What is the resist that reduces mezz duration?

Rub

One of Freddy's beloved
Well the title is saying it all. Im just wondering if there is a resist that reduces it for RA spec, thats all.

Rub

One of Freddy's beloved
Straef said:
Determination?
No i mean the resist as example heat resist.
Im just wondering if it exist and if so what one it is.

EDIT: maybe the first thing i sayed wasnt clear enough i want to know it so i can spec instead of Determination 5 something like det4 and avoidance of magic3 so i get some bonuses to some other resists too.

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Aom won't help versus mez/root etc, just against plain damage.

Equador

Fledgling Freddie
Hibs use body, cold and energy, mids use body, cold and spirit. Is that what you meant?

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
BODY !!!111111

So yes AoM will effect the duration of mezz, and Det and another one :p Oh it's called Purge...

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Haggus said:
BODY !!!111111

So yes AoM will effect the duration of mezz, and Det and another one :p Oh it's called Purge...
No it won't -,- It affects damage, not mez/root/stun and other effects, just damage taken. If you want to lessen cc timers, aom won't really get you anything.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Haggus said:
BODY !!!111111

And Empty Mind or however it's called, fairly underused RA though.

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
I thought AoM increase ALL resists BUT Slash/Thrust/Crush ?

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
Straef said:
No it won't -,- It affects damage, not mez/root/stun and other effects, just damage taken. If you want to lessen cc timers, aom won't really get you anything.

It does raise your chance to resists mezz though and thereby work kinda the same way!?

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Arethir said:
It does raise your chance to resists mezz though and thereby work kinda the same way!?
It doesn't decrease the duration tho. If you resist the mez you might aswell be hit by the second or third cast, if the guy casts the spell more than once, and still be mezzed for full duration.
Haggus said:
I thought AoM increase ALL resists BUT Slash/Thrust/Crush ?
It increases all magic resists, yes, but only the damage part. Don't ask me how they did it, but I'm fairly sure I read in some patch notes or some official reply that it doesn't work against cc. So, if you'd get +15% matter resist, you'd take lesser damage from warlocks for example, but root would still be full duration.

McDee

Fledgling Freddie
Resists do decrease the duration of mezz, and pretty positive it also affects root durations too.

SoulFly

Can't get enough of FH
Arethir said:
The chance to resist a spell is bound to spell level vs target level and base resist chance or something. Casters know more about this, but +% to any resist doesn't give you a better chance to resist a spell, unfortunately :/

Also AoM, just like Physical Resistance is a "secondary" resist, so let's say you have 26% body res and Aom 2 and a spell would hit you for 100 damage:

The calculation would then be: 0.74 * 100 * 0.95 = 70.3

AOM5 and a hit of 850: 0.74 * 850 * 0.80 = 503.2 (without aom: 629) The cost of AOM5 is 38 points X| points well spent!

McDee said:
Resists do decrease the duration of mezz, and pretty positive it also affects root durations too.

Correct. + resist buff also does this (affects mez, root, snare), but AoM \ Empty mind only work for damage with the exception to Empty Mind having an effect on disease duration when AoM doesn't (this I'm not sure about, but it seems documented so)

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
McDee said:
Resists do, but I was on about the extra resists added by AoM, which shouldn't affect any durations.
SoulFly said:
The cost of AOM5 is 38 points X| points well spent!
Wouldn't that be 34? :p

Rub

One of Freddy's beloved
SoulFly said:
Correct. + resist buff also does this (affects mez, root, snare), but AoM \ Empty mind only work for damage with the exception to Empty Mind having an effect on disease duration when AoM doesn't (this I'm not sure about, but it seems documented so)
Oh i thought AoM increases resists =/ well ty all for the info =)

SoulFly

Can't get enough of FH
Rub said:
Oh i thought AoM increases resists =/ well ty all for the info =)

AGAINST DAMAGE not adding any damage.

Please read stuff on camelotherald.com if you want to know what things do :E

Eva

Can't get enough of FH
AoM was changed to not affect cc durations in early public NF beta. When you ran around with red resists, aom5(which more or less everyone has access to) and capped resists you were looking at a few seconds mezzed for a red mezz, like determination but for all classes but it reduced the caster damage alot aswell.

The only way you can decrease your cc duration is capping your resists in your temp and getting red resist buffs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom