What is wrong with dark specced SM's

Nelex

One of Freddy's beloved
What is wrong with dark specced SM's.

There are no chance to get a rvr grp at all. they have "aoe mezz" they have "pbaoe mezz" to protect healers, they have damn nice lifetap. so plz tell me why they dont ever have a chance to come into a rvr grp ??? :confused: :(

Josmi

Fledgling Freddie
Tbh I would like to see them in RvR groups BUT

its not due to their mezzes but due to their debuffs of spirit(pbaoe nukes)

would be quite interesting to see the following setup :

2 Healers
1 dark sm
2 supp sm
1 warrior
1 skald
1 shaman

Especially with Toa upcoming :D

Edit : and yea yea I know no DET ect ect :p

Nelex

One of Freddy's beloved
aye i know supp specced SM's have a nice debuff, str/con. But I as dark have it at lvl 26, and not many that resist it, but i know it is nice. Dark has dex/qui debuff not as good but ok I think.

And i like you grp setup :clap:

Svenfleet

Fledgling Freddie
I've been dark spec'ed most of my career and its fantastic. With moc you are usually the last one to die in your group, and sometimes you can pull off some amazing things combined with pet intercept. Its also funny to go stealther hunting, though can be tricky when moc is down. Best group with stealthers and go to an MG with you being a honey pot trap. Stealthers can't seem to help themselves attacking what appears to be a lone caster :)

Nelex

One of Freddy's beloved
im mostly running around in df for stealthers they are so fun to kill :flame:
but also odins but i always gets steamrolled by a fg :touch: if i get mezz in i take one or two with my into dead :kissit:

Svenfleet

Fledgling Freddie
If you in a small group/solo, you will get steamrolled by fg's. Find getting into your own fg helps :)

Z

Zorgyn

Nothing wrong with darkspecced SM's, but frget guarding casters with your mez 9 out of 10 you will recieve " the target has already had this effect"

However the energy debuff is the key ( like someone else said ) not only for other peoples pbae but for runemasters DD's as well ( supp and RC )

the act that you nule rather hard and fast as hell is no bad combination either. However.. imo full dakr isnt worth it.. i like the 41 supp 35 darkness.

Gives you everything you need, works for groups and for soloing

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Chatting about Dark SMs = Summon Roo :D

SM PBAE is spirit damage, but the Dark SM has a nice handy debuff for that too, just a shame its not AE.

Don't forget root is handy as well as the mezzes. If you're in an FG you shouldn't be mezzing unless no healer or there is a problem you're reacting to after initial contact. Root an enemy allowing the seer to retreat a bit can be just as good as a mez when a tank is involved. If the enemy has sent pets (except theurg pets) to interrupt support chars, mez away and let the seer continue.

I found in FGs I often outlasted most other casters to a degree: I don't need to run into the middle of the bad guys to start hitting them and when the tanks did notice me I had a nice intercepting pet which bought a few seconds.

With ToA, Dark SM based groups are going to be extremely viable, it had been something I was looking forward to. With a couple of artifacts and MLs you have a machine-gun group which could be really nasty :)

Makwaerk

Fledgling Freddie
sounds abit like thanes trying to argue that they have many things to offer in a group :/

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Acutally, Fedaykin have done Thane-based groups. Can still do well. Against high RR players, you lose, but in general you don't lose as often or as badly as people would have you believe. As always, it comes down to people knowing what to do :)

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
hmm, be nice to see a thane group in action, thanes certainly kinds and queens of duels :)

Svenfleet

Fledgling Freddie
Nothing wrong with non standard groups (aka savage assist train), been in some very successful caster ones. One of the most funny is runie ranged ae, can decimate a fg in seconds, though only if they haven't got +50% resists :puke:

And Mak, seem to remember us owning quite a few groups back when you were in Savage Conclave and I played Svenfleet ;-)

What about that Alb fg we took with just Ogdeter, Svenfleet, and Skarbonefist :clap:

Jenna

Fledgling Freddie
Svenfleet said:
Nothing wrong with non standard groups (aka savage assist train), been in some very successful caster ones. One of the most funny is runie ranged ae, can decimate a fg in seconds, though only if they haven't got +50% resists :puke:

Whats this new uber-AE called?

Makwaerk

Fledgling Freddie
don't get me wrong svenfleet, I love playing those caster groups, but I have to face that the fotm melee groups is fotm for a reason.

ohh and I belive it was gtaoe that, having runies cast that infront of a mg with hibs trying to get by, scares them it seems, seem 2 runies almost killing 2 fg that way. Ofc it helps to have silly hibs :D

Svenfleet

Fledgling Freddie
Sadly det tanks + healers is greater than most other group setups. Feel sorry for the casters/hybrids

Nelex

One of Freddy's beloved
it is sad to see caster left outside grps..but when im in df all the kills i see is casters and stealthers :clap:

It is so easy for me to kill a tank, even if they use ip..yes i do get killed sometimes but that is only becourse there a 3 infils that jumps me (hurts btw) or gets steamrolled (part of the game so im not sorry). I can even take out a bd (tryt 10 times or so) :touch:

I think it could be funny to make new grp setups but i suck at it. the only one i think is uber is

4supp bds
1 skald
1 warr
1 shammy
1 healer

:eek:

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
There are a few caster group lineups I was itching to try out, but never got the chance or managed to find the people online at the same time:

4 Dark SMs or 3 Dark SMs + Dark Runie
Healer (Pac)
Skald
Warrior
Shaman

But I also reckon the following lineup would be a complete hoot:

Dark SM
Dark Runie
Sup Runie
Healer x 2, or 1 healer + Sup BD
Skald
Warrior
Shaman

The first lineup after ToA comes out becomes very viable indeed. Fast cast machinegun group. The sup runie is the key to the second group lineup, not for pbt, but the snare for assisting on tanks, and the NS for enemy support of course :)

Hopefully, with ToA you will start to see groups like these appearing :)

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Nel mate, People just don't see the potential of a Dark BD ;) Bloody nice lifetaps you have, I'd group with you in HW when BB is 50 ^_^

And you only killed me ONCE! :-p I had no sheilds *Cough*

Nelex

One of Freddy's beloved
shh dont tell them :twak: It was my best win :clap: :clap:

G

Gabbe

ive seen

a Dark specced SM solo 11 infils wtf u need grp for`???

Aseli

Fledgling Freddie
With out group purge mid and alb caster groups are always going to have a very hard time. One good AoE mezz and you are all dead.

Boring

Fledgling Freddie
Just need one SM to purge and cast CM on another. Goes pretty fast to get everyone up and running.. especially with the new color codes.

Dumle

Fledgling Freddie
Would be fun to try and get a dark SM debuff energy for a Carver to bolt, just to see the damage :)

(He has energy debuff right?)

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Hmm well, had to respec my dark sm to sup, dark sm's aren't needed in groups for exping ;< maybe go back, see how it goes when 50.

Kiokou is now sup, and can join your groups ;P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom