What is it with you selfish little brats ?

F

finbahr

i am one of those who vote to play on other servers because we are allowed if it over populates one area and the servers go down is that our problem ? no

M

m-obscene

cheeeeeeeeeeese plz.

Kaireem is only saying he was being sarcastic cause hes getting owned :(

V

Vrisslar

Originally posted by Kaireem
I've been reading here for a few days now, and there's ppl talking about bringing other servers down ?
I mean come on, let the ppl that CAN play play imo and f*ck off with your whining. If you don't like the way goa is handling this? : CANCEL SUB and move on!!

Can't you just do something else while server is down ? Go mow the lawn, talk to the old senile incontinent lady next door, walk the dog, get out drink loads and have sex with a girl you know for 5 mins, plenty of stuff to do imo.Don't you ppl have jobs ? school ? A LIFE ??

Djeez....

Erhm m8, u tell ppl to get a life and quit the whine.

I just like to know if u hate the whines so much why the feck do u then spend days on reading em ? ( as u say in your post)

Maybe your the one that should get a life and quit reading stuff u dont like ? :p

In other words if ppl like to whine let them do it, no1 are force´ing u to read it :D

Just a idea :D

Regards
Vriss

K

Kaireem

Re: Re: What is it with you selfish little brats ?

Originally posted by Vrisslar
Erhm m8, u tell ppl to get a life and quit the whine.

I just like to know if u hate the whines so much why the feck do u then spend days on reading em ? ( as u say in your post)

Maybe your the one that should get a life and quit reading stuff u dont like ? :p

In other words if ppl like to whine let them do it, no1 are force´ing u to read it :D

Just a idea :D

Regards
Vriss

You actually have a point there :)

O

old.davidlqs

I think I'm getting addicted to these whine posts.

V

Vireb

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What is it with you selfish little brats ?

did you know there's 12y olds and younger out there that can come up with better answers than this ? IT WAS SARCASM
I KNOW YOU CAN'T MOW YOUR LAWN MID WINTER, the senile old lady thingie is SARCASM, ITS ALL SARCASM. GET OVER IT!!
lets all be cool and mature, get upset about a forum (ofc instead of going out and getting laid etc etc) and use caplock everyone.. now follow me 1 ....... 2............... 3............................. CAPSLOCK4TEHWINNNNN

E

evzy

Originally posted by - Fedaykin -
to quote Jay and Silent Bob:

"fuck goa, fuck them up their stupid asses."

Not that i agree with either side of the argument but the above quote ... :clap:

Q

quinthar

Re: Re: Re: What is it with you selfish little brats ?

what a mature statement to make...

Better than saying "what a mature statement to make..." because you cant think of a decent response isnt it.

Frankly I wont tolerate people wasting my money, I earnt mine, and when I spend it I want value for money, clearly you have money to burn and bully for you, I however, do not.

Q

quinthar

Originally posted by Sibanac
If you are stilll paying your subs you are taking it

I have 3 months upfront, now if you wanna tell me how to get "Goods of non merchantable quality....." to stick in France please tell me...

It appears if you pay your cash, you lost it.

A

Aadia

Here's an idea... you say you're fed up with ppl "whining" about it or anything blablabla can't really remember you post tbh.
The thing is, they got first of all a point. secondly if ppl don't "whine" they will allways put up with it and when you do that the real problems start, at the end you explode (not liturally)

But in case you haven't noticed, you are whining yourself by putting up that post. Not towards goa no or anything but to the other ppl who have to let off some steam.

The best thing you can do is: what ppl don't know, they don't care about. So maybe you should stop reading those posts cuz then you won't whine towards them and you're not frustrated of reading such thing everytime.

O and basically... if you stop reading these posts, you got time yourself to mow the lawn or let the dog out or any other thing you "sarcastically" said :whip:

M

Madonion Slicer

I can understand the frustrations that some are expressing but some of the comments on these boards display alot of people are seriously addict to game to become this irrate over it and i dare say this is unhealthy.

Lets just hope GOA improve their response times and the rightnow service, because they are not going to upgrade the servers.

I

inuyasha

Imho:

Only sad thing with goa, is that they are french, and they are borned that way, they cant do anything about it .P

They do not have 24/7 customer service.... OFC they dont have! there is very very rarly anything wrong with this game, why would they have 24/7 customer service? They could have a alarm device or something for when a server is down more then 1 hour on weekends and such, and i assume they are getting something like this now. That is also why they dont have any ingame customer support, people dont need it :p

They try as best as they can to recover what people have lost, if epics are bugged they usually help ya within the day (ofc unless its weekend ^^), they keep off most rollbacks so on...

The servers aint "old" or "useless", more or less any server you can point at would get trouble handeling 1000+ people, lding and logging in and out. That is, indeed, why there are many servers! Afraid the relics have to be taken with less then 1200 people in the zone next attempt.

Unless you have played anarchy online and the funcom support on the first months... pwned! Goa rocks easy ^^

Although... Sony had so dramatically much better customer support then goa i can hardly say its perfect, but daoc dont really have that many problems, and it is a unsaid fact that they will try their best to solve this out, no matter what they force themselves to write on those letters-to-teh-zerg-of-whiners :p

My 5 cents and five minutes! :D

Q

quinthar

Originally posted by Madonion Slicer
I can understand the frustrations that some are expressing but some of the comments on these boards display alot of people are seriously addict to game to become this irrate over it and i dare say this is unhealthy.

Lets just hope GOA improve their response times and the rightnow service, because they are not going to upgrade the servers.

Is that all we have left hope??

I cancelled both auto renews yesterday, unfortunatly I have 3 months to blow on a server that is liekly to crash whenever two large armies face each other off.

M

Madonion Slicer

I hate to say it but i really think hope is all we do have left, GOA wont upgrade servers just after they have been done(we only have their say so on this) and quicker response time to crashes is about the only thing they can do.

You have to admit the actions of Albion and Midgard over the last few days have been extreme, never have we meet in such massive numbers before, i tottally agree that we SHOULD be able to mass any force we want and battle against and less or greater force but in practise we know the results of this.

It is frustrating i know but i consider myself an IT Expert in most areas, hell networking is my job and has been for many years but i dont think i could say that i could make a server stable enough to take 3000 constant packets of data from all over Europe and say it wont suffer lag or even go down.

Before this week, Excal has suffered maybe 10 crashes in the last year, and i mean ones that lasted some time and resulted in free days. In the IT world 10 crashes in a year is pretty damn good going hell i have one old server that is not responding every morning and requires a reboot(it is an old bit crap).

These massive zergs will calm down and the realm war will return to how it was before christmas, Emain will get it's zergs back and Odin will become the place for Group Combat.

Also think about how long has DAOC really got left to run, most people are already looking ahead to WOW, Warhammer, DarkFall and so on and so on, the MMORPG market is about to become flooded, i really cant see GOA sinking more more money into a game that has an ever decreasing player base.

Sad but true.

Lucky for me i have not got myself involved in these zergs as i dont see the point, while people were suffering lag and ld's i was having a lovely lag and ld free defence at Beno.

Still i do hope GOA make inprovements in Customer service and response time, i very much enjoy DAOC and it would be a shame to see it go down the pan before it's time.

I

i-scream

...and there's ppl talking about bringing other servers down ?...
How can players bring servers down just by playing in a normal way ? DAoC sells itself as a massive multiplayer game. "Massive" means "very very very many". As long as you can connect to a server, there shouldn't be any problem, because you're acting as a normal player.

If however the server would crash because of the number of connections, maybe it has not been set up correctly. Then you have to blame the people who run these servers, not the players.

The contract we all have, and for which we pay, is that we can play on a certain number of servers (french, english and german). If you don't agree with this contract, you shouldn't be playing on these servers. So leave those who want to connect to whatever server they want and for which they payed.

Btw, what do you mean by "other" servers ? Did you mean "your" server ?

O

old.davidlqs

Originally posted by i-scream
DAoC sells itself as a massive multiplayer game. "Massive" means "very very very many". As long as you can connect to a server, there shouldn't be any problem, because you're acting as a normal player.

2000 peeps playing DAoC >>> 16-a-side CS / deathmatch.

I think "massive" is a fair description for 2000 compared to 32.

My waistline is 34" (alright, so its a bit a squeeze now :m00: ), and I'd consider 2000" a massive waistline.

My CD collection is fairly large (about 150), and I'd consider 2000 CD's a massive collection.

etc...

V

vesta

Bleh who cares about free days? Fuck that giv me TG warrior torso or 50p or sumthing :) free day? pfffffft its a joke giv something i can use ffs um like....TG warrior torso...errr did i say that earlier? damn..gimme anyway i want :D

I

i-scream

Originally posted by old.davidlqs
2000 peeps playing DAoC >>> 16-a-side CS / deathmatch.

I think "massive" is a fair description for 2000 compared to 32.

My waistline is 34" (alright, so its a bit a squeeze now :m00: ), and I'd consider 2000" a massive waistline.

My CD collection is fairly large (about 150), and I'd consider 2000 CD's a massive collection.

etc...
I'm not sure what you're trying to say. OK, you consider 2000 as massive. Most of GOA's server have 2000 players, some are even mentioned as "full", but only Excalibur had the problem of crashing.

What comparison do you want to make with CS ? When your server is full with 34 players (or 18, whatever), it's full, you can't add another player.

So as long as players can connect to a server, what are they doing wrong ? Explain me please.

S

Sibanac

Re: Re: Re: Re: What is it with you selfish little brats ?

Originally posted by i-scream
I'm not sure what you're trying to say. OK, you consider 2000 as massive. Most of GOA's server have 2000 players, some are even mentioned as "full", but only Excalibur had the problem of crashing.

What comparison do you want to make with CS ? When your server is full with 34 players (or 18, whatever), it's full, you can't add another player.

So as long as players can connect to a server, what are they doing wrong ? Explain me please.

US players are saying they get server reboots aswell when 400+ players start fighting in 1 zone.

I Hightly doubt the number of people in a zone is the problem, but much more a high concentation of people fighting.
(e.g. 1000 chars in a zone walking around would be less load the 500 in a zone fighting oneanother)

Q

quinthar

Originally posted by Madonion Slicer
I hate to say it but i really think hope is all we do have left, GOA wont upgrade servers just after they have been done(we only have their say so on this) and quicker response time to crashes is about the only thing they can do.

You have to admit the actions of Albion and Midgard over the last few days have been extreme, never have we meet in such massive numbers before, i tottally agree that we SHOULD be able to mass any force we want and battle against and less or greater force but in practise we know the results of this.

It is frustrating i know but i consider myself an IT Expert in most areas, hell networking is my job and has been for many years but i dont think i could say that i could make a server stable enough to take 3000 constant packets of data from all over Europe and say it wont suffer lag or even go down.

Before this week, Excal has suffered maybe 10 crashes in the last year, and i mean ones that lasted some time and resulted in free days. In the IT world 10 crashes in a year is pretty damn good going hell i have one old server that is not responding every morning and requires a reboot(it is an old bit crap).

These massive zergs will calm down and the realm war will return to how it was before christmas, Emain will get it's zergs back and Odin will become the place for Group Combat.

Also think about how long has DAOC really got left to run, most people are already looking ahead to WOW, Warhammer, DarkFall and so on and so on, the MMORPG market is about to become flooded, i really cant see GOA sinking more more money into a game that has an ever decreasing player base.

Sad but true.

Lucky for me i have not got myself involved in these zergs as i dont see the point, while people were suffering lag and ld's i was having a lovely lag and ld free defence at Beno.

Still i do hope GOA make inprovements in Customer service and response time, i very much enjoy DAOC and it would be a shame to see it go down the pan before it's time.

I do not beleive for one sec that Europe Xcal is the only DAOC in the world that has seen these pitch battles, in fact, GOA have already stated that Prydwyn was able to handle 800 DAOC'er kicking the crap out of each other quite happilly, this suggests to me it is capable of more.

Either way I have great fun during big battle that is one of the reasons I signed up for DAOC a coupla of years ago, we have had very few noteable fights of this scale, but this rocked for me, I will continue to play during them and taking part, if the zone crashing every night is the only way to get GOA to do somehting about it then so be it.

I do not think for one second that nothing can be done, that is such a defeatist attitude from GOA, the simplest thing they could do is cap players in a specific zone, I would expect even the most basic computer grunt to have understood that at GOA.

Anyway, maybe more servers crashes will allow me to get myself off this game, and hopefully, NOT find a new one.

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by quinthar
I do not beleive for one sec that Europe Xcal is the only DAOC in the world that has seen these pitch battles, in fact, GOA have already stated that Prydwyn was able to handle 800 DAOC'er kicking the crap out of each other quite happilly, this suggests to me it is capable of more.

Either way I have great fun during big battle that is one of the reasons I signed up for DAOC a coupla of years ago, we have had very few noteable fights of this scale, but this rocked for me, I will continue to play during them and taking part, if the zone crashing every night is the only way to get GOA to do somehting about it then so be it.

I do not think for one second that nothing can be done, that is such a defeatist attitude from GOA, the simplest thing they could do is cap players in a specific zone, I would expect even the most basic computer grunt to have understood that at GOA.

Anyway, maybe more servers crashes will allow me to get myself off this game, and hopefully, NOT find a new one.

US players saying the same happens on their servers tho.
I still believe, niether the server or the client soft can handle large scale RvR.

B

bikkus

Kaireem

U have totaly missed the point. Read the threads before you insult.

I

ian_heaps

As this is a massive mutliplayer etc. etc. etc. game and people can go and do what they want where they want, shouldn't they server be abled to handle every player in the same zone at the same time? If not are we being lied to?

If it is imposssible to have 1000+ players in the same zone at the same time why don't they cap the max amount of people per server? Answer - if they keep the same amount of servers and cap them they have less money coming in and if the have more servers it will cost more to run them.

If people don't moan, and whine like they do here, will anything get done?

Isn't this a place where people come to express there opinions on any thing to do with the game? If so, isn't using foul languauge a verbal / write for of expression?

Some people aren't abled to play daoc during the week, so if the server is down all weekend, haven't these people basically lost a weeks worth of play?

Wouldn't everyone loggin on to one of the french servers or german servers at the same time be a quick and easy way to see if we have the same setup as the european players?

Just my 2 pence worth, sorry about the punctuation etc. etc. etc.

C

chronictank

ok
yes they can give back play time

But i for one DONT have the time to use it
I expect the game to be working when i get the occasional hours free from rl things to do.
I have a life and it means i DONT have time, like you it seems, to waste.

R

raithian

ok fact
we pay goa to run a service for us via subs goa are not runing the service thay promised and we pay for reagrdless if you plzy 24/7 the servers are supose to be up and acording to goa able to handle upto 1000 ppl in a realm/server area since the new upgrade yet the last few dyas have proven this is not the case so what exactly are the subs being used for to pay ppl to sit on there asses doing nothing and loling at the fact thay oprovide a crap service to paying customers.
if a uk company provided the same lvl of service as a french company namly goa are then thay would have been reported to consumer watch dogs by now

O

old.Glendower

Originally posted by quinthar
I have a life, I'm married, I have a son, I walk my dog, I have a job and when I have finished with all the above I like to play the game I pay for.

Now when perhaps youre a little older and a little wiser and your arse has recovered from all the dmg it has taken over the years maybe, just maybe you'll figure out that youve had enough of bending over and taking it.

So, as for being a selfish little brat, you could not be further from the truth, stop measuring other people by your own standards, because for some of us yours are far too low.

Nicely put.

Been saying similar things myself since Beta.

Doesn't look like it is getting any better.

B

bracken_woodman

Can't you just do something else....have sex with a girl you know for 5 mins

You should atleast get to know her first !!111!!11!!!

:p

A

Aule Valar

personaly i don't care at bit as you lot crashing the servers every day is letting me play on pryd for free :p

I

inuyasha

Originally posted by bracken_woodman
You should atleast get to know her first !!111!!11!!!

:p

of course, what did you plan to use the 5 minutes for? =)

K

Kaireem

Originally posted by inuyasha
of course, what did you plan to use the 5 minutes for? =)

you know what im talking about ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom