what is your favourite arcade game of all time.

A

Ash!

Star Wars where you sat in the cockpit of an X wing. Vector Graphics at its best

S

SoWat

Defender.

I'm in negotiation to buy a full sized arcade console of this too :)

A

Ash!

Originally posted by SoWat
Defender.

I'm in negotiation to buy a full sized arcade console of this too :)
The ones like an oversized coffe table would be a cool addition to any household

J

Jonaldo

hm hard one :/

Would have to be something multiplayer.
Possibly Crackdown or Xenophobe or maybe something linkable like the car racey ones :)

7th

golden axe, only because i was obsessed with all things pointy, stabby and fantasy at the time

or the variety of star wars arcade games

or... AFTER BURNER BABY!!.... with the whole cockpit thing going on and whatnot

7th

D

dysfunction

golden axe was one of my favourites too

R

Rubber Bullets

Ah, those were the days, when the game lasted as long as you could keep playing.

I remember a mate and me going from school to the arcade. An hour and a half and we'd only have spent 10p each :) I guess Crystal Castles (one of my faves) was an exception, but a whole 10 or 12 levels still took several times longer than todays abreviated games.

Other favourites were Galaxians, Robotron, Centipede, Tempest etc. but the all time fave would probably have to have been Xevious.

RB

M

~Mobius~

I like the Simpsons one where you can be Marge with a hoover and stuff. ;)

W

whipped

Either ChaseHQ or STAR WARS!!!!

One day I will own one of those sit down cabinets, or build one!!

One day!!

Honest! :D

O

Ono

Most played ever:

Defender - when young.

Most played ever in recent years:

Pinball Action - look it up on MAME.

S

SilverHood

Flashback on the amiga

oh, and Stret Fighter 2.... used to play at the local grill... then I got it for my Amiga.... must have worn out atleast 4 joysticks playing that game

C

CAC

star wars closley followed by guantlet,

spent many a saturday afternoon playing gauntlet with 3 friends after the pubs closed

(obviously this was way back when pubs used to close at 3 in the afternoon )

O

old.ignus

Anybody who says wonderboy gets to die.

either final fight or street fighter 2 for me.

K

*Kornholio*

Originally posted by old.ignus
Anybody who says wonderboy gets to die.

I was gonna say wonderboy in monster land - that game had me hooked for months... used to be able to finish it with one coin :) Other than that it's a tie between Golden Axe, Silk Worm and Double Dragon.

L

Lester

We had a Galaxians arcade machine in the shop not too long ago...

I sold it tho :(

E

Embattle

^The Sega Saturn version I hope ;)

I can never truly answer these sort of questions because I loved so many different ones :(

W

Wij

Twin Cobra.
Wardner.
Shinobi.
Dangar.
Street Fighter II.

G

Gef

Never really played that many arcade machines, as paying 50p every 10 mins to play a computer game seemed a little extreme. But went on holiday to Tenerife once and it was like 12p a go on an arcaic looking Tetris machine. Spent most of the holiday playing that, sod beaches ffs!

So mine is Tetris, winnar!

W

whipped

Originally posted by *Kornholio*
I was gonna say wonderboy in monster land - that game had me hooked for months... used to be able to finish it with one coin :) Other than that it's a tie between Golden Axe, Silk Worm and Double Dragon.
Silkworm is one of two arcade boards I own :D Must finish building my SuperGun so I can play the damn things.

Users who are viewing this thread