What is the Object of the game?

N

Nazghul-

To have fun or to take away others fun?

Most of the time it feels like the latter, e.g. getting steamrolled by fgs solo in odd places. Why not let the soloer go /hug him/her and go on?

A

Aloca

It is to have fun yourself. but while having fun you need to make as much RPS as possible to be leet there for you kill everyone and maybe /laugh spam them (make em feel happy i guess)
None is stoping and thinking if the enemy is having fun becouse none realy cares about anyone but them self

P

Pin

Originally posted by Aloca
It is to have fun yourself. but while having fun you need to make as much RPS as possible to be leet there for you kill everyone and maybe /laugh spam them (make em feel happy i guess)
None is stoping and thinking if the enemy is having fun becouse none realy cares about anyone but them self
awwwww /hug :(

G

Gordonax

It's for everyone to have fun. But there's a risk/reward thing going on here: you run solo, you get more a reward in terms of the satisfaction of beating opponents on your own. But the counter to that is that you have greater risk, because you will get run over by duos, let alone full groups.

F

- Fedaykin -

i thought the object of the game was to come onto BW and whine?

A

Asha

Originally posted by Gordonax
It's for everyone to have fun. But there's a risk/reward thing going on here: you run solo, you get more a reward in terms of the satisfaction of beating opponents on your own. But the counter to that is that you have greater risk, because you will get run over by duos, let alone full groups.

very well said.
you can plug in fg for solo and zergs for duos/fgs too

you get a greater reward both in realm points and personal feeling to win solo or as a fg vs greater numbers.

O

old.arneduck

actually, i think we are making more rp's from killing soloers than we make killing fg's... :rolleyes:

:viking:

between any decent fg-fight you find loads of soloers/small groups thats free rp's... you wonldnt wanna take away our free rp's, now do you? :(

P

Pin

Originally posted by old.arneduck
actually, i think we are making more rp's from killing soloers than we make killing fg's... :rolleyes:
between any decent fg-fight you find loads of soloers/small groups thats free rp's... you wonldnt wanna take away our free rp's, now do you? :(
Isn't that really because you lose every fg fight though? :m00:

S

Subedai-Samil

to have fun.
beating 3fg as 1fg is fun, killing a soloer is like zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Z

zoia

Originally posted by old.arneduck

Being ganked by LA when i solo in Odin's is nothing new....

I don't play to get as much rp's as possible, i play to have fun and i hope the ones i fight have it too.
I'd rather die in a fair fight than have a FG mids roll over the one i'm fighting.
If i'm in a very good mood i may even let someone go if i find out they are unbuffed, because it's not a fair fight and not fun for the one who is unbuffed.
However, if i've had a bad day, i may even kill a grey :p

M

mehuge

If your a soloer, the object is to avoid getting ganked by fgs ;)

If your name appears in red, you are eligable quite correctly for being ganked. You might be lucky and get a /hug instead but dont count on it.

Dont solo if you dont like it imo.

N

Nazghul-

Re: Re: What is the Object of the game?

Originally posted by mehuge
If your a soloer, the object is to avoid getting ganked by fgs ;)

If your name appears in red, you are eligable quite correctly for being ganked. You might be lucky and get a /hug instead but dont count on it.

Dont solo if you dont like it imo.

Well you are right that anything in red is fair game... However when I don't solo i sometimes meet a solo with my fg, and yes grp wants the soloer dead asap :( In a crowded place like emain / milegates i can understand but not when it's somewhere odd...

O

old.Talivar

so mehuge if i get 8fg and kill your fg is that ok aswell since your names are all in red?:p

A

Appollo

To play the game how "you" see fit, keeping inside the rules set by GOA.

P

Pandemic

Originally posted by Nazghul-

Most of the time it feels like the latter, e.g. getting steamrolled by fgs solo in odd places. Why not let the soloer go /hug him/her and go on?

to solo naked and win.

E

[e]

There is no such thing as "fair" in this game - accept it, and if you dont approve move on.

I mean, how could it be ? It's all about who has the best items, lvl, highest realmrank, buffbot, advantage in class, number of adds and yes even luck. The winner of a fight is decides mostly even before the fight is started. There is very little individual skillfactor in this because the things a caracter can do is very limited, and everything is oversimplyfied. I mean /stick /face /lastattacker /assist ? FFS, whats wrong with turning with keyboard? - atleast give something that a player can do for themselves that requires some "skill". Imo the real "skill" factor left in this game, is knowing when to attack, who to attack first, what skill to use on target - and in which order, estimate distance, where to stand, where to run around, how to interact with other grpmembers etc.

So with this in mind you cry about being zerged by a fg? It is a natural development of the game being as it is.
In this game 2 vs 1 is also a "zerg" cuz 99,9% of the time the solo player will be ganked. And a genuine 1 vs 1 will not happen very often with all the RPs horny n00bs running around - adding is natural when everybody wants to be where things happen - expect for the "ubernerds" that have time to w8 around 2 hours for that "honorable kill" in places where ppl end up if they get lost. And RESPECT for them! If they play this way and are happy thats fine - but they should respect ppl who dont have as much time and want to be where there is more action/hour - and less "honor"

but still, imo this is still a pretty cool game - even if a few changes would be nice - and if you want FUN - accept things as they are and try to make the best of it.

/plz give it a thought before flame/

N

Nazghul-

[e] who cried about getting zerged by a fg?

Or is it you can't ask a simple question (even a bit rhetorical one) without getting the standard reply

S

Sichama

Having fun.

But everyone is responsible for himself having fun, don't expect others to lower their fun factor so you can have fun, the game is what it is, if you can't find a way to have fun the way the game works than this is not a game for you. If you desperatly need to rely on others to play and have fun and you can't cut it by yourself than i really suggest you find a non competitive game to play like Sims or something.

K

Khefru

, e.g. getting steamrolled by fgs solo in odd places. Why not let the soloer go /hug him/her and go on?
I'll stop killing stealthers soloing when they stop adding to fg v fg fights.....i.e, it'll never happen :)

N

Nazghul-

Re: Re: What is the Object of the game?

Originally posted by Khefru
I'll stop killing stealthers soloing when they stop adding to fg v fg fights.....i.e, it'll never happen :)

I'm not talkin about stealthers :)

I

ilum

yeah I did that once...well...I was solo, smacked a valewalker down to 2%....then I hugged him and left...next time I met him in a FG at amg where he ganked me ;p

Users who are viewing this thread