Confused What is going on?

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
Hi All,

Got an annoying issue with Firefox at the moment, running Win 10.

Mostly on the BBC website, though very occasionally on one or two others, including alarmingly the NatWest site, I am having new tabs open with adverts when I click a link. The new tab looks basically like the BBC site, but has a bar at the top saying 'Ads bt Addjet'.

I have run anti virus scans, Malwarebytes and AdAware etc. but have found nothing, but this still persists.

Any ideas?

This is a picture of the ad:

Untitled-1.jpg

Many thanks

RB

Syri

FH is my second home
That's a heck of a lot of addons running there... I'd say with almost 100% certainty that one of those is the cause, if you've not installed or updated any recently, try removing them all and just activating one or two at a time, starting with the most trusted/essential, until you find the culprit. That's about the best I can suggest offhand.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Yep, pretty sure its an addon. Girl in my office had a similar issue that scared the shit out of tech support until I pointed it out. It was some voucher code thing.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Also try installing uBlock once the culprit has been found?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I've gone off him a bit since he facepalmed me a while ago tbh. That one hurt. :(

Before the mass-facepalming begins, I don't care if any of you bellends do it. :)

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
I've gone off him a bit since he facepalmed me a while ago tbh. That one hurt. :(

Before the mass-facepalming begins, I don't care if any of you bellends do it. :)

I can't remember face palming you, I can't remember face palming anyone ever, I'm to scared people will go of me. Which clearly you did.

Ah well.

Love you to Trem, on every level ;)

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
I can't remember face palming you, I can't remember face palming anyone ever, I'm to scared people will go of me. Which clearly you did.

Ah well.

Love you to Trem, on every level ;)
I totally agree, you would never facepalm anyone, not on purpose anyway. Ignore callous chum, he's one of them European types.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom