What is on your playlist?

mank!

Part of the furniture
What albums/songs have you been listening to a lot lately?

I've spent most of the evening listening to Trembling Blue Stars' Her Handwriting and The Field Mice's Where'd You Learn To Kiss That Way? but of late R.E.M.'s Out Of Time and Automatic For The People have been receiving generous amounts of airtime as well as Bjork's Debut and Homogenic with sprinklings of The Essential Bruce Springsteen cropping up now and then.

Currently listening to the aforementioned Trembling Blue Stars album and in my CD walkman is The Detroit Cobras' album Life, Love and Leaving.

maxi

Fledgling Freddie
TBS fucking suck. But if you like them, you'll love the Field Mice, they were quite good, you may already know. (Field Mice = The guy outta TBS band prior to TBS)

Ttry Sensitive and Emmas House for starters.

My playlist currentlt has

Bob Dylan - Blonde On Blonde (album)
The Unicorns - WHo Will Cut Our Hair When We're Gone? (album)
Kisrt MacColl - A New England
Orange Juice - Falling and Laughing
Broken Social Scene - Anthems For a Seventeen year old girl

mank!

Part of the furniture
maxi said:
TBS fucking suck. But if you like them, you'll love the Field Mice, they were quite good, you may already know. (Field Mice = The guy outta TBS band prior to TBS)

Ttry Sensitive and Emmas House for starters.
I've already got a compilation album of theirs, which I mentioned in the above post. And yes, Emma's House is fucking magnificient.

shanks

Fledgling Freddie
Lately I have hand my hands and ears for that matter full. Been trying to decide if I love the american band "Between The Buried And Me's" latest album "The Silent Circus" or not. One the one hand, they make totally varied, insane music played very skillfully which is traits I enjoy on the other hand mixing in too many influences just leaves you confused and ultimately you will discard the cd simply because of it's unfocused tone.

To describe the sound, woah this is gonna be tough. <breaths in> Well the first three songs manage to cover such varied genre's as florida style death metal, metalcore, a few moments of "In Flames" riffs, pantera style grooves in a quite unique blend. You have seen nothing yet though. Song 4 intitled Mordaci starts of like your typical US death metal style song almost bordering to grindcore. This in the first 2min, after this the song slows down to some kind of emo song with extremly cheesy lyrics. Your kinda wondering if the cd player changed cd. It then accelerates into a very nice radio friendly chorus follow by a very nice solo. The song fades down. The next song is a socalled transistion song, 2min of ambitent that goes into the next track, a initially accoustic ballad (at this stage your slowly asking yourselves what the hell is this? if you have'nt already). The next song is a pure death metal song complete with the genres trademark "raaaaaaaaar raaaaaaar raaaaaraar good luck hearing the lyrics to this" style growls. Furthermore this song also goes into emo-mode 4min into the song. For 2min, then it's back to death for 2min.

<chipping for air>

So, a interesting experiment in how many influences we can squeez into one album. I dunno if I would recommend it to anyone though since it really is a handfull to listen to. But if your like me very bored with a genre filled with clones this might be worthing giving a listen.

Scooba da Bass

Fledgling Freddie
Plaid - Spokes, Ceephax Acid Crew - Exxidy Tours, and Squarepusher - Feed me Weird Things, probably the best debut album ever.

I'm in an IDM mood at the moment.

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Heh i kinda got Kosheens albums on repeat at the moment. :)

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
I have [spunge] Story So Far on Repeat just now. Cant get enuff of that album.

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
They're ok, not a massive difference between the remixes and the orignal songs but still. ;)

Afx

Fledgling Freddie
Playlist

Been mainly listening to mogwai - happy songs for happy people, Joe strummer - streetcore and some neutral milk hotel.

Sar

Part of the furniture
This is my current playlist, which I've burnt to CD:

15 tracks in playlist, average track length: 5:11
Playlist length: 1 hour 17 minutes 48 seconds
Right-click here to save this HTML file.

Playlist files:

1. Madonna - Frozen (6:12)
2. 04 Stronger (4:00)
3. Who Wants to Live Forever (4:56)
4. Daniel Bedingfield - If You're Not The One (4:19)
5. 03 Digital Love (4:58)
6. 09 No Good (Start the Dance) (6:17)
7. 04 The Box, Pt. 2 (6:00)
8. 02 Phat Planet (5:24)
9. 03 Elektrobank (8:19)
10. One Vision (4:00)
11. Metallica - S&ampM No Leaf Clover (5:43)
12. freelance hellraiser - a stroke of genius (3:38)
13. 01 Smack My Bitch Up (5:42)
14. 01 Block Rockin' Beats (5:13)
15. 08 Easy (3:07)

Sar

Part of the furniture
And the attached file is a full playlist of everything I have...

Including all the embarassing stuff.

:)

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Currently taking up space in the "New Shit" playlist in iTunes are:-

Ice Cube - You Can Do It
Lostprophets - Cry Me a River (JT cover)
Billy Talent - Try Honesty
No Doubt - It's My Life
Tears for Fears - Mad World
Groove Armada - At the River
Kelis - Milkshake
Clipse - When's the Last Time
Transplants - D.J D.J
Gotthard - Homerun
The Cure - Friday I'm in Love

Afx

Fledgling Freddie
Too many Winamp users :/

Nothing wrong with winamp :)....Well as long as it isnt winamp3.
Only other windows mp3 player ive used that could compare was foobar, but after using the winamp 5 betas i went back to it.
Have to admit i havnt used itunes though.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Have been playing It's my life (talk talk and no doubt) alot recently. Love it tbh.

mank!

Part of the furniture
Oh well, this thread wasn't intended for posting your whole playlist in but nevermind.

Playlist

stubbyrulz

Fledgling Freddie
pretty big play list u got there all i listening to atm is chimaira - the impossiblilty of reason and slayer - god hates us all

shanks

Fledgling Freddie
mank said:
Oh well, this thread wasn't intended for posting your whole playlist in but nevermind.

Playlist

That's why I didnt post mine. Dont kinda get the appeal of watching thru thousands of songs.

maxi

Fledgling Freddie
Dexys, Dylan, Orange Juice, Shop Assistants, The Bodines, The Weather Prophets, My Bloody Valentine, Primal Scream and other C86 stuff, some of it is right shite, but the stuff i named is great (obc Dexys/dylan are not c86)

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
Due to being at home, and my music not, I'm living off the MP3s that I left here over summer.

On the plus side, that includes Joy Division's "Closer".
Also: Muse - Absolution, Miss Black America - God Bless Miss Black America and ots of Mogwai.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
mank said:

Playlist

Buy 'The Great Cross-over potential' or 'Life's too good!' by The Sugarcubes, it would fit in great with your list :p

mank!

Part of the furniture
maxi said:
Dexys, Dylan, Orange Juice, Shop Assistants, The Bodines, The Weather Prophets, My Bloody Valentine, Primal Scream and other C86 stuff, some of it is right shite, but the stuff i named is great (obc Dexys/dylan are not c86)
Where did you get your c86 tape from? I'm trying to find a copy of it on CD but I don't know where to start.

Aoami said:
Buy 'The Great Cross-over potential' or 'Life's too good!' by The Sugarcubes, it would fit in great with your list :p
I've got a few Sugarcubes songs, I like them. I ought to check out an album :)

Scooba da Bass

Fledgling Freddie
mank said:
Where did you get your c86 tape from? I'm trying to find a copy of it on CD but I don't know where to start.

I've got it mp3'd up, pm me if you fancy getting hold of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom