What is the best duo?

E

erdams

Just got a quick question me and a friend of mine are gonna start playing DAoC. We are thinking of joining Hibernia here on Excalibur. So i am wondering what is the best duo.

I was think a Hero/Bard combo would rock if I spec'ed the bard right. But if anyone can help me and tell me what compo would be good for us, so we can both gain levels pretty good together, and still have a chance in RvR in the end.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Erdams
Ex Fat troll warrior on Xev

B

Bedroc the Hero

For fast exping I dont think anything beats Mentalist/Enchanter. Not sure how the chanter should spec ( mana would be a problem as you dont have tanks to hold aggro for PBAE ), but the menta should be light specced until lvl 20 or perhaps 40 where you can chose to swap to mana.

Maliz and Hoox in our guild chainpulled red mobs with hardly no downtime with this setup!

Ive done a fair amount of bard/hero hunting. and it tends to get slow.. at least at the later lvls. You can only do oranges, and will have problems with high orange. The combined dmg output of hero/bard is to bad.

Another interesting and very efficient combo is the NS/Ranger combo. ( be careful to spec the NS right though ). Ranger pulls, and when the mob is in range he goes to melee, now the NS backstabs from stealth with poisions and dualwielded daggers. Not as fast as menta/ench though.

E

err0r

Chanter should be mana specced, no doubt. And you're forgetting the chanter pet which can tank almost anything with the focus shield. (Killed princes with 1fg for a laugh...) Mentalist should spec mana to get good PoT to reduce downtime.

F

f1sty

In my opinion and from personal experience the best combo to lvl fast would be a fully mana specced chanter and a druid / bard. Druids are good if they are nuture specced primarily with some regrowth, this can help with buffing and healing the chanters pet. Basically let the pet pull a load of mobs, then send chanter in and pbae em to death. Nice and fast. Ensure that the bard / druid is healing the chanter just incase something survives the nuke.

Btw I have been doing this lots in Corus Mine, with my chanter and druid, and it works a treat.

P

Pocyourhontas

Chanter should be mana specced, no doubt. And you're forgetting the chanter pet which can tank almost anything with the focus shield.

Hmmm, i think not mate. The pet can tank as you say, but, it cannot taunt and therefore you cannot PBAOE the mobs as after one hit they turn on you. Anything higher than a yellow and your dead if this happens. Not using PBAOE is ok till around 20 as your baseline nuke does respectable damage, it gets a lot harder after that and you need a group with tanks to use PBAOE or your damage is next to pointless.

Chanter/Ment is a good pair though. I group with a ment quite regularly and we rock the XP just by killing yellows in very large numbers, like 8 of them at a time at the curm camps.

B

boni_ofdavoid

Hero + Bard works ok, I would consider that :)

It may not be the strongest duo team for exping but you also have the advantage of a very nice base to start larger groups with.

My Hero duos with a Bard on occasion, bottlenecks are caused by :-

a). Bards healing ability
b). Heros damage dealing

So I guess give the bard some regrowth, and make the Hero spear or LW for more damage.

O

oblivion_6

I once worked with a mana chanter down in CM and we were chain pulling reds fast as well

Voidy pulls em in with 2 bolts then stuns em while the mana bomb does the business

H

<Harle>

Originally posted by Pocyourhontas

Hmmm, i think not mate. The pet can tank as you say, but, it cannot taunt and therefore you cannot PBAOE the mobs as after one hit they turn on you. Anything higher than a yellow and your dead if this happens. Not using PBAOE is ok till around 20 as your baseline nuke does respectable damage, it gets a lot harder after that and you need a group with tanks to use PBAOE or your damage is next to pointless.

Chanter/Ment is a good pair though. I group with a ment quite regularly and we rock the XP just by killing yellows in very large numbers, like 8 of them at a time at the curm camps.

You would be surprised how effectively the pet-focus-dmg-shield is for taunting. We had a group of 3 mana-chanters and 2 bards the other day and were chain-pulling fins, doing pulls of up to 8 fins at once. As soon as the focus-shield was on the bards could chain-heal without getting aggro, and a bit later the chanters started their pbaoe and only got aggro on rare uber-fins.

Back to the topic though: someone said Hero+Bard cant take reds - that might be true, but with only 2 people you don't actually have to do reds, you will even cap xp on most oranges.

N

Noche

Enchanter + mana regen (aka bard or menty)

In my guild we´ve done some VERY SERIOUS xping, 200-250 millons a pull, from SEVERAL red-orange con mobs.

In case ppl don´t realize, with 50 in mana a chanter has got 33 dps (yes double the 51 cap dps) with dmg shield which DRAW AGGRO AS HELL! Epic mobs in CF (monkey and other easy ones) dropped fast with dmg shield, was amazing seeming how a lvl 44 blue con pet with 33 dps dmg shield doing more damage to the monkey than our entire grp, so we just heal the pet and have some chat instead.

D

Danya

Had a group with 3 chanters and my light eld leeching, with my mentalist ungrouped buffing power, continual pulling of oranges was no problem at all, the pet's focus shield was easily holding enough aggro to let the chanters pbae.

T

Tyka

mana menta + mana chanter.

Find a good spot with alot of yellow/orange mobs, send in chanter pet, cast dmg shield, pull it out, heal the pet once or twice, mana menta cast aoe dot, ench go in and pbaoe once or twice, /qc pbaoe if needed.

C

Chameleon

Personally I did the first 20 levels of my nightshade grouped with a warden and it worked great. We both whacked it, then he stood back and healed if required. An ns can hold aggro very well, allowing a healer to heal. The warden bubble helps greatly too. If the warden specs his bubble and heals and the ns specs pierce/cs/envenom, it's a nice combination.
Ranger and ns can work very well too, as already mentioned. Ranger pulls, ns critical strikes.
Not to say these are the best combos, but like many others, they do work very well. I found the advantage for me personally was that we levelled fast, but it also meant that those early levels where not so tuff to get through, with what is generally a difficult character to level. If I was planning to duo with a mate, all the way to 50, i think id go for one of those classes that are harder to level, as you will be able to group together anyway. So, I would say thats either light enchanter/mentalist, void eld, ranger or nightshade.

S

Sleet

My hero spent a lot of xp time with a bard called bard as a duo.
I found it was a great way to xp, downtime didnt really ever happen, and like boni said bard/tank are top priorities in most groups so you will both be able to set up bigger groups nps.

Mobs were solo orange con mainly with a few reds depending on type of mob, so we did miss out on group bonuses this way.

Bard/tank problems occur when theres a big lvl difference i found with heals, mana can dissapear too quicky then for the bard. But as you plan to xp together shouldnt be a prob.

And when you come to RvR, your groups will always have a bard :D

Lots of good other options have been suggested above also though

Z

Ziva

I xped some time with a hero/warden combo and we did very well. Nice buffs, nice tanking and a warden can heal too. Only problem was a bit downtime because of end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom