What is your philosophy?

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
Outlander said:
Life sucks, then your born.

difference between humans and anmals is animals crap where they eat :p

(oh and they do it in the woods too :D)

So that meal we had last week, meant nothing to you ?

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
As someone alot better than me once said :

You come into this world Screaming , covered in blood and then some Guy smacks you hard on the ass .. after than it gets worse ;P

Honestly i don't believe that ( well it's true till you get the gets worse part).
I treat people with how i like to be treated, plain and simple . So hence i do try to help people when i can , I don't always as sometimes yes i'm busy , but i like to be treated with Dignity , respect , and consideration and ofc Fairly. If everyone did this , we would all just get along :clap:

and to all of you going on with your dogma about life s00ks and stuff ....

Sorry my Karma Just ran over your Dogma

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
[SS]Gamblor said:
As someone alot better than me once said :

You come into this world Screaming , covered in blood and then some Guy smacks you hard on the ass .. after than it gets worse ;P

Honestly i don't believe that ( well it's true till you get the gets worse part).
I treat people with how i like to be treated, plain and simple . So hence i do try to help people when i can , I don't always as sometimes yes i'm busy , but i like to be treated with Dignity , respect , and consideration and ofc Fairly. If everyone did this , we would all just get along :clap:

and to all of you going on with your dogma about life s00ks and stuff ....

Sorry my Karma Just ran over your Dogma

hmm, well i personally find it hard to treat people like how i would want to be treated. ofcourse i do sometimes, but rarely all the time, if my friends having some sort of crisis it depends what it is, if its something that i really think they need to just shut up about because its pathetic id tell them. now if i was in there situation id want a comforting shoulder or whatever, but in the end id preffer someone to tell me to stfu and get a grip because, well thats just the way it is. but if its something that i think is serious id be a nice person. not quiet sure where im going with this so mooooooooo:m00:

oh and theres a difference between metal and emo. people who listen to metal are usually quiet cool,l people who listen to emo usually just want to die, stuff like my chemical romance is emo, cause its someone whinging on for about 4 albums about how his ex dumped him for a goat coz it gave better head or something.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
seel wrote:BTW Ezteq, i have black nails, black hair, listen to metal and i don't think of killing myself or be all grim deathdeath...nor does many of my metal friends.

lol please accept my apology it was merely me trying to make a visual example (if i'd said a glowing blonde in a pink floral print dress, it wouldnt have really worked) however from my own personal experiance when i was at school (yes they did exist back then) the kids in my year who were all gothy did tend to drone on and on about how depressed they were and how suicide would be really cool...

so its that thingymajig about generalisation again, we cant say "all goths are depressive suicide emo wannabes" but at the same time we have to accept that infact, some are, just like we cant say "all blondes are thick" because theyre not but we must accept that some blondes are thick, so are some brunetes and quite possibly the occasional red head, not everone who wears glasses is a boffin with a brain the size of minnisota but some are and so on and so forth, so if you see me using a particular character group to illustrate a point please remember that i truely believe in the generalisation thing (that your cant do it i mean) and please dont take offence, however for my part i shall try to remember to add a tag at the end stating that *all subjects used to illustarte the point made are purley fictitious, although someone like them must exist but this wasnt based on them, unless i actually know that person irl in which case it is based on them*

fin.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Chill. Just wanted to make a point.

Furthermore...black nails+ black hair doesn't equal goth :p

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
radix malorum est cupiditas

The love of money is the root of all evil

Ezteq

Queen of OT
old.Tohtori said:
Chill. Just wanted to make a point.

Furthermore...black nails+ black hair doesn't equal goth :p
lol sorry, actually i used to paint my claws black and i would have loved to have had black hair, but i can't dye my hair the colour just doesnt sink through... so i guess there's a spot of jealousy here for all the dark haired beaut-eeee's oot there.

[unrelated] also got a sodding unwanted surprise in the post today so need to talk as much as possible to vent my spleen.

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie
Ezteq said:
[unrelated] also got a sodding unwanted surprise in the post today so need to talk as much as possible to vent my spleen.

A bill?

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
seemingly this thread has evolved some what like the human race, so lets see, well we are animals its quite obvious. when i say this, i am refering to our own survival instincts. in the end of the day, if there was a cure for u and a friend from a life threatening disease would u give it to ure friend or use it?

cba to quote, but animals may not have noticable morales, but they do learn, how else does a bird learn to fly?

on the whole what is life about. i found the best answer is this, what lenardo da vinchi said, "i thought i was learning to live, but i was really learning to die" when it comes down to it, u enter the world with nothing and u exit it with nothing to. just when u exit it, ure conscience plays a role depending if u beleive in religion, most people dont, due to the whole damnation and morales u have to uphold to go through life. one of the earliest laws in my books. but people will still pray when they see death staring at them

such as a beast asserts male superiority through violence, man also does, like a lion of a pack, making others do his bidding take any comander, general or king. bush probarly the most notable example i can give in this day and age.

Yes money is our pinicle our top of chain but there isnt really much diffrence when u think of it outside the box, to the animal kingdom. the whole primative man uses violence to get rep, well, why does man work in the gym all day, apart from trying to get laid? yup just as how animals use violence to get laid and will often fight for a female. anyone seeing a pattern?

morales? what, morales? hah i find it quite laughable at best, that anyone can say the human race has more morales then any vulcher. i mean, u think when ure getting a job, that by getting this job, another poor bugger isnt? or when u spend money to eat, that someone out there isnt starving to death? do people marry to get money then divorce or kill there fiance like a tarantula?:)

i could go on and on and on, man has more traits to the animal kingdom then possible, for eg the saying something like this it goes "u are a slippery snake." In the end of the day, nearly everyone bar some people who are worse off then others, due to there carring of mankind look out for number one and dont really care about anyone else as long as they get to there point.

when ure at the bottom u are said to show compasion to ure fellow people, when ure at the top and all those people are bitching about ure wealth u dont care

Ezteq

Queen of OT
my bf once said i was like an animal in bed.

sadly it was the three toed sloath :(

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Bill Bryson put it so well, he said if someone took you apart atom-by-atom, you would just be a pile of atoms on the floor exactly the same as every atom in the Universe, it is by some fortune that they all decide to come together for a short while to make you.
Of course one day they will all return to the 'pool', but don't panic ,given infinite time, it is guaranteed, no matter how astronomically unlikely, that one day another set will form together to make you again, and again, and again.

In fact sometimes it will be you , but with bigger ears, or different hair, or exactly the same life in every way except for one small difference, you bought a blue car instead of a red one on your 21st birthday.

Thats infinite time for you, everything that can happen, will happen..

And in fact allready has.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
DNA eh, isnt it amazing!

how a sugar, a phosphate and some other dowacky chemical can combine in such a way it makes something even like a bacteria.

noblok

Part of the furniture
Hmm, I never said humans aren't animals, or at least I didn't intend to. What I'm saying though is that humans are something more than animals as well. To express myself in Kant's terminology: an animal can achieve the level of "der Verstand", but not that of "das Vernunft", this is what defines the human reality. An animal is also very limited on the domain of "das Verstand", but I'm willing to overlook that.

A dog can lay a direct link between one thing and another (Pavlov reaction), but it does so automatically, without thinking. At first glance man will also interpret two events happening at the same time as a causal relationship. Man however can take a distance and see if this causal relationship fits into the current theory of physics and if not whether the theory or the relationship is wrong.

I also don't believe animals actively make choices, I don't think that they're aware of making a choice. When you don't put your hand on a hot plate, do you make a choice? I think not, I would class that as an instinctive, rather than a well considered action. Once again I would like to repeat that this notion of making choices is directly linked to responsibility. I don't consider an animal responsible for it's actions, since I don't consider it capable of making a decision. "Animals do what animals do".

On the subject of this responsibility I'm currently following Sartre's vision. I haven't yet explored his works much, but from what I've read and been taught, I think he's pretty right.

Conchabar: I don't think that the fact that I value my own life more than the life of someone else doesn't mean I don't have any morals. I won't lie, if I got to choose between my life and that of a friend I would probably have my friend die, if we both don't deserve to die. If I brought my death upon myself, I would not wish to make anyone else die instead of me. I know it's easy to say that now, but I truely hope that a) I will never be put into that situation and b) that if put in that situation, I'd act as I described here.

By accepting a job someone else doesn't get a job. Does that make me amoral? No. I'll pay taxes and give money to people I see in the streets to make sure they don't starve. If I'm better suited for the job, it certainly would be better for the company (and by extension for the people working there and everyone directly and indirectly dependant on it) that I'd get the job and not someone less suited for it.

It is relatively hard to speak about other humans and morals though. Your vision might be right, but all I can say that it's wrong for me personally. I'd rather discuss morale than why most people don't follow it, if you don't mind. I don't really like philosophy as purely "sein Zeit in Gedanken erfasten" (loosely: to grasp one's time in toughts). I think explaining human behaviour are things for psychology and sociology.

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
I dunno life seems to follow a pattern similar to gaming, infact similar to many other pursuits I have tried. When you try something new it is exciting and all consuming. After a while you learn lots about it and start to become familiar with it. After more time passes it becomes routine and you eventually relax - to end up being bored with it. Games=life? Life has a few more twists and turns to deliver and consider - such as your health. Still the way you play games probably (and does in my opinion) reflect your outlook on life. You have to work at both if you want to be good at them. Can be bloody hard work at times too.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
I live in chesterfield my outlook on life is

I wish they would just nuke the town center on a saturday night and raise the gene pool slightly higher than pond slime.

I really do hate where i live but i cant afford to move

(ps im trained in haagan daaz and cofee making ) :D

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
morales, what we have drumed into us through youth, if trained properly like in socrates perfect society we will be perfect gaurdians ^^, in the end of the day i think morales are extremely important. why? because morales allow us to have disipline and our own internal laws on what we will or not do.
if a man has no morales, will he not do anything, even murder dare i say the word. but then what is a word if not just a sound or several letters stuck together, so what are morales? you could go to the extent that having decency and morales is just some outdated idea i dare say u could be right. I am begining to have the oppinion that having morales maybe the downfall of me personaly.

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
My philosophy... well, there are a few things I live by:

Actio = Reactio (bless Sir Isaac Newton)

Only death is certain.

Shit happens... and then you die. (Summary of life basicly.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom