What is it with you selfish little brats ?

K

Kaireem

I've been reading here for a few days now, and there's ppl talking about bringing other servers down ?
I mean come on, let the ppl that CAN play play imo and f*ck off with your whining. If you don't like the way goa is handling this? : CANCEL SUB and move on!!

Can't you just do something else while server is down ? Go mow the lawn, talk to the old senile incontinent lady next door, walk the dog, get out drink loads and have sex with a girl you know for 5 mins, plenty of stuff to do imo.Don't you ppl have jobs ? school ? A LIFE ??

Djeez....

I

ian_heaps

Will be cancelling my subs if WoW is as good as it looks at the moment, when it comes out.

D

Danamyr

STFU you cock.

People pay decent money for a 24/7 game that should work 24/7. Stop making excuses for GOA - their customer service and tech support are crap, and so (it would seem) are their servers.

You have no idea what people's lives are like, or what their working hours are so do not criticise others for being unhappy when they were unable to log in 3 times in 4 days.

I am not condoning the intentional crashing of other servers, but to bury your head in the sand and suggest the current service we in the UK recieve from GOA is acceptable is sheer ignorance IMHO. Please get a clue.

It's people with attitudes like yours that make things worse. Now, in the time honoured way of BW 'kthxbye'.

K

Kaireem

Originally posted by ian_heaps
Will be cancelling my subs if WoW is as good as it looks at the moment, when it comes out.

Good to see some ppl actually have brains :)

M

Merl

Originally posted by Danamyr
STFU you cock.

People pay decent money for a 24/7 game that should work 24/7. Stop making excuses for GOA - their customer service and tech support are crap, and so (it would seem) are their servers.

You have no idea what people's lives are like, or what their working hours are so do not criticise others for being unhappy when they were unable to log in 3 times in 4 days.

I am not condoning the intentional crashing of other servers, but to bury your head in the sand and suggest the current service we in the UK recieve from GOA is acceptable is sheer ignorance IMHO. Please get a clue.

It's people with attitudes like yours that make things worse. Now, in the time honoured way of BW 'kthxbye'.

Agree 100% well except the "stfu cock bit" thats a bit harsh ;)

S

Sibanac

STFU you cock.

We get free days for downtime, most of the time the amount of free days is bigger then the downtime, so you do not actualy pay for a downed server, you tend to get a free extra.

K

Kaireem

STFU you cock.

When did i say i accept the way they treat us ? I agree with you 100%, im just pointing out that ppl could like do something else for a change instead of just whine here bout it being down.

K

Khalen

Originally posted by Kaireem
When did i say i accept the way they treat us ? I agree with you 100%, im just pointing out that ppl could like do something else for a change instead of just whine here bout it being down.

So true :) And the amount of people in Midgard Frontier is far less then we had that saturday. People aren't intentionally crashing the server for your info.

Z

Ziva

I agree with Kaireem aswell.

Even though it's not up to me to judge someone else his live (eg if they play 24/7 aswell that's their choice) i do find the amount of whineposts about the server crashes and plans to "pay back GOA" on these forums pretty pathetic.

Sure it's no fun not beeing able to play, sure we are suppose to have a game that is working 24/7 but i'm sure a lot of companies would be very yealous on the uptime from GOA last year. Working in IT myself maintaining multiple servers in a non 24/7 office, i find it amazing.

And as been said, if you are not satisfied about GOA cancel your sub, find another game and make your statement.

Oh, and if saying this makes me a "cock" too, then i'm happy and proud to be one :D

F

- Fedaykin -

to quote Jay and Silent Bob:

"fuck goa, fuck them up their stupid asses."

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by Sichama
Sibanac= GoA Fanboy

not realy, its just that I cant be arsed to get my pants in a knot every time a server goes down and i cant play for a bit or to start whining for a couple of days and start making conspiricy theories.

I get a free day every time a server is down for considrable time so I dont pay for downtime.

The day GOA crosses the line of crappyness for me is the day I /cancel and send them an email explaining why.

for now i just keep myself amused at work with your posts

K

kirennia

Part of the point is that the french servers have been treated a load better then the excalibur server. They are always down last and up first during maintenence and never have the problems that we do with lds because they have better machines.

Also, the servers being down for 40hours on a weekend, how is an extra day during the week gonna help those who work?

F

freerp

Can't you just do something else while server is down ? Go mow the lawn,

mow the lawn at 10pm its a bit dark out there and i dont want to upset the old lady nxt door

Q

quinthar

I've been reading here for a few days now, and there's ppl talking about bringing other servers down ?
I mean come on, let the ppl that CAN play play imo and f*ck off with your whining. If you don't like the way goa is handling this? : CANCEL SUB and move on!!

Can't you just do something else while server is down ? Go mow the lawn, talk to the old senile incontinent lady next door, walk the dog, get out drink loads and have sex with a girl you know for 5 mins, plenty of stuff to do imo.Don't you ppl have jobs ? school ? A LIFE ??

Djeez....

I have a life, I'm married, I have a son, I walk my dog, I have a job and when I have finished with all the above I like to play the game I pay for.

Now when perhaps youre a little older and a little wiser and your arse has recovered from all the dmg it has taken over the years maybe, just maybe you'll figure out that youve had enough of bending over and taking it.

So, as for being a selfish little brat, you could not be further from the truth, stop measuring other people by your own standards, because for some of us yours are far too low.

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by kirennia
Part of the point is that the french servers have been treated a load better then the excalibur server. They are always down last and up first during maintenence and never have the problems that we do with lds because they have better machines.

Also, the servers being down for 40hours on a weekend, how is an extra day during the week gonna help those who work?

Would make more sense if the german servers where up first since that is the bigest player base

As for LD's thats mostly because most french players are in France and dont have to pass over the crappy opentransit UK-> France routers.

As for those who work, that only comes into play when you /cancel since otherwise it mean you have to pay your sub a day later.
(unless you actualy only renew your sub in the weekend, but then you could get lucky and the free day could make your sub expire an monday morning instead of sunday morning, thus saving you 5 days of sub)

Or to look at it from another angle its a 24/7 game you pay to be able to play for the duration of your sub. If by goa's fault you cant play they give you that time back.

K

Kaireem

Re: Re: What is it with you selfish little brats ?

Originally posted by quinthar

Now when perhaps youre a little older and a little wiser and your arse has recovered from all the dmg it has taken over the years maybe, just maybe you'll figure out that youve had enough of bending over and taking it.

what a mature statement to make...

S

Sichama

Ill be very patient although i don't believe what i will say people that defend GoA don't allready know but just seem to ignore on purpose.

1) DAoC in Europe is the only mmorpg, mmog, mmofps etc. etc. that is so succesful that does not have any online support, ingame support, or CSR in general, it's the only game that you can't even phone someone for your problem. The only method you have, to try and resolve a problem you might have is Rightnow that is handled in the worst way possible, people getting copy/pasted responses totaly irrelevent to their problem is the normal way it works.

2) The game web pages that are there to inform their customers about the various issues of the game old or new are very rearly updated and when they are most of the players allready know or have guessed about the "news" they read.

3) They are totaly incompetent to even keep a simple XML web service that is not even 1/3 as large as the one Mythic keeps for their USA servers.

4) Not only patches need months to be implemented, although the only thing needed for them to be implemented are a simple translation to French and German, they try implementing their own content in game, something they are totaly incompetent of doing corectly, resulting in even longer delays.

5) The companys response to immediate problems is totaly unacceptable from a company that runs a 24/7 service with a customer base of tens of thousands, it is unacceptable that they will have no personel working in off-work houres or that people can not be contacted because they "forgot" to give their mobile number to the ones responsible for calling them, or those responsible "forgot" to ask for it.

6) They have shown total lack of consideration for their customers, by not informing them about immediate problems, that although no one can deny that they might happen the total lack of immediate and meaningfull information suggestions or advise is unnacceptable.

7) Their security measures have been proven to be totaly crap with the resylts we all witnessed this summer, a totaly crap story about a mr-x hacker and some DAoC player circulated, while the fact that Wanadoo hosts one of the bigests E-mail retrieving spybots in Europe goes unnoticed, there has even been official warning from GoA's representatives that people should not keep their mails with their account details, i wonder why.

Excalibur for instanse either had some problem that showed it's self because of the sudden flow of lots of characters in one zone resulting in the server crushing or is not able to handle it altogether what is the response we got from GoA a few days later? That it was a problem they knew about and they decided to bring down the server to fix it, total bullshit, who decides to bring down a popular server on a Saturday afternoon for a maintance and by coincidence during a RR and even if they do why did they unplug the server 4 times allowing people to relog before they take it down. Personally after this obvious lie i can not trust GoA or any of their representatives to say the truth never again, in my book whatever they say from now on is by definition a lie that has only one purpose that they will cover their ass up.

As you can see the complaints and the frustration are not the result of not beeing able to log for a few houres on a weekend.

The compensation i get in free days is a joke, i dont want free days in the future i want to be charged less at my next subscription or money beeing returned to me if i dont want to continue playing, sure it will be a very small amount but if you add it up it does become a substansial amount that would make them very carefull of what happens in the future.

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by quinthar

If you are stilll paying your subs you are taking it

F

finbahr

Djeez....

So are you telling me we cannot play any of the other severs we have to stick to excal and pyrdwen if this is the case could you inform all the french and german players to piss of from the english servers.... we are alowed to play on any of the european severs so if we wanna make a relic raid on carnac we can and will. To all the german and french players on excal and pyrd welcome guys hope you enjoy the realms shame you have to put up with the same crap service as us.
what we were suggesting is if this happends on all the servers as often as it happends on the english servers goa will HAVE to do something about it.

1.mow the lawn in jaunary in england? are you fecking stupid do you know nothing about agriculture
2. talk to a senile old lady. she would be in a home where you can not just walk in and talk to anybody, the local health authorities are very strict on this
3. haven't got a dog.
4 go out and have a drink good idea but drink loads? i have work in the morning and have to drive which isn't very sensible is it.
5. have sex with a girl u known for 5 minitues this is very childish and school boy thoughts imo in these days of increased aids and other sexually transmitted diseases. this is very dangerous also you must know some classy ladies:p if you can have sex inside 5 mins or do you pay for your girlfriens( sucky fucky five bucks i love you long time)
6 as above yes i do work i use doac to relax and stress out

so what i'm trying to say is..FUCK OF YOU STUPID TWAT

F

finbahr

Originally posted by Sibanac
We get free days for downtime, most of the time the amount of free days is bigger then the downtime, so you do not actualy pay for a downed server, you tend to get a free extra.

no on sat urady you could not log in after 10 pm gmt ish couldn't play till monday morning thats about 36 hours down time we get 24 hours back sounds a shite deal to me also we lost a sunday which is 12-16 hours of game play monday-friday is about 3-4 hours

K

Kaireem

Originally posted by finbahr
So are you telling me we cannot play any of the other severs we have to stick to excal and pyrdwen if this is the case could you inform all the french and german players to piss of from the english servers.... we are alowed to play on any of the european severs so if we wanna make a relic raid on carnac we can and will. To all the german and french players on excal and pyrd welcome guys hope you enjoy the realms shame you have to put up with the same crap service as us.
what we were suggesting is if this happends on all the servers as often as it happends on the english servers goa will HAVE to

1.mow the lawn in jaunary in england? are you fecking stupid do you know nothing about agriculture
2. talk to a senile old lady. she would be in a home where you can not just walk in and talk to anybody, the local health authorities are very strict on this
3. haven't got a dog.
4 go out and have a drink good idea but drink loads? i have work in the morning and have to drive which isn't very sensible is it.
5. have sex with a girl u known for 5 minitues this is very childish and school boy thoughts imo in these days of increased aids and other sexually transmitted diseases. this is very dangerous also you must know some classy ladies:p if you can have sex inside 5 mins or do you pay for your girlfriens( sucky fucky five bucks i love you long time)

Guess you never heard of irony and sarcasm...

F

finbahr

Re: Re: Re: What is it with you selfish little brats ?

Guess you never heard of irony and sarcasm...

guess you still don't understand FUCK OF YOU TOSSER

S

Sibanac

no on sat urady you could not log in after 10 pm gmt ish couldn't play till monday morning thats about 36 hours down time we get 24 hours back sounds a shite deal to me also we lost a sunday which is 12-16 hours of game play monday-friday is about 3-4 hours

ok they where a little on the cheap side this time granted.

Still its a day you couldnt play and its a day you didnt pay.

K

Kaireem

Re: Re: Re: Re: What is it with you selfish little brats ?

guess you still don't understand FUCK OF YOU TOSSER

did you know there's 12y olds and younger out there that can come up with better answers than this ? IT WAS SARCASM
I KNOW YOU CAN'T MOW YOUR LAWN MID WINTER, the senile old lady thingie is SARCASM, ITS ALL SARCASM. GET OVER IT!!

F

finbahr

Originally posted by Sibanac
ok they where a little on the cheap side this time granted.

Still its a day you couldnt play and its a day you didnt pay.
no disagree yes my extra day will be on a monday tueday as well as we lost another day . they should give us the total hours back not the 1 free day i would like the 40 odd hours i lost i didn't log in until 6pm on monday so i actually lost more time or do i have to sit there trying to log in all day until they can be bothered to fix it

i understand 1 day is a free day but sunday is the day my wife and son go to her mothers so i can sit at home drink my stella and play doac all day

i think the customer service sucks and as sonn as wow comes out i'm sure i will /quit doac unless it is run by goa or some other wanadoo company it will be hard to leave as i made some great friends here

S

Sibanac

well as i said, they where cheap this time, 2 days would have been the thing to do.

but there isnt much more they can do as compensation short of giving a free week

Z

Ziva

So are you telling me we cannot play any of the other severs we have to stick to excal and pyrdwen if this is the case could you inform all the french and german players to piss of from the english servers....

Kaireem is not saying we can't play other servers, please read it again; this part saying "let the ppl that CAN play play imo and f*ck off with your whining" is aimed at people who are making posts about bringing servers down to nag GOA (and thus also the rest of the players who don't support this idea).

Furthermore i hope you (finbahr) can continue posting without making insults at people who don't agree with you and don't share your thoughts about GOA. Calling the TS a tosser and a twat telling him to f**k off is really uncalled for.

So please continue this discussion without any insults cause i think people who don't agree with all the whineposts aimed at GOA have a right to post here too.

P

phillies

So how's that working for you ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom