what is your biggest issue with war so far ?

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
for me it`s ctds

i can`t imagine that it is comming from my machine and think it must be client related.

so many people have problems with it and the hardware they play on seems to have nothing in common.

bobfish

Fledgling Freddie
Boring PvE, really boring PvE.

Unfortunately leveling in scenarios is fairly slow, but I will get to 40 one day :)

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Group heath bars fading, probably easily fixed with a UI, but shouldn't have to use third parties to fix game problems.

Also the chat box resetting every time i relog forcing text to fade..

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH

i find it rather iritating too that it doesn`t seem to save some settings from the user interface and after each relog / ctd i have to redo and reconfigure my chat windows.

pez

Can't get enough of FH
Being out of melee range with people in scenarios yet clearly being in range according to what I am seeing.

twix112

Fledgling Freddie
well I would say healthbar is fading away and then I've had a couple of crashes but dunno if it's war or my machine...

Zagzyg

Loyal Freddie
  1. Queues.
  2. Spell graphics and animations that glitch and don't go away without exiting the game and restarting, made worse by point 1.
  3. Spell graphics and NPC icons stop working and fixed by exiting the game and restarting, made worse by point 1.
  4. Rare CTD, made worse by point 1.
  5. Lag, but it seems to be getting better, I presume as the population spreads out a bit. Not sure it's actually lag, seems more like zone chunking like in VG or DAoC, but smaller zone chunks than DAoC.
Health bar fading I thought was an interface option. Health bars fade until hurt. As a healer I've gotten used to it pretty well now, if I see green at all, I through a heal.

Toel

Loyal Freddie
Had about two CTD's since I started playing, so that's not really an issue for me, queues on the other hand, bloody hell.

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
for me it's the public quests. So many of them in certain areas and no incentive to play them all so everyone concentrates on 1 which denies you the tome unlocks. Also the loot roll at the end of a public quest is far to reliant on the random roll compared to the persistance and contribution score. You can enter the public quest at the end and maybe get two hits on the last mob and come first or you can play from the beginning, rack up the most contribution and still come last. As it stands the system is going to encourage leeching i.e. people standing in the area not doing anything and checking at the end to see if they've won loot.

I really love the PQs I think they're brilliant and I won't leave an area until I've maxed my influence bar for that chapter, but these problems could cause a lot of trouble if not resolved soon.

aika

Can't get enough of FH
Target not in range (when he is just 1 foot near me) - happens so much in pve, quite annoying :(
didnt have any ctds since live

longbow

Fledgling Freddie
Salvaging
out of range when im stood next to npc
salvaging
oh and salvaging

Chronictank

FH is my second home
1) Server Crashes
2) Syncing problems (people ghosting everywhere, cast bars and animations screwing up etc..)
3) out of range
4) queue's

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
Server stability and how the client seems to get out of sync with the servers making my castbar totally fubar and impossible to use.

Sagafar

Fledgling Freddie
NPC's that aren't targetable.
Sucky Maps.
qtd's.
travelling is timeconsuming.
Actionpoints drains to fast.

Some not that big issues really but annoying.

Oh and population imbalance.

Shirr

Fledgling Freddie
Not seen a CTD on this machine yet, but stuff that irritates me:

- Broken animations in general: my characters looks like a wooden pole with legs (high elf), when I turn around it looks like only the feet move, no movement with the head/torso

- Getting stuck just about everywhere where there's detail ie: treebranches, torches in the keeps, jumping of a ledge seems to 'magnetise' u to it, ..

- Fading healthbars: as a healing class this is REALLY annoying

- PQ's are a great idea, but Ive had times where there is noone around doing anything so yea .. great :p

- Collision detection in RVR, great, but when sieging a keep everyone gets in each other's way (yes the 'zerg' tactic :p) so I cant heal my tanks if other players get in the way (usually when they go up on the stairs)

- When u take a flightpoint, why do I need to watch 1 min of boring cinematic and the same 3sec .midi file repeated all the time? (skippable pls? :p)

- My character screams like its getting beaten with a 10ft pole when I jump up. (female HE :p)

- Most emotes are just a line of text.

- /hi should be a 'hello' instead of hidden (lol?), just like /ty is thank you. (short typing for the win .. )

:)

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Group heath bars fading, probably easily fixed with a UI, but shouldn't have to use third parties to fix game problems.

QFT!
Great minds etc :)

Granpa

Fledgling Freddie
Peoples health bars fading in scenarios,particulaly bad if your healing.

mgX

Fledgling Freddie
i would have to say...syncing, getting stuck casting spells and...for the love of god, interface not updating the darn timed abilities correctly...seems to take like 5-8 attempts to cast moral abilities too...

Light

Loyal Freddie
Wow what a lot of whinging, after playing all of the major mmo releases of recent years I am surprising impressed by WAR (it was not expected).

There are some bugs but nothing like the other games I tried (inc D&L, AoC) this is very solid compared to those releases.

Queues dont bother me just picked a server with med/low pop - although can understand that some guilds want to be on the same servers, this was the same case when WoW launched but there has to be some trade off to balance performance against population.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom