have?

E

Elomiem

ah well,even if i know ure j/king i can tell u what else u can do with and on a pc...
1: PROGRAMM,Script etc (C,C++,VB,VB+,PHP,HTML,XML,JAVA,JS...etc..how do u think all the games are made :p )
2: Graphics etc ( Cad,Bryce,Photoshop,Autocad,Terragen(one of my favs.),Maya etc..how do u think the game graphics are made :p )
3:Web stuff (ftp,http servers,forums etc...how do u think the game community works :p )...
well,those are imo the most important uses for a pc..and maybe gaming comes 4th or so..

well,without those 3 above there wouldnt be any games :D

J

JoxerTheMighty

got a point there, Elo

I dont understand 50% of the shortforms you are using but you must be right :)

O

old.m0000

im on a athlon xp 2700
1 gig ddr ram (PC3200, 200mhz fsb, but running at 166)
Leadtek Geforce 4 4800se 8x (128 meg ddr)

can run 2 SI daocs no problem

ofc u still cant stick one to another cuz u get lag in the window that you aint currently in (most resources swaps to the daoc window you have in focus) but its fine for bots - no lag in the main daoc

O

old.m0000

how :*(

ive never been able to do that
unless other one is on a diff comp

they run fine for like 2/3 screens but the one which aint in focus runs slightly slower and so after like 30 sec it loses stick :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom